Sponsored

Brand new transmission leak

xdarkox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2017 PP

LET me know if anyone had this experience,
I just bought 2017 GT Manual transmission, performance pack, and within few hundred miles is started to form puddle under the car, it looks like its leaking from the top, i guess there is a vent tube and it might be broken so oil is leaking down the transmission, im starting to wonder if its just gonna be problematic coz i want to enjoy this car, coz now they gonna have to drop tranny to do that on a freaking brand new car , cmon ford
Sponsored

Rollin'

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
17 gt pp
My vent tube leaked and they first tried to re-seat it. That lasted a little while but they eventually ended up pulling the trans to replace the vent assembly. It had a cut in the o-ring seal. It's been fine since then though.

Ugly John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT PP
I had the same problem. I had to take it in a couple times, but they finally figured out it was the vent tube, dropped the transmission to replace it, and it's been 100% fine ever since. No problems at all from the tranny drop.

OP
OP

xdarkox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2017 PP
I just got back car from dealership, they had to remove transmission and replace the vent tube that was cracked, but mechanic told me that if it leaks again they will have to get a brand new transmission (this was brand new transmission) because problem might be the hole on the tranny where the vent tube seats.

plresultsman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
en.wikipedia.org
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
16 White GT Vert GT PP Roush Stg1 M'flow ctbck
Were vent tube issues fixed on some sort of a long term warranty? I have a '16 that is leaving a quarter-sized bit of oil after each use.

Sponsored

plresultsman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
en.wikipedia.org
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
I had the same problem. I had to take it in a couple times, but they finally figured out it was the vent tube, dropped the transmission to replace it, and it's been 100% fine ever since. No problems at all from the tranny drop.
How much did they charge you for that fix, or was it covered under warranty?

plresultsman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
en.wikipedia.org
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
How much did they charge you for that fix, or was it covered under warranty?
Sponsored