Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
I would have to say that it will be Real Carbon Fiber, but only a thin layer on the the Plastic Structure, similar to the Real Aluminum, which is a thin layer formed over the Plastic Structure.

Of course, they could also go the 100% Carbon route to Charge for and Make a Few Extra Bucks.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
That carbon sport interior package is stunning, not because of the carbon but because of the part alcantara seats, very nice indeed. Really hope EU/RHD cars get that interior option but we probably won't ! :(

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Some real cool images & info in there, fave has to be that Ruby Ecoboost with the silver 5x2 spoke wheels - that looks awesome!

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Are pricing and the online configurator normally released in conjunction with the order guides?

Sponsored

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
Carbon looks fake to me, save your money and have it wrapped with the 3m Carbon Fiber film, looks and feels like the real thing.

T-Bone68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT PP
I wonder if that trim is "real" carbon fiber.....looks good !

No mention about the 19" optional lightweight aluminum forged wheels for PP?

No mention of the "midnight blue" seat stitching option? hmmmmm :shrug:

I have that shift knob already and it really feels high quality. Been on the Ford Accessories web site for a couple years. The bottom edge is finished very cleanly, unlike the Ford Performance black shift ball that comes with a really rough cut opening on the bottom that you feel while shifting. This one one feels substantial/solid, where the original and FP ones feel cheap, light and crappy. I combined it with the Barton billet aluminum reverse lockout adapter and get a lot of positive comments. Just feels so much better holding on to more premium materials when you shift.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
That carbon sport interior package is stunning, not because of the carbon but because of the part alcantara seats, very nice indeed. Really hope EU/RHD cars get that interior option but we probably won't ! :(
I agree, too bad that it's probably going to be quite a premium to get "Ultra Suede". Alcantara has to go down in history as one of the biggest wins for marketing types of all time. Take a product invented in Japan and generally looked down upon (artificial suede), move production to Italy and give it a cool name...bingo.

1380KPOI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Poi Boy
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
When it comes to the Black Accent package, Ford is now forcing you to purchase the black painted roof unlike the previous years. The design of the black rims look good. Better than the 2017 version in my opinion

Sponsored

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
When it comes to the Black Accent package, Ford is now forcing you to purchase the black painted roof unlike the previous years. The design of the black rims look good. Better than the 2017 version in my opinion
Yea, I don't really get the black painted roof. It doesn't necessarily look bad in some colors, but I feel like it is trying to go for the look of a carbon fiber roof like an M3, but not really.

BluFlash5x8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 5.0 LX, 2012 GT500, 13' GT500, 13 & 14 5.0...
I'm not happy that there's no power ratings, even though Ford tends to overstate them, and be the ONLY manufacturer to rate its performance vehicles on 93 fuel,hence the over-rated power, when everyone else is rated at 91 fuel. So tobe realistic to the competition, deduct 10-12 hp & tq from the release numbers for real world comparison. Plus, with the added 45-60 lbs with new standard features, normally found on premium models, is Ford going for a heavy weight record? We want a lighter, more nimble car not a barge for boulevard cruising. And are the Dull, Dim DRL LED's going to be addressed at some point? The front of the car is so, lifeless. Nobody to date has made an effort to "brighten" this car's weakness, its dim Almost to skinny, tri-bar DRL's. I suspect Ford will be playing catch up with Camaro yet again, with 440 hp on 91 fuel. It is currently 425 hp. And 300 hp in ecostang. The weight increase will finally push a base mustang gt to 2009 GT500 weight, at 3825 lbs. My 2013 GT stick was 3622 lbs full fluids on the scale. Add me in and it was 3802 lbs. I wish Ford would focus on their customers and not waste billions of $$ on autonomous vehicles and Artificial Intelligence. This is the new world order coming to fruition.
Sponsored