Sponsored

Correct your speedometer error - no flash or tune required

Brazenbuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I'm having the exact same issues that you are. I also swapped out the 3.73s for 3.31s and the car goes into limp mode under load. It stays like that for ~10 seconds and then returns to normal. The worst part is that in limp mode the afr goes so lean that I'm getting misfires. It actually broke the electrode inside of one of my plugs and based on the resistance I'm seeing there is another that's almost broken. So you changed the BCM line 0726-12-01 to 014B-XXXX-XXXX and it didn't fix anything? I thought the plugs were my issue and didn't realize that the gear swap was causing this. My tuner, like yours, also said that there were no changes needed with the swap since the speed sensors handled the speedometer. Did you ever figure it out? I ordered new plugs and was just about to put them in and change the BCM to account for the gears and tire size but if that doesn't help anything then I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I really don't want to go back to the 3.73s or drop the rear end again for any reason actually. My brother's a master mechanic and also didn't believe there were no changes to be made after a gear swap. He said at the very least the new pinion ratio would need to be changed in the ABS module or settings (not sure where it's located without opening forscan). I guess that's where I'm going to start looking. Here's a pic of a nearly new plug that's been destroyed as a result:
My car didn't go lean and i'm stlll on the stock pump. I changed out the plugs and didn't have any damage. My car didn't have any issue changing the tire size in the BCM, but changing the axle ratio yields a consistent error.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Spart

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350

stingerbtry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GTP PP
Haven't tried that fuse though. I'd really like to be able to just street this thing without any workarounds.

OP
OP
Spart

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Haven't tried that fuse though. I'd really like to be able to just street this thing without any workarounds.
No I get it, just trying to get a clearer picture of what's going on.

stingerbtry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No I get it, just trying to get a clearer picture of what's going on.
I actually haven't done the crank relearn yet so I'm hoping that sorts it. You've been an amazing src of help btw so thanks for that. I followed what you said and flashed to stock, ran the relearn, cleared the p160A and then got the 422. My tuner just got back to me and said that he can fix it with the tune so hopefully I'll be good to go soon.

Sponsored

Elit3Sally

Silver State Mustangs
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Supercharged
***ISSUE SOLVED*** There is a SMALL round Toner Ring ( google has no pics nor does ford) It is a super small flat ring with 3 pegs that sits on the half shaft between the Hub bearing assembly. No documentation it, ford dealer could not even find the issue. After comparing the left to right side and looking at the FORscan DTC codes we found the driver side didn't have the ring. It broke off, so the issue was the computer reading the passenger side but not the driver causing a error.

stingerbtry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
***ISSUE SOLVED*** There is a SMALL round Toner Ring ( google has no pics nor does ford) It is a super small flat ring with 3 pegs that sits on the half shaft between the Hub bearing assembly. No documentation it, ford dealer could not even find the issue. After comparing the left to right side and looking at the FORscan DTC codes we found the driver side didn't have the ring. It broke off, so the issue was the computer reading the passenger side but not the driver causing a error.
Nice, glad you sorted it out! For my issues with drivability and the U0422 code, I followed the instructions here 3-4 times flashing back to stock each time to run the re-learn and no matter what the code always came back. I finally fixed it by NOT flashing back to stock before doing the relearn. It's been quite a while now and the U0422 hasn't returned and the car drives normally. [MENTION=13077]Brazenbuck[/MENTION] , you may want to give that a try. So basically I changed the gear ratio in forscan and ran the relearn instead of forscan change, flash back to stock (like this thread and the forscan warning tell you to do) and then relearn. Not sure if it will work for everyone but that's what worked for me. I had originally thought that maybe the tire size change was the main culprit but I had the same issues with and without that change. Now I just have a P115E - Throttle Actuator Control Throttle Body Air Flow Trim at Max Limit. It hasn't thrown any check engine lights but does show up in forscan. I've thoroughly cleaned the throttle body twice, off the car, but this code seems to persist. I can't imagine it's actually a bad TB since it's not even a year old yet. Anyone have this under similar circumstances and figure it out?

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 17 GT350, 19 GT, 65 coupe, 13 F-150, 14 Porsche Panamera eHybrid
Good to know info for when I get new tires.

JackBauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic base GT 6SP
so i got the tires updated based on your excel sheet and it seems pretty spot on both cruise/analog gauge vs waze gps (i know, not the most accurate, dont' have access to some sort of real gps)

however when i went into engineering mode it was still off by about 2mph or so (68mph vs 70mph at waze) - could this be because engineering mode pulls a different profile or something?

base GT went from the 18x8 235/50 to 20x10 305/35 in the rear.

OP
OP
Spart

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
so i got the tires updated based on your excel sheet and it seems pretty spot on both cruise/analog gauge vs waze gps (i know, not the most accurate, dont' have access to some sort of real gps)

however when i went into engineering mode it was still off by about 2mph or so (68mph vs 70mph at waze) - could this be because engineering mode pulls a different profile or something?

base GT went from the 18x8 235/50 to 20x10 305/35 in the rear.
From everything I've read, the engineering mode speedo is always off.

It might be doing a calculation based on the ABS wheel speed sensors rather than the sensor in the transmission. Who knows.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Spart

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Hi

Sorry if this question has already been answered.
Does this work with the 2018 PP1?

//M
PP1 wouldn't matter, but I haven't heard back from a 2018 owner yet. I know that at least in some modules, the as-built has changed. If your as-built at that address in FORScan looks way off, it might have moved to a new position.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
PP1 wouldn't matter, but I haven't heard back from a 2018 owner yet. I know that at least in some modules, the as-built has changed. If your as-built at that address in FORScan looks way off, it might have moved to a new position.
Hi

Do you perhaps have any updates on this?

Or anyone with an 18 who has tried this?

OP
OP
Spart

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Hi

Do you perhaps have any updates on this?

Or anyone with an 18 who has tried this?
Nope, don't own an 18. We need someone to be a guinea pig. Maybe you?

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Nope, don't own an 18. We need someone to be a guinea pig. Maybe you?
I don't have a dongle would need to buy one in that case also my car is a Euro spec-model not sure if that matters!
Sponsored