Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
I'll give the '18 credit on the front section when photographed showing the side only, imo when looking at the side profile of the front it looks slightly more aggressive than the '15. However viewed front on or front side perspective, the '18 just looks droopy and weird.
I suppose like anything, you see enough of it and persuade yourself that it looks okay. But then you put it next to a '15 and you realise that it doesn't. The '05 and '15 looked great from day one , with the 18 you need to try and find angles where it looks good
Sponsored

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
I'll give the '18 credit on the front section when photographed showing the side only, imo when looking at the side profile of the front it looks slightly more aggressive than the '15. However viewed front on or front side perspective, the '18 just looks droopy and weird.
I suppose like anything, you see enough of it and persuade yourself that it looks okay. But then you put it next to a '15 and you realise that it doesn't. The '05 and '15 looked great from day one , with the 18 you need to try and find angles where it looks good
lol

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
This is called beer goggles.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
So true. Plus I don't want to persuade myself to like something that IS ugly.

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
The '05 and '15 looked great from day one , with the 18 you need to try and find angles where it looks good
I never liked the 5th Gen, and the common opinion on 6th gen reveal was that it looks like a fusion. :D

I just think that the first pics of the facelift were really ugly. The video of the yellow one with the washed out colors and low contrast was the worst kind of video you could make of this car. Now with better pictures I like the facelift, even though it can look stupid on some angles (but I always though that about the pre-fl too).

I just think people love their (mostly modded) 6th gen so much, that sometimes they have to hate the stock facelift just to make sure they have the best mustang.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I thought the 05' was the worst Mustang to date. I still think it's horrible up until 2010 then it got better looking.

Sponsored

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
I thought the 05' was the worst Mustang to date. I still think it's horrible up until 2010 then it got better looking.
Completely AGREE!!! :cheers:

I think it only got slightly better looking in 2011. I liked the New Age body style, The Fox, and original. But once I saw and drove the S550, it quickly became my favorite.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Respectfully disagree!:cheers:
Hey, at least I didn't compare it to the 2nd generation. That has the worst body designs IMO out of any Mustang.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
I think some people are remembering the S550 debut with rose colored glasses.

A LOT of people were saying the S550 only looked good from certain angles.

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
'05 rearend with the '11 frontend.
saw this combo at a meet. Looked nice from all angles. Rear vents like a '69 Stang, I think they came from Galpin.