The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Haha really @Twin Turbo ??? I thought he may be interested. I do get your point...I guess the correct phrase would be that these Bullitts will be a tribute to an icon.

P.s. you can't be in the Bullitt reboot movie, no where near cool enough ;)
Too late already been casted for it ;)!

yes, I can settle with a bullitt tribute edition, that's correct in my eyes :D.
Sponsored

Entai

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT kona Blue, A10, Magneride, CP 2. Daily Driver
My turn to be pedantic.

"An Icon is a person or thing regarded as a representative symbol or as worthy of veneration."

Everyone here appears to be agreeing that this car, and the previous "tribute" cars, were built to be representative symbols of the original car, which makes them, by definition, icons in their own right.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
My turn to be pedantic.

"An Icon is a person or thing regarded as a representative symbol or as worthy of veneration."

Everyone here appears to be agreeing that this car, and the previous "tribute" cars, were built to be representative symbols of the original car, which makes them, by definition, icons in their own right.
Suck on them apples manders :p

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
My turn to be pedantic.

So if we dress Manders as Steve McQueen that'll make him an icon? Just nah ;)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
So if we dress Manders as Steve McQueen that'll make him an icon? Just nah ;)
^ this.

The icon is the original, the ones after are a tribute, they are not iconic cars, the brand name (or movie in this case) is what is iconic. You show a regular person the 68 bullett movie car, they'll probably know the movie, you show someone the MY18 they'll say "It's a ferrari, whys it green" ;)

Sponsored

pat_y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Coupe - Grabber Blue
Spoke with my local Ford Store yesterday to register my interest should there be a UK Bullitt version.
They were not very positive we would get any but we shall see.

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
Spoke with my local Ford Store yesterday to register my interest should there be a UK Bullitt version.
They were not very positive we would get any but we shall see.
I wouldn’t trust or listen to what they are saying to be honest. Surprised they have even heard about the US release of it. Most dealers aren’t fanatics, they are there because it’s a job

Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
I have spoken to quite a few people interested in Bullits, so if you are seriously interested let me know, and I can mention it to some of the people I speak to at Ford etc

If there are quite a few genuine buyers interested, who knows.....

Afdyce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT auto
My middle Mustang was a 2008 Bullit, so I can say from experience that once the car is out properly in the States all the special Bullitt bits will be available as normal spares. Wheels, faux gas cap, sill plates, airbag, front grilles et all.

Looks like they use the ecoboost front wings on the line as these don't have the fixing holes for the 5.0 badge on the GT.

The paint code will also be available.

The problem with the automatic may be incompatibility/lack of a suitable tune for use with the 350 inlet manifold. I am sure someone on here knows the technical answer to this one?

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Heard through the grapevine (US section) that this WILL be coming to the UK. Apparently Ford said so on twitter. Will see if I can find the tweet :)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Heard through the grapevine (US section) that this WILL be coming to the UK. Apparently Ford said so on twitter. Will see if I can find the tweet :)
Well, they posted the bullitt image, and some marketing spiel, they've done that with numerous 350's, doesn't mean it'll come.

That said, I don't see any reason it not to, it's more an optioned up MY18 than it is a totally separate car like the 350.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Well, they posted the bullitt image, and some marketing spiel, they've done that with numerous 350's, doesn't mean it'll come.

That said, I don't see any reason it not to, it's more an optioned up MY18 than it is a totally separate car like the 350.
The comment on the US section suggested a specific answer to the question of a RHD Bullitt - posted by a UK user.

Be more surprised if it didn't come over - as you say, it's a standard GT with special edition trim. Only question would be around the increased engine power & how that sits with the powers that be in the EU.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
The comment on the US section suggested a specific answer to the question of a RHD Bullitt - posted by a UK user.

Be more surprised if it didn't come over - as you say, it's a standard GT with special edition trim. Only question would be around the increased engine power & how that sits with the powers that be in the EU.

Be more interesting how it'd fair with insurance, for that aspect it'd need to be a separate car, or a power packed mustang 18, because it'll produce a fair sump more horses... THE PLOT THICKENS :ninja:
Sponsored