Sponsored

What is part # for TPMS sensor for 2015 Mustang?

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Just bugs me that there is conflicting info. That amazon set shows as p/n TPMS35, which the fordparts.com search shows is 902 MHz. But since you guys are having good success with them, they must be the right ones.
Thanks for chiming in.

Bigred911s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Big Red
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I purchased the Amazon set and no issues for 25 miles of driving then I got the TPMS light come on the dash. I shut FFT car when I got work and 9 hrs later he start car and light still on. 89 miles n car today and still TPMS light on dash. I checked the tire psi screen and no psi readings displayed on any tire. WTF?

I contacted seller and waiting to hear back.

Bigred911s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Big Red
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
After 89 miles of driving they finally learned and are working as advertised. So in my case it wasn't within a few minutes. I highly recommend the Ford OEM TPMS from Amazon. No learing tool needed.

Bigred911s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Big Red
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Update guys. Again today after about 25 miles of driving my TPMS sensor dash light came on again. WTF? I went into learn mode by pressing ignition and pressing hazard light switch 3 times. Then starting with LF tire let air out waiting for horn to sound. Never did. So now I need to buy the cal tool or pay the dealer. Cheaper to buy the cal tool.

Don't buy these self learning OEM Ford TPMS sensors. Nothing but aggravation.

Sponsored

cyandhappiness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium PP
tag Chad11491 and MustangGuy and see what they did differently.

I went with the Ford kit and paid 135, it comes with a transmitter that I didn't even need to use.

I guess with what you paid on amazon you can buy 2 sets to see if it's a faulty set

Bigred911s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Big Red
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Guys the Amazon set TPMS35 doesn't work on my 2016 base GT. I even had a tech check them with the scan/learn tool and it wouldn't recognize them. I gave my vin to Levittown parts and going to order a set from them. Fck the Amazon set. I am taking them off and returning them for a refund. Should have went with Levittown first to avoid the aggravation.

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
No idea what's different. I used the same set on my 15 and 17. Sorry you're having trouble :(

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
The Amazon kit (TPMS35) worked perfectly in my 2016 GT and no tool was needed. I recommend going to Ford's parts site and input your car's VIN. It will show the appropriate part number. There are different sensors depending on build date and other factors even for the same model year.

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
The Amazon kit (TPMS35) worked perfectly in my 2016 GT and no tool was needed. I recommend going to Ford's parts site and input your car's VIN. It will show the appropriate part number. There are different sensors depending on build date and other factors even for the same model year.
Got a link for the Ford site that will display part numbers by VIN?

I’ve reached out for wheel/tire quotes on here and was never asked for VIN or build date info. I worry that I’ll be spending $2-$4k on a new set and have to jack in my he car up takes the wheels off and then have to either deal with return shipment or find a local shop to dismount the tires and then go through the headache of hopefully getting the correct sensors the second time around.

Sponsored

Bigred911s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Big Red
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I went Levittown put vin in and shows two part #'s for my s550. Waiting for Levittown to get back to me. Either I have a defective set or part # goes by vin.

Bigred911s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Big Red
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
What a joke. You put he vehicle vin in and it gives you three different TPMS part #'s for the 2016 S550. I'll wait to hear back from Benny at Levittown.

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Work with Bennie at levittown Ford. I buy my parts off of him at Levittown Ford. PM him here on the forum for prices. Very competitive.

Professional too. Good with finding the correct part number for your VIN.

I do NOT get a discount for saying this.

thanks

CVCashmere

Guys the Amazon set TPMS35 doesn't work on my 2016 base GT. I even had a tech check them with the scan/learn tool and it wouldn't recognize them. I gave my vin to Levittown parts and going to order a set from them. Fck the Amazon set. I am taking them off and returning them for a refund. Should have went with Levittown first to avoid the aggravation.

Bigred911s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Big Red
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Just shot him a PM. Thanks
Sponsored