Sponsored

Interior Materials Question

cush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium with PP, Guard Metalic
What is the material on the "Dash Brows" supposed to be, leather or rubber? I have a Premium GT PP... mine appear to be rubber, I really didn't notice it until about a week ago while cleaning the inside of my windshield. I hope I didn't get short changed by the assembly line!
Sponsored

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Did you order the 68B "Premium Trim with Color Accent Group" option?

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Nope, just whatever comes with the Premium GT. The only options I ordered was the Performance Package and Navigation.
Your dash should be a pliable plastic, not hard, bends slightly to the touch.

CooterK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot GT PP
My car is 400a, no premier, and my dash is leather.

EDIT : I also have soft touch plastics in some places, like the inner passenger foot well and the area around the shifter, but not on the door cards.

Sponsored

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
My car is 400a, no premier, and my dash is leather.

EDIT : I also have soft touch plastics in some places, like the inner passenger foot well and the area around the shifter, but not on the door cards.
Sounds like maybe you got lucky then for free. The leather dash and soft touch is the premier trim.

The factory got a lot of things wrong this model year run. I've seen some people who got premier with black stitched E-brake boot and steering wheel that should have been contrast for the premier, and some people who didn't order it getting bits of pieces. Seems like no rhyme or reason to it.

CooterK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot GT PP
Sounds like maybe you got lucky then for free. The leather dash and soft touch is the premier trim.

The factory got a lot of things wrong this model year run. I've seen some people who got premier with black stitched E-brake boot and steering wheel that should have been contrast for the premier, and some people who didn't order it getting bits of pieces. Seems like no rhyme or reason to it.
My seats are definitely not the premier trim, but after poking around and looking at pictures my "dash eyebrows" and door panels are from the premier.

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback

Hold up a minute. The E-brake is supposed to have red stitching toour with my red line interior instead of black?! I thought it was odd that my gear shifter was red stitching and my e-brake wasnt...

Greg15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP
My e brake has black stitching as well, seems odd. And the dash uppers are some kind of rubbery like material but nothing at all like leather.

Sponsored

CooterK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot GT PP
My e brake has black stitching as well, seems odd. And the dash uppers are some kind of rubbery like material but nothing at all like leather.
Do they have stitching on the front?

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Premier trim should have real leather on the dash eyebrows stitched with the same contrast color as the seats. The normal is an almost pebbly texture (softer) plastic with black stitching. It will also be black on both sides of the head unit/climate controls

As I said, it is very hit or miss and piecemeal on this feature. It seems not even Ford knew what it came with or didn't at the plant.

Greg15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP
My upper dash is a soft touch molded "plastic" for lack of a better word. I tried to show it deflecting in the picture to show it's soft and not hard plastic. It also has white stitching but it's definitely a molded piece and not something that was covered with an upholstery.

The center stack sides are the same soft touch molded material but they also have molded in fake stitching and not real white stitching.

The center console is the hated hard plastic. The shifter boot and ebrake boot are an imitation leather upholstery. The shifter boot has white stitching and the ebrake has black stitching.

I didn't take a picture of it but the center console arm rest / storage door is an upholstery with white stitching. It's clearly a higher quality material than the ebrake and shifter boot but I don't know if it's real cow hide leather or still an imitation leather.

The door card upper appears to be the same soft touch molded material as the upper dash and sides of the center stack. The middle part with white stitching is an imitation leather upholstery and so is the arm rest area.

Are my upper dash pieces supposed to be upholstered and not a molded texture piece?
IMG_2568.JPG
IMG_2569.JPG
IMG_2571.JPG
IMG_2572.JPG

Last edited:

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
On the door, where you have the lower part labeled "soft touch molded" next to the grab handle, that should be vinyl / imitation leather.

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Great post Greg!. Thanks for the pics. I hope to find exactly what's correct before my car gets here... IF it ever gets here.
Sponsored