Dealership scam alert

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Just an FYI...the air you're breathing at this moment is @ 78% nitrogen. Those that think another 22% is going to make a difference are fooling themselves. Just a way to pad the bill.
I told that to the idiot shop salesman at Nissan when he was trying to get an old lady to buy it. He looks at me and said" Uh, I don't think so! You'd be dead if you breathed 78% Nitrogen!"

These guys have no idea what they are selling

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
I told that to the idiot shop salesman at Nissan when he was trying to get an old lady to buy it. He looks at me and said" Uh, I don't think so! You'd be dead if you breathed 78% Nitrogen!"

These guys have no idea what they are selling
To be fair... nearly everyone that breathes 78% N2 has died...

bstreet5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Street
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem OF (on order)

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
lol...hard to argue those numbers!
Literally every single person that has or will ever touch H2O has died or will die. Ban H2O.

JR

Sponsored

hawkbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Premium PP
added bs option visible "packing" in your deal.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Kevin08...you'll never have to pay it if your car never arrives...you're safe.
:lol:

My order actually had some movement last week (finally). It's on a train and passing through Kentucky today, should be here between 2/26-3/2 according to the ford performance chat rep.

About time

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Both of my comparison psi tests were cold psi! So yes i lost 6psi of nitrogen in 2.5 months...
If you set the pressures at 80 degrees, and then check them again when it's 40 degrees, you'll see a dramatic PSI drop. It doesn't mean you've lost any nitrogen or air.

Think about it; a loss of 6 PSI at a given temperature would mean you have a leak somewhere. Would it make sense that you have a leak at all four wheels, that is leaking at the exact same rate?

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
PP cars don't.
Both of my Track Pack/Performance Pack cars had/have them. Green stem caps that denote Nitrogen.

I make sure they go back on when tires are replaced.

OP
OP
seth21w

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
Both times i checked it was around 70 degrees and the tires had been sitting over night, the special nitrogen package does nothing more than air does there is still 3 to 4 psi difference from cold to hot. And nitrogen doesnt last any longer, meaning the tires naturally lose psi over time! Its simply a scam to sell air

Sponsored

ronemca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 P/EB w PP
<snip> a 2 months after purchase my tires were at 29psi so i lost 6psi.
Not trying to poke you in the eye (I completely agree about refusing to pay for N) but in reading the thread, a thought occurred to me:

Did you measure the inflation pressure at delivery? With your own gauge? (or are you taking the PDI document at face value?)

Just wondering.

OP
OP
seth21w

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
Not trying to poke you in the eye (I completely agree about refusing to pay for N) but in reading the thread, a thought occurred to me:

Did you measure the inflation pressure at delivery? With your own gauge? (or are you taking the PDI document at face value?)

Just wondering.
Yes i checked it the first morning that i had it home with a manual guage.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
The dealer told me that my car already had nitrogen, and that I should come back to get it topped off. I just smiled and said, "Sure, ok". When it finally needed topping off, I fired up my compressor.

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Both of my comparison psi tests were cold psi! So yes i lost 6psi of nitrogen in 2.5 months...
I think he meant colder temps in general, as in winter compared to spring/summer/fall, so cold temps for the tire might still be colder in winter, and I can confirm it does make a big difference in pressure. Also, the size of nitrogen molecules are bigger compared to other types of gas in air (mostly oxygen), so it would not escape as easy as just compressed air. Also, nitrogen doesn't expand as much as oxygen, I don't want to do the math here but you can look it up.

P.S. that's what math and chemistry tells us, in the real world I've seen people done testing on normal road cars and nitrogen doesn't improve the pressure change either due to time (escaped gas) or due to heat, and sometimes the data collected even shows that nitrogen behaves worse, but the difference are always within margin of error. So there's no real sense to fill your daily drive with nitrogen. Though on a race track it DOES make a difference, and I've tested it myself first hand.
Sponsored