GT500 wishlist

2nazty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500 & 2008 GT/CS Shelby clone
The GT350 is going to be a 2019 MY car. They say the GT500 is going to be a 2020 MY car coming in Calendar year 2019. So, it will be produced and brought to market later in 2019 (6/1/19 start production). All I know is what Gotti said and he said the GT350 will run for 2019. Could run side by side I suppose, somehow, but I don't think so. It was said by mark schaller, that the GT500 would be here in YEAR 2019 but didn't say if it was as a 2019 MY or a 2020 MY car. Gary patterson says in his video - venom kills demons -, "coming in 2020."
Price of the GT350 would be the only problem offering them at the same time. The GT350 is a sucessor to the Boss 302, not the GT500, Ford offered the Boss 302 cars concurrently with the GT500 so no reason they couldnt now except if the price is so close it caused canabalization of sales. Frankly they need both models in the line up priced competitively versus the competition with superior capabilities and specs.

If there is only one variant of the GT500, I expect it to come in at 850Hp, if there are 2 variants scheduled, the regular model should exceed the revised hellcat by 50hp, that should be easy enough to do as I know for a fact there wasnt that much left in that engine (the demon's engine is actually the pre-certified hellcat engine) reliability is the main reason why they scaled output back to 707hp, it may jump to 750 or so in 2019/2020

the second version, hopefully wearing the king of the road name again, should exceed the Demon's hp easily. Once again I am familiar with FCA's meager engineering budget, they simply do not have the money to keep investing heavily in powertrain development (in fact the hellcat was cancelled for quite awhile during bankruptcy and fiat initially taking over) so it should be easy to relegate Dodge to a has been company where they belong

this KR should definitly put the Demon on the trailer, and put the performance world on its ear
Sponsored

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
If this is true (I have no reason to doubt your source but, you know.......) and if the next-gen Mustang really IS still on for the '21MY, that could mean a single model year for the GT500.
Didn’t someone said (I think it was Farruko) that the “refresh” (or New Gen) mustang was pushed back one year to make it 22MY? That would explain the GT500 being 2020MY and a 2 year run.
The GT350 is going to be a 2019 MY car. They say the GT500 is going to be a 2020 MY car coming in Calendar year 2019. So, it will be produced and brought to market later in 2019 (6/1/19 start production).
Aww man! We will need to wait until June the 1st?
If there is only one variant of the GT500, I expect it to come in at 850Hp, if there are 2 variants scheduled, the regular model should exceed the revised hellcat by 50hp, that should be easy enough to do as I know for a fact there wasnt that much left in that engine (the demon's engine is actually the pre-certified hellcat engine) reliability is the main reason why they scaled output back to 707hp, it may jump to 750 or so in 2019/2020
They already said that the GT500 will be “700+HP” (some people says there will be in the low 700’s, and others talk about 750ish HP), It won’t be over 800HP that’s for sure.
Demon engine being a pre-certified Hellcat Engine? Where are you taking this info from?
The Hellcat supercharger it’s a 2.4L IHI compared to the 2.7L IHI Demon’s supercharger. Also, the Demon has different pistons, connecting rods, crankchaft, valvetrain, camshaft, etc…. basically the only thing they share in common is the heads and Block (and the block isn’t completely the same either). Maybe the only reason they scaled output back to 707HP was because of “$ome other thing$$$$$$”, changing around 100 parts for the engine.
the second version, hopefully wearing the king of the road name again, should exceed the Demon's hp easily. Once again I am familiar with FCA's meager engineering budget, they simply do not have the money to keep investing heavily in powertrain development (in fact the hellcat was cancelled for quite awhile during bankruptcy and fiat initially taking over) so it should be easy to relegate Dodge to a has been company where they belong
this KR should definitly put the Demon on the trailer, and put the performance world on its ear
Some people say that it will be GT500R not GT500KR and other people say otherwise. IMHO the “R” version would make more sense since Ford wants the new GT500 to be a roadcourse/track focused car, following the same recipe the GT350 was but with more power. There is no information about the GT500R/GT500KR horsepower but in case it’s the prior I don’t see a HP increase over the “base” GT500. We NEED to remember that the GT500 focus will not be to go against the Demon (or even the Hellcat), the GT500 rival will be the ZL1 and ZL1 1LE. It WON'T be a 850+ ¼ of mile car.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
no, executives and friends of ford wait until June 2019.
most John Doe's wait until year 2020 and beyond.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
If there is only one variant of the GT500, I expect it to come in at 850Hp,
Good fvcking luck. 850 horsepower at 7500 RPM is a pubic hair away from 600lb ft. Or 635lb ft at 7000 RPM. Never happening from 5.2 liters of displacement from an OEM in this day and age, even with a supercharger.

Keep smokin' the good stuff. We'll be over here in reality.

Sponsored

2nazty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
They already said that the GT500 will be “700+HP” (some people says there will be in the low 700’s said:
- I get this information from the fact I was part of the team that launched it, where do you get your info from?.....whatever they do to a particular engine to try and shore it up for longevity sake after the fact doesnt require re-engineering, I suggest you re-check your facts because suppliers such as Mahle do the development on internal components, the block while it is an FCA item, is not appreciably diffrent than when I worked on the original program, the blower? big whoop, ask IHI for a revised blower (especially after the failures we had experienced with blower longevity during development of the hellcat) and as for Ford listing 700+HP, do you recall what the hellcat was advertised as at this point prior to its release? it was listed as 600+Hp.......also incase you may not be aware, due to a legal dispute over the name, it was for a long time going to be called the "supercharger challenger" LOL how lame is that? instead of the cat badge it only had a badge on the fender that said "supercharger" and SRT widely circulated internal emails that none of us were to refer to it as the hellcat anymore....I suggested "Super Bee" but obviously they eventually caved in and bought the rights to the name

Trust me FCA doesnt have the financial resources to do any serious powertrain development

The friends I have within Ford assure me the bar is set alot higher than just trumping the ZL1 (and yes I have worked for Ford as managment in the past as well so I know the right people to ask,albeit they will not give out any specifics as to exact numbers for obvious reasons)

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
- I get this information from the fact I was part of the team that launched it, where do you get your info from?.....whatever they do to a particular engine to try and shore it up for longevity sake after the fact doesnt require re-engineering, I suggest you re-check your facts because suppliers such as Mahle do the development on internal components, the block while it is an FCA item, is not appreciably diffrent than when I worked on the original program, the blower? big whoop, ask IHI for a revised blower (especially after the failures we had experienced with blower longevity during development of the hellcat)

Trust me FCA doesnt have the financial resources to do any serious powertrain development
I get your point, but as far as I remember the main reason they went to "only" 707HP was because of $$$$. The "new" parts were already "considered" but decided to through a different path (taking advantage that engine "longevity" was also aligned with this decision) and leave all these prior equipment for a little later (hence the Demon).

The "revised" Hellcat will receive some "carryover" parts from the Demon, however they will not match the HP with it's Halo Car (as some suggested in other forums).

-The friends I have within Ford assure me the bar is set alot higher than just trumping the ZL1 (and yes I have worked for Ford as managment in the past as well so I know the right people to ask,albeit they will not give out any specifics as to exact numbers for obvious reasons)
For sure the bar is set a lot higher than just trumping the ZL1, however we need to keep it real, the GT500 WILL NOT be a 1/4 mile focused 800+HP "Demon Slayer". I mean, of course it needs to be fast in straight line (and my forecast is that it will be matching the 808HP "not race fuel-Demon" in the streets), however that won't be the focus since it will be a track oriented car.

2nazty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
I get your point, but as far as I remember the main reason they went to "only" 707HP was because of $$$$. The "new" parts were already "considered" but decided to through a different path (taking advantage that engine "longevity" was also aligned with this decision) and leave all these prior equipment for a little later (hence the Demon).
This is what I was referring to when I mentioned that the Demon has the "pre-certification" Demon engine, it has parts that did not make it to the original release of the hellcat, and yes some components were re-spec'd out to the supplier to give the Demon version greater reliabiility so it would be less likely to fail under warrenty but essentially what they got is what was originally developed for the hellcat.

The "revised" Hellcat will receive some "carryover" parts from the Demon, however they will not match the HP with it's Halo Car (as some suggested in other forums).
I agree it wont get 808/840hp, I speculate more likely to be 750-780Hp, but I currently have no insider info as I havent spoken with my former collegues in Auburn Hills for awhile

For sure the bar is set a lot higher than just trumping the ZL1, however we need to keep it real, the GT500 WILL NOT be a 1/4 mile focused 800+HP "Demon Slayer". I mean, of course it needs to be fast in straight line (and my forecast is that it will be matching the 808HP "not race fuel-Demon" in the streets), however that won't be the focus since it will be a track oriented car.
I believe the aim was to develop a well rounded car, great at the track and the drag strip, although I think the GT350 serves the track car market adequately and could be updated to keep it relevant in the segment. it would have been sensational if they had stuck with the twin turbo set up, Im very disapointed they did not, but on the flip side I'm glad they didnt axe the program all together, product direction tends to flip flop with upper management, so the ousting of Fields could have killed the program, thankfully it was likely too far along to cancel without re-couping the engineering costs......now if we could only get a hot version of the upcomming 7.0L DOHC for a new Boss 429 :ford:

2nazty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
Good fvcking luck. 850 horsepower at 7500 RPM is a pubic hair away from 600lb ft. Or 635lb ft at 7000 RPM. Never happening from 5.2 liters of displacement from an OEM in this day and age, even with a supercharger.

Keep smokin' the good stuff. We'll be over here in reality.
LOL you and everyone and their brother are quick to discount what can and cannot be done from only 5.2L of displacement....have a bit more faith in the Ford ICE program engineers, more often than not the accountants reign in what they deliver to the public, not a lack of their capabilities

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
The engine isn't (or wasn't during development) the limiting factor. The weak link lies elsewhere, hence why you won't see the numbers beyond what Ford hinted at.

Sponsored

2nazty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
The engine isn't (or wasn't during development) the limiting factor. The weak link lies elsewhere, hence why you won't see the numbers beyond what Ford hinted at.
Where does the weak link lie? are you privy to some infomation beyond the rest of us or are you speculating?

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Plus, older guys like myself (28, for a college that's older) could use any leg up we can get with college girls.
You don't need a muscle car to pull college girls. You need a personality that doesn't think you need a muscle car to pull college girls.. to pull any woman.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
yep, I'd stick to the girls that aren't in college at age 28.
Join some local groups/volunteers and just let your true self be seen/heard. besides, you don't want a girl that is attracted to superficial - stuff - but to you - inside
those are the relationships that last

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Where does the weak link lie? are you privy to some infomation beyond the rest of us or are you speculating?
Exactly what you pointed at with the bean counters. Every little detail from even changing a screw takes way too many man hours to pass the cost process. The engineers will get what they get. So no, you will most likely not see 850 hp with what they're given to work with. Obviously anything is possible...with enough money (P1, 918, GT2 RS, and so on and so forth). I don't know about anyone else but I'm not looking forward to an $85,000 Mustang from the OEM.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
yep, I'd stick to the girls that aren't in college at age 28.
Join some local groups/volunteers and just let your true self be seen/heard. besides, you don't want a girl that is attracted to superficial - stuff - but to you - inside
those are the relationships that last
I just turned 31. Apparently a bunch of people at the club thought i was turning 21... :doh: So I'm screwed lol. Oh well, guess I'm off to the land of no commitment.
Sponsored