Sponsored

Has anyone installed a keypad?

FISHTAIL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP
Obviously. Nobody is disputing that.
Not true. There were multiple comments earlier in the thread discussing how you wouldn't be able to lock the fob in the car.

I haven't. Not with a push button start. Ford parts counter said Ford doesn't make one applicable for those.
Could be. I haven't looked into it since I had my 2011, and I know folks were doing it then.
Sponsored

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
Obviously. Nobody is disputing that.

I haven't. Not with a push button start. Ford parts counter said Ford doesn't make one applicable for those.
Then they lied to you - my 2012 SHO had pushbutton start and a keypad as does my '14 Explorer Sport....from the factory. :frusty:

If there is a keypad you CAN lock your keys in the car either using the 7/8 method or just hitting the little black button (on sho/explorer) on the door handle - that's what its there for.

awmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP
Then they lied to you - my 2012 SHO had pushbutton start and a keypad as does my '14 Explorer Sport....from the factory. :frusty:

If there is a keypad you CAN lock your keys in the car either using the 7/8 method or just hitting the little black button (on sho/explorer) on the door handle - that's what its there for.
I think he means an aftermarket keypad with pushbutton start. And according to the Ford Parts website, those aftermarket keypads don't work with the keyless entry and start type fobs. Could Ford make one that worked? I'm sure they could, but it appears they have chosen not to.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Here's a thought for the running crowd. Take the fob with you, walk a small distance and hide the fob somewhere. Upon return collect said fob and go about your day.

OP
OP
Nomadic

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
Here's a thought for the running crowd. Take the fob with you, walk a small distance and hide the fob somewhere. Upon return collect said fob and go about your day.

Yes hiding is always an option. But I'm probably just keeping my car. Love having the thin cut key only to carry. If I get a Ford, will probably be a fusion sport if anything.
Sponsored