Sponsored

No sync3 = no apple/android carplay :(

bigul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015 EU
Damn! And there is no chance to get this somehow in ours 2015, its sick :frusty:

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
We gone miss many many many app's
Not me, Sync2 can play audio, accept phone calls and do navigation and that's all I need in a car. I think this whole in-car apps thing is grossly overrated.

Frankly I'd much more prefer it if Ford would integrate some sort of scroll wheel device in their system like BMW, Audi and Mercedes have. Touch screens in cars suck goat balls and even though Sync3 with it's capacitive screen is a slight improvement it is still lightyears behind any scroll wheel interface.

OP
OP
YLA G

YLA G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oranginator
Not at all.. waze for example is a lot (I mean a lot lot lot) better then a normal gps.

streaming radio, a better siri, even amazon echo (say, you want to know how much fuel you have on you phone, etc).

I am sure this is the new future... you are talking like some old guys that says my phone only needs to make calls :p

Sponsored

bigul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015 EU

Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Found another alternative even better then sync3:

http://www.suavdvdgps.com/product/FORD_Series/Android_OS_DVD_GPS/2015/0816/1143.html

Could be the TomTop also.. but it's does mirrorplay, browsing, gaming :D (lol need for speed anyone?),... even analog TV!

check the page!
My advice would be to stay away from this kind of Chinese junk. It looks awesome and will work for a week but then stuff will start to fail and you're sol because it's impossible to install any updates. Next you'll find out that their idea of service is yeah send it back to us in China and we'll look into it.

I tried one of those things in a VW once. Empty battery 2-3 times a week, the navigation froze after two weeks and it never worked again.

Also these units are specifically designed to upgrade a base model US version without the 8" display. If you look carefully at the bottom of the trim plate you'll notice that it will not fit over our toggle switches.

Lsstefan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
I'm sure in the future there will be better aftermarket head units. A friend has one in his Ford and it works wonders:
Video play
BT streaming
Navigation and the best imho
Torque, speed, timers, HP aproximation and other stuff.

AmerikanishesPferd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2007 Saab 95 1.9T Hisch
Not me, Sync2 can play audio, accept phone calls and do navigation and that's all I need in a car. I think this whole in-car apps thing is grossly overrated.

Frankly I'd much more prefer it if Ford would integrate some sort of scroll wheel device in their system like BMW, Audi and Mercedes have. Touch screens in cars suck goat balls and even though Sync3 with it's capacitive screen is a slight improvement it is still lightyears behind any scroll wheel interface.
Like it or not the car is becoming another device for people and as such consumers are expecting their vehicles to do more and be fully integrated to their mobile devices. I like this direction and have been in love with Tesla's screen that keeps the cockpit clean as well as the digital instrument clusters.

I understand that many consumers may want more traditional control schemes but I can't fathom that tactile controls are any more or less effective than touch-screen as it still requires drivers to remove concentration from actually driving.

That being said I also enjoy having the choice of apps I want to use and not having to pay $800 for a navigation option when better and free alternatives are already on the market.

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
To be useful, android auto needs to support bluetooth connection. In no way I will take out of my pocket the phone and connect to a usb cable EVERY TIME I get in the car!!

This was already possible years ago with a Nexus 7 installed in car and free software.. :cool:

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
What does Sync3 do that Sync 2 doesn't ? Yes, no doubt it's better, as Sync4 will be and 20xx Mustang. Chill out people and enjoy _driving_ this car.
Sponsored