Sponsored

How did I get leather Recaros in my non-Premium 2015 GT?

mnm4ever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, MR2 Spyder, Sea Doo HX
I just joined the forum today. I got my 2015 GT on Halloween, its my first Mustang and I love it.

A local dealer told me they had an GT Premium with PP and Recaros in competition orange, which was exactly the car I wanted. I told my wife, and we went in the next morning to look at it.

As I spent more time on it, I realized it was not a Premium package, but a base GT... no toggles, no MyFordTouch. But it definitely has leather Recaros and the back seats are leather as well. To make a long story short, we bought it right then, got a great deal on it too, way cheaper than the GT Premium that was coming off the truck right then, and I am happy with the equipment level for the price I saved.

But I am really stumped on how my car ended up with leather seats. It isn't dealer-installed leather, they did not special order the car for anyone, its obvious the seats are factory Recaros, etc, and its clearly not a GT premium. Even the window sticker says "Recaro cloth seats" .

Anyone have any ideas? My best guess is a mistake at the factory??? Does that even happen anymore?
Sponsored

KARR_956

Magnetic Mania
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edson
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang v6
I just joined the forum today. I got my 2015 GT on Halloween, its my first Mustang and I love it.

A local dealer told me they had an GT Premium with PP and Recaros in competition orange, which was exactly the car I wanted. I told my wife, and we went in the next morning to look at it.

As I spent more time on it, I realized it was not a Premium package, but a base GT... no toggles, no MyFordTouch. But it definitely has leather Recaros and the back seats are leather as well. To make a long story short, we bought it right then, got a great deal on it too, way cheaper than the GT Premium that was coming off the truck right then, and I am happy with the equipment level for the price I saved.

But I am really stumped on how my car ended up with leather seats. It isn't dealer-installed leather, they did not special order the car for anyone, its obvious the seats are factory Recaros, etc, and its clearly not a GT premium. Even the window sticker says "Recaro cloth seats" .

Anyone have any ideas? My best guess is a mistake at the factory??? Does that even happen anymore?
It still happens. There's a picture around here of a manual GT with paddleshifters

dcrypter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
Yup, mistake at the factory. There is a whole thread on the forums for factory mess ups.

SynisterGT

Kooks + Corsa FTW!!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Mag/Redline
Wierd, can we get some some pics please.

OP
OP
mnm4ever

mnm4ever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Yes I will get some pics of the interior tomorrow. I am glad it happened, I didn't really want to spend the extra for the Premium package anyway, but I really wanted leather seats. I wasn't even planning to buy the car then, I was going to wait until later in the model year, but that car was my destiny! LOL

Sponsored

w0ss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB
I wonder how warranty would work on that if you ever had an issue on the seat. Ford would probably say it must have been purchased aftermarket and installed.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
I wonder how warranty would work on that if you ever had an issue on the seat. Ford would probably say it must have been purchased aftermarket and installed.
If it's on the build sheet, it's under warranty.

Can you post the decal from the window?

I really wonder what is possible...if you submit certain things and they build them anyway.

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Would love to see the window sticker on this one.

IndustryLeech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP, 2012 V6 'vert, '70 VW Bug, '01 Disco 2
Maybe the dealer was able to hack into the order database lol. It's like a COPO Chevy!

If the leather is on the window sticker you might have a rarity!

OP
OP
mnm4ever

mnm4ever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Here is the window sticker... says "Recaro cloth seats". I wonder too about warranty work on it, hopefully I won't have any problems with the seats!

Attachments

Sponsored

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Here is the window sticker... says "Recaro cloth seats". I wonder too about warranty work on it, hopefully I won't have any problems with the seats!
Factory freak. Nice.

draco24433

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang GT Premium
Hey, according to the window sticker, you do have the PP. Also, I believe that if you have the PP, you can also have the Recaros. Can anyone verify this? or am I missing something here?

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
Hey, according to the window sticker, you do have the PP. Also, I believe that if you have the PP, you can also have the Recaros. Can anyone verify this? or am I missing something here?
They are 2 totally different options, you can have one without the other. You can also have them both like in this case but a lot of people have been mistaken and thinking the Recaros come as part of the PP, but it does not....

OP
OP
mnm4ever

mnm4ever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Yes I wanted leather so I did luck out. That's why I bought this car from this dealer even though I an not thrilled with the process... Very old school, lots of hassles.

@draco - the point is I bought a non-premium GT but it has leather. Your only supposed to be able to get leather on the premium, even if you get the Recaros. Non-premiums come with cloth, either standard seats or recaro seats.
Sponsored