R owners question

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Since my car is damaged I will most likely sell it after I get it fixed. Insurance is also going to pay the loss in value of the vehicle. I'm thinking I'll dump the car now while the value isn't as low. That leads me to ground zero...yet again... on finding another 350. If I'm going to put in the effort to get one again I might as well go straight to the top. So R owners, can y'all possibly give me any leads as to where I can get a R at a reasonable price? I know it's a long shot but any help would be so greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Since my car is damaged I will most likely sell it after I get it fixed. Insurance is also going to pay the loss in value of the vehicle. I'm thinking I'll dump the car now while the value isn't as low. That leads me to ground zero...yet again... on finding another 350. If I'm going to put in the effort to get one again I might as well go straight to the top. So R owners, can y'all possibly give me any leads as to where I can get a R at a reasonable price? I know it's a long shot but any help would be so greatly appreciated.
Pm me please. What is your idea of reasonable?

CanadianHorseMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
I have an R, I'd also like to know what reasonable is? lol, just for interest. I be selling though. haha

OP
OP
enzo101

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Lol I know I'm going to get laughed out of the forum for this answer. I'm looking at msrp-10k over

CanadianHorseMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
10k over USD. From what I've read, that's not possible unless your like Jay Leno or something.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Lol I know I'm going to get laughed out of the forum for this answer. I'm looking at msrp-10k over
Most (if not all) of the R allocations are spoken for. I think it would be very difficult to get one at this point. The music has stopped and everyone has their chair.

If it has to be a 17, call around and make an agreement and get put on a waitlist. People do back out of things.

Pricewise, my rule of thumb for R's was.....

MSRP is almost impossible
MSRP to 5K is extremely difficult (probably going to have to know someone)
5K - 10K is a great deal
15K and you did OK
20K range more common
30K range for high $$ markets and dealers who are dreaming

The supply and demand situation is shifting the scale closer towards the bottom because most allocations are spoken for.

I just recently saw a used '16 R sell on ebay for 82K. If my math is correct, that is a 15K ADM equivalent for a USED CAR.

Another example.....I was recently in London for a long weekend (no, not Canada) and I checked my voicemail. A local dealer where I had my name on a waiting list had an allocation that somebody backed out of. He thought he was doing me a favor at 20K ADM. I told him that I already have an allocation for 10K waiting to be built. I don't think he liked that very much.... :lol:

So my point is not to turn this into an ADM thread, but to highlight the supply and demand side of it this late in the game. Never give up. Instead of watching TV or drinking beer, pull up the ford inventory site and start working your way around the country to see what deal you can make.

You'd be surprised what you might find ;)

Oh, and you've got mail.....

CanadianHorseMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Exactly Tom,

I'm in Canada and I called every dealership across the country to get my R. I found one willing to sell at MSRP, but I was literally 1 day late! Sold the night before. I wound up paying ~$6400 USD over MSRP. But there was a situation around that and the dealer came down considerably because of it...no need for details. But lets say, even that markup is uncommon in Canada...it's very rare and most is what you stated above. 25k-40k CAD over MSRP.

FTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R
Good luck!

I don't know exactly what the market is like anymore, but I bet Tomster is correct. I've been offered $75k-$90k for mine at events along the east coast.

Hermz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
350R
I bought mine used and still paid a "markup" for it. I feel that I got a good deal considering what I have see other used models go for. That and I did not have to do any of the legwork, waiting, ect.... I don't regret it one bit. You might be able to squeeze a deal (relative) out of a 350r owner with uncertainty around a 2018 model year. Even though most of us are 99% sure there will not be a 2018 run.

BSheppard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Orange, Tech package, black stripes
Just a point of reference, local dealer sold their 2017 for $20k over. Said it was a "valued" customer.

My thought was, at $20k over I bet you do value him....

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Not sure if i'm going to get another gt350R if the gt500 is coming for '18. I put a 2k deposit (10k over) in already and the dealer just mentioned the rep told them it was "on top of the pile", so it could be made yet this year. I told the dealer i'm not really wanting it this year, we'll see what happens.

OP
OP
enzo101

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
So after calling over 50 dealers heres a list of some of the more interesting conversations

1. What do you mean by allocation, what is that?
2. $50,000 over MSRP. Give you a hint, that dealer is in Vegas.
3. We are offering it for JUST $95,000. It's quite a deal.
4. We can't put you on a list, we don't do that. It is basically first come first serve. "What if I put a deposit down and want to order it?" We don't order cars for customers.
5. I have two available. Would you like us to put your name on it? "Yeah what's the price!?" Our 350Rs start at $110,000.
6. They aren't making them for 2017.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
2. $50,000 over MSRP. Give you a hint, that dealer is in Vegas.
Maybe you were speaking personally to "Mustang" Manny, skeeze extraordinaire.

The rest of the comments are sadly par for dealers that are used to selling $20-30k Focuses and Fusions all day long.

OP
OP
enzo101

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Maybe you were speaking personally to "Mustang" Manny, skeeze extraordinaire.
Hahahaha! You got the dealer right! No some dude answered and told me that so i hung up.
Sponsored