Sponsored

Trunk lid rubbing body when opening. See pics.

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
Front left edge of the trunk lid hits where my finger is pointing. I have touched up the spot so it is difficult to see. Next 2 pictures show the gaps on both the left and right side which appear the same. Any suggestions for a fix that I can do. My car is still covered under factory warranty. I bought the car used in December, but not from a Ford dealer.
IMG_1221.JPG
IMG_1222.JPG
IMG_1223.JPG
Sponsored

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
I had a local dealer adjust mine under warranty and they did a good job. I did not buy the car from them. If you have warranty any good dealer with a body shop can do it.

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
My gap was wider on one side at bottom of trunk lid and it was touching on narrow side. Dealership let me take it to a reputable body shop under warranty. Perfect when I got it back. I asked the body shop owner how he fixed it. He just smiled and said you don't want to know. I assume they stuck a piece of 2x4 or something under one side and gave it a good yank. They know all the tricks. Don't know, don't care its fixed.

milner_7

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.highdefinitionautodetail.ca
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
My hood was not aligned even, had my dealer adjust it under warranty. Any Ford dealer will do it, I don't know if another non Ford body shop will cover warranty. I always take warranty issue to the dealer. Mine was bought 2 provinces away so my local takes care of what I need.

OP
OP
Nfs1000f

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
Good news and bad news. 1st the good. I went to my local dealer and they aligned my trunk while I waited and at no cost. Bad news is the black spoiler and the black paint between the taillights is scratched in multiple locations from the mechanic opening and closing the trunk multiple times. It’s ridiculous how easy the black paint on these cars scratch.

Sponsored

MulhollandMonster

Laus Deo
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Was checking mine out just last week. That malalignment has chipped my paint where the lid meets the body, at the hinge point.

milner_7

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.highdefinitionautodetail.ca
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Good news and bad news. 1st the good. I went to my local dealer and they aligned my trunk while I waited and at no cost. Bad news is the black spoiler and the black paint between the taillights is scratched in multiple locations from the mechanic opening and closing the trunk multiple times. It’s ridiculous how easy the black paint on these cars scratch.
I had this same issue when my dealer installed my spoiler. I easily polished it out with scratch X 2.0 using a Rupes Bigfoot Mark ii with a orange cutting pad.

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT Premium 6MT
I found a similar issue with my trunk lid after washing it yesterday. Upper left corner it looks like the edge of the trunk lid has contacted the body somehow, and has worn the edge to the point where you can see the metal underneath. The odd thing is it's slightly under the edge, so if you don't look closely you wouldn't see it.

I'm calling the dealership tomorrow and get this resolved. They have a body shop a couple of blocks away that does wonders so I'm hoping they'll let me take it in there and get it taken care of.

OP
OP
Nfs1000f

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
I found a similar issue with my trunk lid after washing it yesterday. Upper left corner it looks like the edge of the trunk lid has contacted the body somehow, and has worn the edge to the point where you can see the metal underneath. The odd thing is it's slightly under the edge, so if you don't look closely you wouldn't see it.

I'm calling the dealership tomorrow and get this resolved. They have a body shop a couple of blocks away that does wonders so I'm hoping they'll let me take it in there and get it taken care of.
Make sure to tell them to use a micro fiber towel or have on a soft glove when opening and closing the trunk with the spoiler or center black panel. The trunk will be opened and closed many time and dirty fingers will leave many fine scrathes.

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
Make sure to tell them to use a micro fiber towel or have on a soft glove when opening and closing the trunk with the spoiler or center black panel. The trunk will be opened and closed many time and dirty fingers will leave many fine scrathes.
Dealership today took it seriously. Took pics, and are opening a request to Ford to get approval for a warranty repair. The interesting thing is the service manager actually took care of it. In fact the service dept. isn't going to mess with it. They'll send it over to their body shop to do all of it.

He wasn't surprised at the issue we're talking about, but DID surprise him was the little spots of paint bubbling that was inside those big flat areas on either side of the trunk hinge that I've seen in other posts here. He'd never seen that before. I told him other mustang owners have complained about it. He's going to include that in the warranty claim, get those fixed too.

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
Took the car to the dealership today on the warranty claim for this. Going straight to their body shop. Ford gave me no trouble because they took plenty of pics. They’re also taking care of the odd little spots in the trunk hinge areas where the paint appears to bubble too.

Should take a couple of days.
Sponsored