Sponsored

2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

supersnake94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Focus SE
With all the hurricanes and natural disasters, ford may not get this out before a massive co2/green house gas initiative gets under way. Where anything bigger than v6 gets the can.
Unless they they go the twin turbo route and if it can fit, PDI too. If Ford goes the TT route, it could help lower fuel consumption and emissions. Everyone is going TT these days for that reason.

Not that they are a concern in a halo performance car, but it could help Ford Performace stay in those regulation boundaries. It would also be awesome (maybe more from a marketing standpoint) to be the first 700hp car to be offered without a gas guzzler tax. Something FCA missed by a hair. Ford already did it with the 662 HP 2013 model.
Sponsored

hated

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 gt500
You guys realize that nothing is coming. Latest ford performance vehicle is the Australian market ranger raptor. Then probably a bronco performance suv in 20 or 21. I still think the next performance mustang will be a hybrid in 21 or 22.

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
What? You have seen the photos of fully camouflaged mules going around with 335 tires, right? Something is coming.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
You guys realize that nothing is coming. Latest ford performance vehicle is the Australian market ranger raptor. Then probably a bronco performance suv in 20 or 21. I still think the next performance mustang will be a hybrid in 21 or 22.
Sacrilege!!!

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I have a feeling Ford Performance is just waiting for the 2018 Mustang GT to go through the media review cycles before they drop the GT500 info. Why step on the hype train for the GT until everything is ready with the next Ford Performance Mustang? The GT350/GT350R interest hasn't died off so they are covered for now.

Trust me I want the next Ford Performance Mustang info now but there are valid business reasons why Ford is holding off. Now if the Detroit Auto show comes and goes without showing the car I'd be worried.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
They could drop the next halo 'stang the day before S650 production starts and they'll still sell each and every one of them.

hated

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 gt500
Mules running around for almost two years now. I remember when there where 04 mustang mules running around with v 10 engines supposedly for the all new 05 mustang. Hot rod magazine scooped the all new boss motor based on fords all new 6.2 engine for the 2010 update. You can go back to the beginning of mustang til the present and find mules with all sorts of things. Mules mean nothing other than they are testing something.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
What? You have seen the photos of fully camouflaged mules going around with 335 tires, right? Something is coming.
335's? I thought they were 325's. Ahhh....whats 1/8" wider... probably put down 1/2 more HP to the ground.
Hopefully there are some suspension upgrades to prevent wheel hop,this thing is gonna be spinning all over the damn place, even with 335's. When I get on my 300HP less car I spin and hop when getting on it with 325 glue tires. What the hell are they going to use to keep this thing planted.

Selo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Shelby GT500
Sure not.waiting around.for. Lots of.very nice cars out there that can be had for 70 or 80 grand, from Corvettes, to ZL ones, to Porsches and BMWs. No need to wait around for a hot rod Mustang.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0

Sponsored

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
I have a feeling Ford Performance is just waiting for the 2018 Mustang GT to go through the media review cycles before they drop the GT500 info. Why step on the hype train for the GT until everything is ready with the next Ford Performance Mustang? The GT350/GT350R interest hasn't died off so they are covered for now.

Trust me I want the next Ford Performance Mustang info now but there are valid business reasons why Ford is holding off. Now if the Detroit Auto show comes and goes without any showing the car I'd be worried.
Completely logical post. They know what they are doing. We only need to look back at the 2015 timeline for reference.

-drop 15 mustang
-drop 15 mustang 50th limited edition
-drop gt350

Spirit Of Fire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Faster Horse

Trust me I want the next Ford Performance Mustang info now but there are valid business reasons why Ford is holding off. Now if the Detroit Auto show comes and goes without any showing the car I'd be worried.
There is no hype train for the 2018 refresh, more like a hype bus or a hype SUV.

hated

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 gt500
That was a pet project for fun, zero intention of being a production vehicle.

http://www.mustangandfords.com/featured-vehicles/138-0402-boss-351-v10-mustang/
Your are making my point just because you see a mule with something cool powering it or a wide tire or it sounds turbocharged. It doesn't mean squat. It could be a fun project or testing something for a totally different platform. Until ford releases something everything else is a guess or an opinion.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
it was said elsewhere: What do you want out of the Gt500? To beat the ZL1 - L1E.

'you will be happy'
Hmmm, sounds like a hell of a track car to me.
Hopefully seperate packages can be ordered. Track or drag

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Your are making my point just because you see a mule with something cool powering it or a wide tire or it sounds turbocharged. It doesn't mean squat. It could be a fun project or testing something for a totally different platform. Until ford releases something everything else is a guess or an opinion.

That's what I've been saying since the beginning.
Sponsored