2018 Mustang Customization Guide

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Carbon sport package look like PP dash, thought it wasn't available as an option.. so hopefully it is.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
What I find rather obnoxious is that Ford only has the best safety in mind for their Premium buying customers.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
2018 Ecoboost Pony package wheels are the same wheels used on the 15-17 Ecoboost performance package just silver instead of black. I like them in silver. :thumbsup:

Tom C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible
This guide is redundant....same info and selection process as Build & Price, but without the price.

Dealers and their sales reps know very little about features and options of enthusiast-type vehicles like the Mustang. The vast majority of us, myself included, will have our new Mustangs spec'd out when we order. All the sales rep has to do is paperwork.

Last edited:

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
This guide is redundant....same info and selection process as Build & Price, but without the price.

Dealers and their sales reps know very little about features and options of enthusiast-type vehicles like the Mustang. The vast majority of us, myself included, will have our new Mustangs spec'd out when we order. All the sales rep has to do is paperwork.
I agree when I went to look at Mustangs I knew more about them than any of the sales reps. The sales reps didn't know a V6 from a GT. And when I went to order my car I already had her spec'd out.

Tom C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible
I agree when I went to look at Mustangs I knew more about them than any of the sales reps. The sales reps didn't know a V6 from a GT. And when I went to order my car I already had her spec'd out.
I presently own a black 2014 GT Premium rag top with silver Le Mans stripes. I was at the dealer recently and the sales manager complimented me on my 'beautiful GT500'.

I hope he makes that same mistake when I trade it in.

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang Ecoboost premium
According to this guide you can get the CF interior with the Premium Plus, but according to the build site you can't. Wonder which is correct. I would like the CF and the 201A.

eleanor5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MY
This is one of the most confusing guides what is with all the checkboxes just show me a list of each item in a package ie. 301A vs 400A.

Is the silver PP wheel gone now? Not shown.

Dinosoar

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dinosoarmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mustang GT (Track Car Only); 2019 Jetta GLI
Vehicle Showcase
Ford sucks sometimes. This ordering schema just blows! They originally advertised that there would be many wheel choices; this is not the case! You only get one or two choices within the model/trim you select. Also, many other options/packages require a more expensive package first. And can we get or not get the spoiler delete? This new revelation says convertibles only, yet the B&P function allows a coupe GT to delete the spoiler. As far as the PP Level 2, that'll be manual trans only...WTF??? Why give the fastest trim Mustang (save GT350) the slower trans? Just because Chevy is too dumb to put an optional auto in the 1LE Camaro doesn't mean Ford has to follow just to compete with it.

None of this even talks about the sky-rocketed prices Fords attached to all this. Is the new every-man's sports car really a 4-cylinder now? Oh, and that cool-as-hell 12" digital dash...only if you drop $50K!

Jesus Freaking Jones, Ford!!!! That Camaro SS or M240i is starting to sound great if I'm gonna have to drop $44K or more on a car.

Last edited:

Sponsored

pardoneo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ex-'16 Mustang EcoBaby // Current '16 GT Convertible

eleanor5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MY
If PP2 is better wheels and tires they are completely stupid for making that manual-trans only. That is probably wrong information.

Dinosoar

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dinosoarmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mustang GT (Track Car Only); 2019 Jetta GLI
Vehicle Showcase
Oh, I hope you're right that it is wrong info. You ARE right that it is stupid. I mean, is it really that hard to make it optional for either trans?

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Is the silver PP wheel gone now? Not shown.
The silver double 5-spoke 64L/647 is the replacement for the optional silver PP wheel. Late availability so it's not yet shown in the builder. It will be available in 9x19 and optional 9.5x19 for the GT rear.
Sponsored