OP
OP
ManBearPig

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Does anyone run a different (better) lugnut than what these spacers come with to secure the spacer to the hub? The supplied lugnuts seem pretty chinsey. Would a small lug from a reputable brand (monster, gorilla, McGard, etc) be a good idea?
Sponsored

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros
I found your other thread. Two things concern me...why did the spacer stud break in the first place, and why did the lugnuts strip so easily when trying to remove them? I have speculated that the little nuts that come with these spacers look and feel pretty cheesy. I wonder if sourcing a quality lugnut to use here would be a good idea?
Why did the spacer stud break is my question as well. I actually had three, each on a different wheel break. I was checking torque as usual and three different studs just spun and snapped off. (Immediately, not from torque) The first spacer lug nut did not strip or round off at all. It just would NOT come off no matter what I tried so I had to drill and cut it off. The other one did round off pretty easily.

I believe the spacer lugs are cheap as well, but apparently the studs Eibach is using are crap as well.

Pretty disappointing as I would have thought a product from Eibach would be better quality.

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros
Does anyone run a different (better) lugnut than what these spacers come with to secure the spacer to the hub? The supplied lugnuts seem pretty chinsey. Would a small lug from a reputable brand (monster, gorilla, McGard, etc) be a good idea?
I believe a better lug for the spacer would be a great investment, but I don't really trust the Eibach spacer stud at this point either.

OP
OP
ManBearPig

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I believe a better lug for the spacer would be a great investment, but I don't really trust the Eibach spacer stud at this point either.

I wonder if it would be worthwhile to press out all the studs these spacers come with and press in some known good studs from ARP. Combined with a quality lugnut that would give me more confidence in the whole setup.

Again I've never had an issue with the coyote spacers but I've always known that one day I might. I had been torturing everything to 130, last time I had everything apart I torqued to 110.

Jaehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
ran CJPP spacers for about 10k miles, torqued spacer to the hub at 148 ft lbs, and wheels to the spacer at 148 ft llbs

rotated tires several times, autocrossed on em, drag raced on em, when i took it off for a new set of wheels it still looked brand new. no damage to the aluminum or the studs. use a 6 point. the supplied lug nuts seems like a weak link.

Sponsored

18ROUSH_RS2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DK
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kona ROUSH RS2
Vehicle Showcase
Are the Eibach brand the only ones that sell a quality 20mm?!
I see tons of 25mm out there...

Last edited:
OP
OP
ManBearPig

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Are the Eibach brand the only ones that sell a quality 20mm?!
I see tons of 25mm out there...
I have a set of 20mm from eBay. Vnm brand. I ended up getting different wheels before I ever used them but they looked nice. 10.9 studs and the lugnuts looked less wimpy than the coyote brand spacers.

18ROUSH_RS2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DK
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kona ROUSH RS2
Vehicle Showcase
I have a set of 20mm from eBay. Vnm brand. I ended up getting different wheels before I ever used them but they looked nice. 10.9 studs and the lugnuts looked less wimpy than the coyote brand spacers.

So you have a 20mm set your not using!? Interested in selling them?

OP
OP
ManBearPig

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
So you have a 20mm set your not using!? Interested in selling them?

I just bought them last week. I took them out of the box to look at them but never mounted them. I'm going to check and see what the return policy is from the eBay store I got them from. I don't think they'll let me return them so if not, yes...they're for sale.

ronemca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 P/EB w PP

Sponsored

1380KPOI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Poi Boy
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Backwards. I have to say this so often.

The torque is for the stud stretch, not the lug. You want to elastically stretch the stud enough to achieve the right clamp load. The torque spec of 89 for wheel to adapter sounds right, as the aluminum will also deflect some, contributing to the clamp load. As such, those need a lower torque value. The adapter to hub should have the factory torque value.

If they are including fasteners that cannot take 150 ft-lbs to the hub, run far away from those.
I agree. All that people have to do is follow the directions that come in the box. I purchased a set of 25MM adapters from CJPP and the directions clearly state:
Adapter to Hub - Manufacturer's spec which is 150 ft lbs
Wheel to Adapter - 95 ft lbs
:clap2:

Torey3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible
Adapter to Hub: 150
Wheel to Adapter: 89 (listed torque spec for those studs)
Just spoke with one of the Coyote Factory Reps because I have three sheared studs on my spacer. He told me to tighten them to Ford manufacturers specs. I would never buy this spacer. Very unsafe if wheel studs are shearing off!
104ADC77-84D7-4BDB-890E-48BC505D6805.jpeg
104ADC77-84D7-4BDB-890E-48BC505D6805.jpeg

EB7A67AA-5137-4A53-A7C2-CDC0A1D4588E.jpeg
Sponsored