I've got two round wheel spacer lugs.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know what happened to the spacer stud. I was just washing the car looked down and it was gone. Could be several things, I'd just had a tire repair done on that tire... I live in not so good part of town and vehicle thefts are quite common. It's possible somebody a tech over tighted it and tried to cover his tracks or a theif tried to steel my wheels and broke it off.

The real problem was not detecting the presence of loctite on the wheel stud and rounding out two of the nuts on the spacer mount. Once I got head on them they came off fine. I usually drop a dab of loctite on the end of the stud or on the nut to indicate I've used it but not everyone does that.

As for the Eibach spacers, they seem to be of fine quality.
Seems skin deep.
Sponsored

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros
Fellas,

Is it possible that the problem is being caused by the fact that there are (2) dissimilar metals making contact with each other (let alone the forces of vehicle weight and proper torque specs)? IIRC, aluminum and steel next to or mated to each other can cause higher corrosion issues (galvanization) and the possibility of binding issues as you are both experiencing.

It’s also been said on a few forums that an all aluminum radiator should never come in direct contact with a vehicle’s steel or (other metal) radiator core support unless the radiator is properly grounded or has rubber isolaters separating the 2 metals.

Google aluminum vs steel dissimilar metals
If the spacer was stuck to the hub, I would agree with your assessment, but that was not the issue. My problem was a broken Eibach wheel spacer stud (3 actually) and the spacer lug nut not coming off the factory wheel stud.