ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
I've found a 2018 401A for $7500 off MSRP and its missing the active exhaust. Vehicle comes with MR, PP1, Security, A10.

Could a dealership install the active exhaust or could it be ordered and installed myself?

Also, if it didn't come factory with the active exhaust would the display still be programmed to use it and have the necessary hardware for installing it?
Sponsored

l'Ingegnere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
You would not be able to add (for any reasonable cost) the factory system as it ties into the body harness.

Given how much it would likely cost to buy the system from a dealer, you might as well get the Roush active system.

OP
OP
ApollosWar89

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
You would not be able to add (for any reasonable cost) the factory system as it ties into the body harness.

Given how much it would likely cost to buy the system from a dealer, you might as well get the Roush active system.
So you would be stuck with controlling the exhaust via the knob system they provide?

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
The stock exhaust is pretty sweet. Sounds good.

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP

Sponsored

stangjp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
I saw someone installed these muffler on a 2015 but you have to put a switch separatly.the exhaust are not expensive 170$ each at tasca ford.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
If it helps, someone on the forum has access to the 2018 man pages.
Ask them to look up the bcm harness for active exhaust?
It is HIGHLY likely the wiring for active exhaust uses the same wire harness and there is a loose pigtail to plug into. Think about it, they would have to wait on demand to manufacture the correct number of each harness type JIT. Thats alot of risk and dependency to add for saving 16 foot of wire. Managing that would likely exceed engineering cost vs material savings excluding risk added.
You could just ask if you can look at an active exhaust and non active side by side on lift to try finding harness plug in points. Just buy 4 dozen donuts and show up early and feed all the techs first, then sales. Theyll do anything reasonable you ask.

Sponsored

steve2150

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt 2020 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I got $4500+ off 401a, active exhaust, mini spare, 19" polished wheels, 10 speed and royal crimson and I thought I did okay but $7500.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
That's a good deal, but the $5k in "Cook dealer discounts" is probably going to fall apart. Although it's not fair that Texas gets $2k cash back and the rest of us get $1,500, everyone is already rich there, sighhhh.

OP
OP
ApollosWar89

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
That's a good deal, but the $5k in "Cook dealer discounts" is probably going to fall apart. Although it's not fair that Texas gets $2k cash back and the rest of us get $1,500, everyone is already rich there, sighhhh.
The only 3 options I've sought on a 2018 GT Oxford White are the Digital Dash, PP1, and active exhaust. Many of the additional items on this are simply icing on the cake but missing the active exhaust is probably a deal breaker for myself.

This vehicle for the same price replacing the MR for Active exhaust and I would pick it up in a heartbeat. It's my exact build I configure about once a day on the B&P.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
My opinion. Take the discount and you can always add an aftermarket exahaust Xpipe/etc if you want to improve the stock sound.

I was gung ho on active exhaust too, but very few cars that have it within 100 miles of me are optioned the way I want.

I listened to a bunch of 2018 sound clips and I think a 2018 stock exhaust with an Xpipe is pretty dang good. Don't think I would need much more and I would never use quiet mode anyway.
Sponsored