Sponsored

Question to convertible owners

friendgr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is well known that the build quality is not the best possible. Some things are unacceptable.

So, what about the fabric roof? How reliable is it?

-water resistant (have you noticed any leaks during rain or washing the car? )
-noise when closed ? Is it acceptable or not?

Please share your experience :)

P.S. the local dealer does NOT provide test drive. They think that they sell an exotic, rare collectable item :mad:
Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
You'd better ask in general section since I think there are no convertibles in europe ATM :)

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
It is well known that the build quality is not the best possible. Some things are unacceptable.

So, what about the fabric roof? How reliable is it?

-water resistant (have you noticed any leaks during rain or washing the car? )
-noise when closed ? Is it acceptable or not?

Please share your experience :)

P.S. the local dealer does NOT provide test drive. They think that they sell an exotic, rare collectable item :mad:
We seriously need our own forum section. The fabric roof is excellent so far. Much better than last generation's. No leaks after dozens of powerful touchless car washes and a couple heavy storms. Noise is just OK, mainly road noise from the huge 19" wheels. Though I do have a slight rattle from the top left latch mechanism.

OP
OP

friendgr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We seriously need our own forum section. The fabric roof is excellent so far. Much better than last generation's. No leaks after dozens of powerful touchless car washes and a couple heavy storms. Noise is just OK, mainly road noise from the huge 19" wheels. Though I do have a slight rattle from the top left latch mechanism.

Thank you for the reply. When I visited a delear's store the other day i noticed that there is NO cover for the mechanisms (left/right) when the the roof is down. Is there any extra cover? or you have to install/uninstall covers manually?

Sponsored

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
Thank you for the reply. When I visited a delear's store the other day i noticed that there is NO cover for the mechanisms (left/right) when the the roof is down. Is there any extra cover? or you have to install/uninstall covers manually?
Covers come with the convertible. You just have to manually put them on yourself.

OP
OP

friendgr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Manually covers?? in 2015 model ?? :thumbdown:

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Manually covers?? in 2015 model ?? :thumbdown:
Yup, an utterly useless item that in every day use you will never install.

But at least they have changed the design to somerhing elegant now. The stack of the roof in open position on the previous generation looked really awful and with the huge cover they provided even worse.

Personally I think the new generation roof is an improvement in terms of design (central lock instead of left/right) but I hate the fact that they are now only available with this annoying cloth material. This stuff gets really dirty and you will get these white stripes in the cloth that never come out. With previous generations you could also get the roof in vinyl which is much more durable and stays nice.

OP
OP

friendgr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In fact there are many old fashion things which are standard for EU models.
It seems that Americans doesn't care for really modern establishments.

OP
OP

friendgr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are there separated switches for the rear windows?
Sponsored