Sponsored

GT350 Rep Parts, has anyone fitted any?

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
WHAT???? Really??

Surely there are some rear ended GT350’s in the states that are at the breakers? I’ve seen a Black very S550 at a show that claimed to have a genuine GT350 front end?
the 350 has a lower nose than ours (same height as the 18's but with a first gen style front on it) now if you had an 18 and wanted to go 350 it'd probably be slightly cheaper but for our versions there's a lot of parts you need not just the external panels.
Sponsored

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
the 350 has a lower nose than ours (same height as the 18's but with a first gen style front on it) now if you had an 18 and wanted to go 350 it'd probably be slightly cheaper but for our versions there's a lot of parts you need not just the external panels.
Well, all I can say is thanks!! You learn something every day!! So, are you saying the front panel thing that holds the rad and lights is different?

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Well, all I can say is thanks!! You learn something every day!! So, are you saying the front panel thing that holds the rad and lights is different?
location of crash mounts, inner wings, crash/rad bar, light mounts and something else are all different. there was a thread about it somewhere in the yank section that listed all the part numbers you'd need

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mac has done it and was it one of the steves did the 350 front wings?

i think most of them are all from the same oem but just rebranded you can usually tell who's is who's and which generation it is by the front splitter on them.

so if you look at a proper lower front splitter you can see its all one piece.

GT350R-Motion-103-876x535.jpg

and if you look at theirs its split into 3 separate pieces

s372445991682402034_p1138_i2_w1498.jpg

i think mr bodykit is doing possibly the closest replica at the moment.

AC-FB15FDMU-GR-GF.jpg

but none of them have the front splitter coming out quite far enough in the outer corners if you look closely.
I can’t put my finger on it, but that front end just doesn’t look right?? It seems too narrow on the lower lip?

Sponsored

OP
OP
tweedbean

tweedbean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Two MINI's but looking for a Mustang
One thing to remember James is that the GT350 bumper you’re looking at here is designed to fit a non GT350 S550. If you are looking to go the whole hog and get the full GT350 look you will need special front wings and bonnet to suit your bumper. It may be cheaper and neater to import genuineGT350 parts and go the whole hog. I would certainly be interested in going halves on shipping for two sets.

Doesn’t Mac have genuine GT350 parts on his beast?
Yeah done lots of research into this and like said genuine parts would need a lot of parts to fit bumping up the price. The company that supplies that rep bumper in the UK also make the rep wings, fenders etc all to fit a GT.

Mac runs the replica bumper from ikon and it needed work to fit, which you would expect from most aftermarket parts. Looking at lots of different front end options including RTR, Roush etc but all research for now as I wont be changing the car straight away as I want to live with it first, get to know what I like, what I dont etc.

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mac runs the replica bumper from ikon and it needed work to fit
Mac has the Mr Bodykit front.

I am very wary of these fibreglass panels. As some of you will know, I bought a Rocket bunny replica kit for the GT86 which did not fit well at all. So, I reshaped it all and made my own moulds.. now there are a couple of cars around with my bodykit on them. My kit fits like a glove.

Maybe I should do the same with the Mustang parts?

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Mac has the Mr Bodykit front.

I am very wary of these fibreglass panels. As some of you will know, I bought a Rocket bunny replica kit for the GT86 which did not fit well at all. So, I reshaped it all and made my own moulds.. now there are a couple of cars around with my bodykit on them. My kit fits like a glove.

Maybe I should do the same with the Mustang parts?
if you could actually make a good quality gt350 style front and get that splitter right i'd definitely be interested.

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
if you could actually make a good quality gt350 style front and get that splitter right i'd definitely be interested.
Trouble is, it would all be GRP which is not flexible like the stock bumper.

A question regarding the front end?? I’ve looked closely at about 7 S550’s and have noticed the headlamps font align correctly with the wings? They all stick out on the left side but fit flush on the right?

Are all RHD S550’s the same?

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Trouble is, it would all be GRP which is not flexible like the stock bumper.

A question regarding the front end?? I’ve looked closely at about 7 S550’s and have noticed the headlamps font align correctly with the wings? They all stick out on the left side but fit flush on the right?

Are all RHD S550’s the same?
some do some don't i think its because rather than redesign RHD headlights they just fitted LHD ones and shimmed them out to point left rather than right :) but thats my best guess otherwise its just shitty workmanship :)

you could go injection moulded pp don't have to make them fibre glass
Sponsored