Sponsored

O2 Sensor HELP

Rodsaleen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT
I'm installing my ARH LT headers on my '18 and from the few guys I've seen install headers I believe one set was Kooks and the other was Texas Speed they were able to stretch their O2 sensors to make them work. I tried stretching the drivers side harness and I'm still about 8" short and the passenger is just a NO go. Since there aren't any O2 extenders out for the '18s I'm looking for any and all suggestions to get my O2 sensors to reach. I thought about splicing the O2 sensors to add length but that doesn't seem like a good idea. HELP!!!!
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I'm installing my ARH LT headers on my '18 and from the few guys I've seen install headers I believe one set was Kooks and the other was Texas Speed they were able to stretch their O2 sensors to make them work. I tried stretching the drivers side harness and I'm still about 8" short and the passenger is just a NO go. Since there aren't any O2 extenders out for the '18s I'm looking for any and all suggestions to get my O2 sensors to reach. I thought about splicing the O2 sensors to add length but that doesn't seem like a good idea. HELP!!!!
Contact ARH perhaps?

OP
OP
Rodsaleen

Rodsaleen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Contact ARH perhaps?
That's the plan but I'm stuck in a case for a little while and won't be able to call until later.

fastblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 auto 5.0
That's the plan but I'm stuck in a case for a little while and won't be able to call until later.
I was on the same boat as you i installed a set of mbrp long tube headers and the plugs inside the package was for 2015-2017 5.0 , i ended up adding my own extension to the existing harness and is working just fine but i did send cj pony an email on how piss off i was that they are advertising an item as a direct replacement and mention nothing on the o2 sensor plug issue , see the response below directly form cj pony .

Hello Leo,

Jon is out of the office right now and he asked me to contact you on this. I did contact the manufacturer of this header kit about the oxygen sensor issue you are having. They got back to me about this. They stated the following.

“2018 Mustang GT does not require the 02 sensor extensions from our kit. The stock extensions are located underneath the transmission. Customer can relocate stock harness wire to attach the 02 sensors and doesn’t require MBRP 02 extensions to connect to the headers.”

Have you tried using your factory harness without the extensions? Feel free to contact MBRP’s tech line if you would like more information on this. Here is a link to their contact information. https://mbrpautomotive.com/?page=contactus Feel free to email me as well if you have further questions.

OP
OP
Rodsaleen

Rodsaleen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was on the same boat as you i installed a set of mbrp long tube headers and the plugs inside the package was for 2015-2017 5.0 , i ended up adding my own extension to the existing harness and is working just fine but i did send cj pony an email on how piss off i was that they are advertising an item as a direct replacement and mention nothing on the o2 sensor plug issue , see the response below directly form cj pony .

Hello Leo,

Jon is out of the office right now and he asked me to contact you on this. I did contact the manufacturer of this header kit about the oxygen sensor issue you are having. They got back to me about this. They stated the following.

“2018 Mustang GT does not require the 02 sensor extensions from our kit. The stock extensions are located underneath the transmission. Customer can relocate stock harness wire to attach the 02 sensors and doesn’t require MBRP 02 extensions to connect to the headers.”

Have you tried using your factory harness without the extensions? Feel free to contact MBRP’s tech line if you would like more information on this. Here is a link to their contact information. https://mbrpautomotive.com/?page=contactus Feel free to email me as well if you have further questions.

Relocate the harness....yea I'm calling BS on that. Did you just splice into the harness to make it long enough? I considered doing this but doing it to the O2 senosor because I figured if it doesn't work it's cheaper to buy a new O2 sensor than replacing an entire harness.

Sponsored

fastblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 auto 5.0
Relocate the harness....yea I'm calling BS on that. Did you just splice into the harness to make it long enough? I considered doing this but doing it to the O2 senosor because I figured if it doesn't work it's cheaper to buy a new O2 sensor than replacing an entire harness.
i did spliced both harness and soldered it with tin it is working fine but just in case they go bad i ordered a set of o2 sensor with harness from Koons ford parts www.koonsfordparts.com

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
Never extend or solder on an o2 sensor's wiring. Only extend from the harness side. The o2 sensor uses a specific resistance and wiring for fresh air calibration. This is thrown off when you add wiring.
Sponsored