Sponsored

Super niche topic. Has anyone put wheel tape/rimstripes on their wheels?

clevernickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT, 2016 camaro ss (gfs), 2015 range rover sport, 2013 ford explorer, 2017 WRX
22inch-rim-red-tape-fitted-clear-border.jpg

Not the best picture but..all flaming aside, has anyone put these on? I've seen a few in my area on bmw and mercs, but I don't know anyone personally who has put these on. Would appreciate any advice on which ones to get, how well they hold up to road debris/wheel cleaners, and how best to install them. I know a lot have come with applicators, but 2/3 insatllation videos i've seen that had mistakes... Hardest part being it seems joining the tape to the start when it's done.
Sponsored

OP
OP
clevernickname

clevernickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT, 2016 camaro ss (gfs), 2015 range rover sport, 2013 ford explorer, 2017 WRX
Bump!

RoninRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Prem. (PP) Magnetic
Let me know if you install the red rim tape on the 350 wheels, also bought the 350s and am dying to know how good it will look on those babies.

vogtaction

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2015 premium ecoboost auto mustang
22inch-rim-red-tape-fitted-clear-border.jpg

Not the best picture but..all flaming aside, has anyone put these on? I've seen a few in my area on bmw and mercs, but I don't know anyone personally who has put these on. Would appreciate any advice on which ones to get, how well they hold up to road debris/wheel cleaners, and how best to install them. I know a lot have come with applicators, but 2/3 insatllation videos i've seen that had mistakes... Hardest part being it seems joining the tape to the start when it's done.
I did this last weekend with red pinstriping...
IMG_0133.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
clevernickname

clevernickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did this last weekend with red pinstriping...
My gf wants to do those on her car! How did you go about doing that, anything special?

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
When I was looking at new rims for my ruby red stang the ones with a red lip were really catching my eye, at the time it was just for browsing, won't need new rims until my tires wear out.

Never thought or knew about rim tape, interesting.

TC

vogtaction

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2015 premium ecoboost auto mustang
My gf wants to do those on her car! How did you go about doing that, anything special?
I just got regular automobile pin stripe from a friend of mine who manages an auto body shop locally. It was double striped so I had to take a razor blade and cut just one stripe out for 40 pieces. Just cleaned the wheels and stuck it on. Took me an hour per wheel though, LOL. Since I just did it recentyl I'm not sure how long its going to hold up. The good thing is I have the other side that I cut if I need to redo them.

BurnCycle

I drank what?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I just got regular automobile pin stripe from a friend of mine who manages an auto body shop locally. It was double striped so I had to take a razor blade and cut just one stripe out for 40 pieces. Just cleaned the wheels and stuck it on. Took me an hour per wheel though, LOL. Since I just did it recentyl I'm not sure how long its going to hold up. The good thing is I have the other side that I cut if I need to redo them.
It's a nice touch. Well done! :thumbsup:

Sponsored

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
I have done rim tape on my motorcycles. With the wheel off it takes me about 90 minutes per wheel, though that involves cleaning and striping both sides (see: motorcycle).

I like the effect on my bikes, and it adds some much-needed visibility as I use retroreflective tape. I'm less impressed by the lip stripes I've seen on car wheels thus far, though, but I could be swayed with the right application.

OP
OP
clevernickname

clevernickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking to buy these now. Where have you guys bought them?

Can I just buy from big worm so they'll match my pinstripes? Or do they have to be precurved or something. Not sure how that works. Want a WHOLE length of tape, I know some people get the precut ones but I feel I'll have more chances of it lifting if I get those.

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
I cleaned my rims with rubbing alcohol and used car pinstripe tape. Unfortunately I can not get resize the picture small enough to upload. :mad:

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Depending on what you're using, you could cheat and take a screenshot then upload that instead. Or a site like imgbb.

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
I have posted this pic before with no problems. Keep getting file to large error. I will email it to whoever is interested. Maybe they can post it. :cheers:
Sponsored