Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
so, low frontal blower inlet with bypass valve at bottom left?

why the hell are the brake hubs splined?
S550 rotors are always splined, that's what's stemming all the rumors about AWD gt500s and the s650 almost definitely having an AWD option

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
In regards to those brakes, glad they went slotted rather than drilled! I had wondered why they did that on the GT350. But does anyone know why the pads look so tiny compared to the caliper?

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
So if the 5.0 is making 755whp from it, are we going to see a 900-1000 crank HP GT500 with the 5.2L?
An aftermarket tuned one, maybe. That'd be a bit much for an emissions compliant engine, even with the 0.2L extra. Drop that range by 100 and you're in the ballpark.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
An aftermarket tuned one, maybe. That'd be a bit much for an emissions compliant engine, even with the 0.2L extra. Drop that range by 100 and you're in the ballpark.
That's still nothing to laugh at.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
800+ hp is very, very doubtful... Not a fan of the upside down supercharger. Not a fan of superchargers on Track and Road cars to begin with.

Not pursuing an EB V8 (regardless of MSRP) is a big mistake.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
S550 rotors are always splined, that's what's stemming all the rumors about AWD gt500s and the s650 almost definitely having an AWD option
The hubs are splined, not the rotors. The GT350 front wheel hub was configured using both new and existing hardware. Portions were culled from a special service (HD) Explorer front wheel hub. The idea was to provide a stiffer, more robust hub over that of the regular S550 cars.

In regards to those brakes, glad they went slotted rather than drilled! I had wondered why they did that on the GT350. But does anyone know why the pads look so tiny compared to the caliper?
Watering this one down a bit, the cross drilling was for aesthetics as much as for any gain in performance. Ford did a great job with SHW on the GT350 rotors. I believe they'll be even better without the cross drilling on the GT500. I think slotting will prove to better for extending rotor life (micro cracks love to begin where drilled) as much as the GT350 rotors have been very tough.

The pads are actually very large, especially in comparison to S197 four and six piston Brembo Ford calipers and their respective pads. Note how the pads extend almost all the way to the ID of the rotor.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The hubs are splined, not the rotors. The GT350 front wheel hub was configured using both new and existing hardware. Portions were culled from a special service (HD) Explorer front wheel hub. The idea was to provide a stiffer, more robust hub over that of the regular S550 cars.

Watering this one down a bit, the cross drilling was for aesthetics as much as for any gain in performance. Ford did a great job with SHW on the GT350 rotors. I believe they'll be even better without the cross drilling on the GT500. I think slotting will prove to better for extending rotor life (micro cracks love to begin where drilled) as much as the GT350 rotors have been very tough.

The pads are actually very large, especially in comparison to S197 four and six piston Brembo Ford calipers and their respective pads. Note how the pads extend almost all the way to the ID of the rotor.
:cheers::thumbsup:

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Actually, where exactly is the air feeding in to this.. whatever it is? I keep thinking to myself that the part that extends downward out of the shot is the supercharger drive shaft, because it looks way too small to be the TB. BUT if the shaft is there, where is the TB actually at..?
I'm asking myself the same question!!!!
Unless it;s underneath the pulley shaft? But, where is the port for the TB underneath the pulley shaft?? :shrug:

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Has to be 700 plus, very excited.

I’d love to see if the rear discs are the same size as the GT350 so I can swap mine over to slotted.

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Also isn’t it known by now that ford intentionally releases pictures as seen above? I think it’s awesome.

Ponyboy4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dakota
Vehicle(s)
2004 GT Premium
I'm asking myself the same question!!!!
Unless it;s underneath the pulley shaft? But, where is the port for the TB underneath the pulley shaft?? :shrug:
That's what I'm saying. I definitely agree that its designed similarly to the new Whipple Gen5s, but a top-down view of one would give an obvious placement of the air inlet. Also, all of the front-inlet SCs I've seen have had the air inlet either above or at least on the same level and beside of the drive shaft (including the Gen5). Haven't seen any with the inlet actually below the shaft. Interested to see how everything is routed if that is the air inlet that can barely be seen below the shaft...
Sponsored