Sponsored

Stock vs. Blowfish bracket vs. Steeda Tri-Ax vs. MGW vs. MGW + BG Syncroshift II

fcarpio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Thanks for the post mindys. I am definitely experiencing the third gear lockout and it is driving me bonkers. I am going to start with the Blowfish bracket and maybe the Sychroshift fluid as well. That should be good enough for my needs.
Sponsored

OP
OP
mindys

mindys

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mindaugas
Vehicle(s)
2020 VW GTI SE
Thanks for the post mindys. I am definitely experiencing the third gear lockout and it is driving me bonkers. I am going to start with the Blowfish bracket and maybe the Sychroshift fluid as well. That should be good enough for my needs.
No problem! Hope it helps!

JaxS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 GT PP
I did a few things over time, and looking back I wish I had just dropped the money on a Barton/MGW/or Steeda Race shifter.

I did the Steeda trans mount bushing, shifter bushing, and street shifter. Then I swapped the trans fluid to BG. Overall I am happy and it is much better than stock but with all that added up I should have just started with a full short shifter and added the other stuff later if needed.
This is my daily and I have driven another S550 with the Steeda race shifter and I couldnt believe how much better it felt than mine.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
MGW + BG fluid. That's all it needs to feel wonderful folks.

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
MGW=as good as it gets

Sponsored

OP
OP
mindys

mindys

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mindaugas
Vehicle(s)
2020 VW GTI SE
Yeah, unless a person is really satisfied with the feel of the stock shifter, the MGW+BG combination makes this car shift so much better. The only complaint I have heard about mine is that it seems like fifth has a small gate and is harder to find. For me, after driving on this setup for nearly a year and about 10k miles, the shifter is so easy to use and makes quick shifting a piece of cake!

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I took Mindys & BmacIL advice and did this combo couple weeks ago. Totally worth the money! Mine isn't even broken in yet and I love it! No more worrying if my car will go into gear under hard acceleration.

DUNDEM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base EB PP
Wasn’t there a discount code for 6G members anyone know? Couldn’t find it.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Mgw will give u 5% just ask

laardilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT FB 2015 EU
I had a pretty significant increase in the noise present in the cabin. I attribute this to the shifter being mounted to the body of the car just like the stock one. If I was coasting between 2K and 3K and giving enough throttle to keep a constant speed, I had this boomy sound (kinda like drone) under these conditions.
Man! I had the same issue with steeda tri-ax! Boomy, drone-ish sound. I search forums but didnt find answer for that and it was so annoying i ended with stock shifter again.
But since i really wanted shorter shifts I get boomba short throw shifter - so its now stock but with shorter handle and its pretty good imho.
And ofc I swapped the trans fuild too :)

May I get your opinion on Stock vs MGW in therms of daily driving comfort (traffic jams style N - 1 - 2 - N shifting etc)?
Is it the same level or harder (I mean more annoying) to shift in that conditions?

Again I am thinking about MGW after your post :)

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Man! I had the same issue with steeda tri-ax! Boomy, drone-ish sound. I search forums but didnt find answer for that and it was so annoying i ended with stock shifter again.
But since i really wanted shorter shifts I get boomba short throw shifter - so its now stock but with shorter handle and its pretty good imho.

May I get your opinion on Stock vs MGW in therms of daily driving comfort (traffic jams style N - 1 - 2 - N shifting etc)?
Is it the same level or harder (I mean more annoying) to shift in that conditions?

It's a non issue. Easy peasy.

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed. I also DD mine with MGW/BG combo and absolutely love it. My opinion its when you are in the stop/go traffic of DD that you least want to worry about shifting issues and I have none. Do it and don't look back.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
How is the noise inside the car with the blowfish?
Supposedly the new version has isolators that fix the reverse lockout collar noise.

OP
OP
mindys

mindys

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mindaugas
Vehicle(s)
2020 VW GTI SE

[MENTION=25531]laardilla[/MENTION] Absolutely no problem in stop and go traffic. Shifting with the MGW is really easy. I would just get the standard so that you have only a 15% throw decrease, which means you do not lose as much leverage when shifting when compared to 20%, 25% etc. throw decrease. I go to downtown Chicago nearly every weekend and there is a lot of 1-2-n-1-2 shifting.
Sponsored