Sponsored

2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
You all hoping for drastic weight changes on an aged platform are going to be disappointed. Just saying... CF bits/pieces are nice but there just lipstick on a pig.
Sponsored

Last edited:

65Terdlingua

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang
Spec weight is 3054. Not sure how you got 3054-2800 = 400.

and 3054 lbs is still super light for a 650 hp mid engine car.
I believe the 3054 is actually the dry weight of the Comnpetition Series also. Different engine cover with manual latch and prop rod, thinner bulkhead glass, standard carbon wheels and titanium lug nuts and exhaust.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I just want to be able to go down to my dealer and order the car the way I want it! I hope that's not to much to ask! Crazy to think that is not normal procedure with a +70k car!
BINGO!!!! I agree.
It's a win-win,....the dealership makes a guaranteed sale and the customer has the exact car they want.

Dary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT
Keep in mind the new GT has a built-in roll cage.

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
If we want apples let's do this:

http://cars.mclaren.com/files/live/...n/Spec Doc's/720S Technical Specification.pdf

Over 230lbs lighter dry, with an 8 under the bonnet.

But I'll stop as I don't want to derail this thread any further. Ford although is awesome at drivetrains, chassis and lightening is not their forte.
The McLaren doesn't have the heavy hydraulics that raises and lowers the GT 2" instantly and powers everything from the front aero flaps (not on McLaren) to the rear wing and steering. If you took that out of the GT, it would probably be similar in weight.

Sponsored

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
My hope is now that the GT is completely out and that 2018 configuration site will be up we can get on to the next SE!! Hopefully Ford as been waiting not to step on those models excitement! Maybe will start being thrown some bones!!!!

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
The McLaren doesn't have the heavy hydraulics that raises and lowers the GT 2" instantly and powers everything from the front aero flaps (not on McLaren) to the rear wing and steering. If you took that out of the GT, it would probably be similar in weight.
I get that we're on a Ford site, and I like the GT, I really do.

Mclaren has hydraulic steering, rear deck wing, and V2.0 suspension from the P1.

It also has a nutty 4L V8 that turns 8500rpm. Sorry the GT doesn't quite compare, especially being the weight it is. It's also 150k cheaper lol.

But back on Mustang talk.

I'm thinking centrifugal supercharged configuration. They're much harder to discern sound wise than roots. A slight whooosh vs whining. Can be mistake as NA

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06

Mclaren has hydraulic steering, rear deck wing, and V2.0 suspension from the P1.

It also has a nutty 4L V8 that turns 8500rpm. Sorry the GT doesn't quite compare, especially being the weight it is. It's also 150k cheaper lol.

I'm thinking centrifugal supercharged configuration. They're much harder to discern sound wise than roots. A slight whooosh vs whining. Can be mistake as NA
I agree, the GT has history but there's others I'd much rather have for less. For the cost that engine doesn't do it for me.

Centrifugal SC I suppose is possible but when's the last time a manufacture used them on a production car? It's pretty rare that they are used on production cars.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
I agree, the GT has history but there's others I'd much rather have for less. For the cost that engine doesn't do it for me.

Centrifugal SC I suppose is possible but when's the last time a manufacture used them on a production car? It's pretty rare that they are used on production cars.
Well it's rare.. but they exist. Konisegg uses them I believe.

And, actually, our beloved Shelby's had an option in '67(?) I beleive. The GT350 came with a Paxton option. So not unheard of in this type of car ;).

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
Well it's rare.. but they exist. Konisegg uses them I believe.

And, actually, our beloved Shelby's had an option in '67(?) I beleive. The GT350 came with a Paxton option. So not unheard of in this type of car ;).
'55 - '57 Ford Fairlane and ThunderBirds were the first.
The most powerful car out of the sixties was the 800+hp Shelby Super Snake. Twin Paxtons + a 427 Sideoiler.

Sponsored

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Looking at the Ford site the top engine choice for every model they offer is a turbo charged eccoboost version of an engine! It would be stunning to me for the new Halo Mustang to not be an Ecco something!! It would fly in the face of their entire line up? It may vary well be supercharged but that sure goes against the grain of their whole marketing push! And would seem like a step backwards!

supersnake94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Focus SE
So today marks three years since the GT350 was spotted on the NĂĽrburgring. Do you think will be seeing any spy shots there again soon of whatever monster Ford has in store?

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
'55 - '57 Ford Fairlane and ThunderBirds were the first.
The most powerful car out of the sixties was the 800+hp Shelby Super Snake. Twin Paxtons + a 427 Sideoiler.
I knew about the birds. Just learned about the twin Paxton's. This is sort of making sense now. The fender grills could be exactly where the centrifugal units mount. That would be silly to have two just for nostalgia sake when one would do.

Very interesting though.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis

Would still rather have a '17 GT shoot, id rather have an 04 GT than any Mclaren, aint no 200 to 400 extra lbs gonna sway me. Sometimes its not about performance, more about roots and what talks to yah, but Si, moving on.

I'll be waiting for more leakage and spy vids. Im curious to see what other of the 12 by 20 will be