Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Greets All,

CURRENT OUTSTANDING REQUESTS, MODS NOT POSSIBLE And CONFIRMED MOD List

This is a guide on how to modify the As-Built data. The hardware you will need is an OBDLink MX either bluetooth or wifi. The top link is the Bluetooth version I purchased, the second link is the WiFi version. I can only speak for the Bluetooth version as verified working:

Bluetooth: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006NZTZLQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
WiFi: https://www.amazon.com/ScanTool-OBDLink-MX-Wi-Fi-Diagnostic/dp/B00OCYXTYY/ref=pd_sim_263_3?ie=UTF8&dpID=41FBr8BHCiL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&psc=1&refRID=3P1DKBB97BPVFB3ES1BC

Next This tool is popular that was made to compare As-Built files from various Ford vehicles...also includes a checksum calculator: http://compulsivecode.com/Project_AsBuiltCompare.aspx

Next you will Need a program called: ForScan (pronouced: Put your drink down, or swallow whats in your mouth, "Forskin") The program can be downloaded from here: http://forscan.org/home.html

Also this is the link to download "As-Built Data based on VIN#'s: https://www.motorcraftservice.com/asbuilt
As long as you have a VIN# you can use this link to download the ab file for that year and model to use to compare lines.

The rest of this guide I cannot take credit for, its from a user on another forum for a completely different ford car, but yet alot of the codes are similar across the fleet. This guide was made by "DanMc85" All credit goes to him for this guide and getting me started to look.

So read the Guide and lets help one another out! :) All I want from posting this guide if Idont find it myself is how to stop the fog lights from turning off when you signal, thats more then a thank you for me.

So I have been asked a lot how to do various tweaks or programming mods utilizing FORScan on a Windows PC or Tablet (I personally use a Microsoft Surface 3 most of the time)
FORScan is compatible with a few Bluetooth or Wi-Fi OBD Adapters... I personally recommend using an OBDLink MX Bluetooth (Black Case) or OBDLink MX Wi-Fi (Red Case).
I would only recommend the Wi-Fi version if you plan on using an iPhone with the FORScan app to monitor PID's as iPhone restricts Bluetooth based devices.

FORScan has been utilized by members on this forum to do things such as:
- Enable Gauges on the Dashboard (also known as IPC) such as the All-Wheel Drive Gauge (2013+), TPMS Gauge (2015+), Digital Speedometer Gauge (Some 2015+)
- Convert Audio Output from the Audio Control Module (ACM) from either Sony Mode / High Level Out to a Low Line Level Out to allow for better sound quality with aftermarket amplifiers driving speakers and subs.
- Enable OEM Remote Start and associated Remote Starter Climate Control Features
- Switch BCM Taillight Output from S/SE Style Inner Light to Titanium Outer Ring Style after physically swapping out taillights to higher trim level.
- Enable / Disable Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
- Enable Foglights w/ High Beam Lights at same time
- Disable Horn Honk on Door Closed when keyfob is removed from a push to start vehicle with engine running.
- Disable Seatbelt Chimes, when not buckled (Caution)
- Disable Automatic Engine Shutdown on Push to Start Vehicles (Prevents Auto Shut Off if left idle for 30 minutes)
- Modify MyFord Touch to Enable HD Radio AND/OR Sirius after swapping out to higher trim level ACM.
- Enable Navigation on MyFord Touch System that didn't ship with navigation (NOTE: Ford has currently blocked this method, and for now it is no longer possible)
- And More!

As you can see you can modify As-Built Data on just about any module to accomplish different tasks.
The FORScan team has added many of the same programmable parameters that are available in Ford's Official IDS Tool in FORScan, such as some of those mentioned above.
Others have been discovered by fellow forum members including (Jesse (OEM_Radio), Jason (JMR061), and Myself (DanMc85)) and are done either manually via changing Hexadecimal digits or via As-Built File Import sent by them via e-mail.

These manual discoveries can be very time consuming... Thus some changes could have a monetary charge by the person offering the mod or some ask for a donation in the amount of your choosing to continue to support the countless hours spent to discover these mods.

As a fellow forum member, I find it truly great when we work together to discover new computer mods or take risks to try and see what does what, knowing very well they could mess something up. Most of these changes are easily reversible. On modules like the BCM, most things should be tested while the car is in ON, but the engine is NOT running. Thus you can easily change something back if you make an invalid or incorrect change. If you start the vehicle, with invalid or incompatible settings, it is possible to screw something up. As long as a module does not loose network connection to the CAN bus you can always change the data back. I have made countless changes messing with modules and have yet to cause an issue I couldn't put back.

Anyways here goes a brief tutorial on how to use FORScan:

First things first... you will need to download FORScan off their website:
http://forscan.org/download.html

You will also need to request an Extended License, which I will show how to shortly. In the meantime, to accomplish this, you will need to register a FREE account on FORScan's Forum.
http://forscan.org/forum/ucp.php?mode=register

As of this writing, all account requests are manually approved by the FORScan team. The team is located in Russia, so keep the time zone change in mind. As it can in some cases take easily 24 hours before your access gets approved. I have heard of some getting approved within 2 hours, especially during the evening here in the USA.

Once you have done this, install FORScan on your laptop or tablet.

Open the Program and click on the settings wheel on the toolbar on the left side.

Uncheck Demo mode (if checked), set your desired data format of Imperial or Metric. I prefer Imperial. Also you can change the program language, if desired.

Click the Connection Tab at the top. It is best to be in your vehicle with your laptop or tablet for this step.

You can leave the connection type on Auto, or you can choose Bluetooth or Wi-Fi depending on device type. Choosing a device type will allow the program to connect faster when opened.
If using Bluetooth, you should at this point pair your OBDLink or other Bluetooth OBD adapter to your PC using the normal windows settings for doing so. Then select the Bluetooth adapter in the drop down box in FORScan.
If the drop down box remains blank or the OBD adapter is missing, close FORScan and open it again. It should be there after restarting the application.

The other settings should remain the same as the screenshot... there are ways to modify cheap OBD adapters with a toggle switch and some soldering to read MS-CAN network. I will not discuss it, but instructions are on the web if desired. There is a drop down box to tell FORScan you added a toggle switch (does not apply to OBDLink MX).

You now need to request a FORScan Extended License to Enable Programming Access. Currently FORScan will give a 2 Month License which you can request again after the 2 Months expires.
The FORScan team does have plans to charge for the application in the future, which is why the licenses are for a short period at a time.

If you click on the Help? Mark on the bottom of the left toolbar. You will see the following screen...

Make note of your Hardware ID or Copy it to clipboard to paste in the license request form.
http://forscan.org/forum/extlic.php

Fill out the form and it will give you a file to save to your computer. Go back to the FORScan window and click on Load License Key.
Navigate to the file you just saved and it will enable the license to access Programming Functions.
You will now need to close the FORScan Application and open it again for the changes to take effect.

If you go back to the Help? screen, you should see your license key has been loaded and a screen looking similar to this:

Now for the fun stuff!!!

With your laptop or tablet in your car... turn your vehicle ON but DO NOT START THE ENGINE!
Side Note: If you plan on messing with FORScan for a while, I recommend hooking a battery charger up to your vehicle's battery.
If you do hook up a charger, our cars have a battery monitoring system. Hook the positive connector to the battery and negative to the vehicle chassis, such as a bolt.
Do NOT hook directly to both battery terminals!
If your battery dies or drops below 11 volts while writing programming... that's possibly game over! (May not be covered by warranty, if they discover how you killed a module)

Click on the icon at the bottom of the FORScan window that looks like two plugs connected. It’s the first button on the bottom left.

This will establish vehicle communications utilizing your computer and OBD module.
If not already on it, if you click the Vehicle Icon on the Top Left with the I and then go to the Configuration tab. You will see your vehicle data populate along with all the discovered modules in your vehicle. It will also show their part numbers and current Strategy level. This is also known as the firmware version installed. At this time, FORScan cannot update the module firmware, still only Ford IDS can do this.

If you click the Modules tab at the top, you will see an easier to read list of the modules discovered and what CAN network each module is located on.

Once connected and you are done seeing what modules your vehicle has that you can access.
Click on the Computer Chip icon on the middle of the left toolbar. You will now see all the programming screens.
These will not work if your Extended License is not loaded into the application.

You will see some that just say Module Configuration and some that say Module Configuration (As-Built Format).
The ones that say Module Configuration are pre-discovered values, mainly taken from Ford IDS to make changes in those modules.
For Example, the BCM (BdyCM) will have the Enable Factory Remote Starter option and some others.
The ones that say Module Configuration (As Built Format) will be the pure Hexadecimal values that can be changed.

Once you have decided what module you want to access click on it so it is highlighted. Then click the Play Button down at the bottom left of the FORScan application.

For my example I will use by BCM Module, which other than the Engine Computer is the main computer that controls everything inside the vehicle.

Once you hit the Play Button on the BdyCM (As-Built Format) option you will see a screen that looks like this:
Note: It reads each memory block one by one... so it may take a minute or so to load, before this screen pops up.

PLACE HOLDER

Each module has a memory address... The BCM is at address 726.
Then there are memory blocks with multiple lines.

So for example there is 726-01-01 which means BCM, Memory Block 1, Line 1.

Here you can make any As-Built Hexadecimal changes as directed... Once again I cannot stress enough how important it is to be careful with what data you enter.
Unless you know what you are doing with this sort of stuff, only change something that has been provided to you that is known to accomplish the desired change.

If you want to change something in a single line... Make your change then hit Write at the end of the memory block.
If you change data in multiple lines... Make your changes, then hit Write All at the bottom of the FORScan window. ( Unless something requires changes in multiple spots, I recommend working one line at a time to see what effect the change has. Change of a single digit can completely change what does what, let alone an entire line.)

If you are provided a file by a recognized member on the forum, hit Load All at the bottom. Then select the file provided. Then hit Write All if not prompted to do so automatically.

The last two hexadecimal digits on each line are a mathematical checksum. If the line is modified to a non-official value, you will get an error upon clicking write. This is a safety check to make sure you actually want to do this change. If given a valid change for the entire line, this box won't pop up. Just changing one value will cause this box to appear. If you are sure you changed the correct digit, hit OK and FORScan will automatically recalculate the checksum to the new proper value. The last two digits won't help you find any new mod lol and they will change automatically when clicking write if you change them to an invalid value.

You can now hit Save All at the bottom, if you found something cool and want to back up your changes to a file.

The Stop button, next to the play button ends Module Programming for the selected module. This needs to be pressed before FORScan will let you use other items available on the left toolbar.

After making changes, you can possibly trigger some DTC codes...or maybe you just want to use FORScan to see if you have any DTC's. FORScan is a powerful tool, instead of reading the generic OBD DTC's as most scan tools do. It has the power of Ford's IDS tool, to pull codes from each individual module. Most of these codes can be identified within FORScan with a basic description. However, full details and steps to resolve/test can be found in the Official Ford Workshop Service Manual on motorcraftservice.com (PAID ACCESS)

You can hit the First Triangle at the bottom with the paper icon to read DTC's. You can hit the icon next to it with the Triangle and power icon to Reset and Clear DTC's. You can also save the DTC list with the Floppy Disk icon. The Box that says ALL gives you the ability to read or clear individual modules. Say you have a few DTC's in different modules, but only want to clear let’s say a DTC in your C-CM, because your cruise control isn't playing nice. Click C-CM in the drop down box and now those read and clear buttons will only utilize that individual module instead of reading and clearing everything.

FORScan can also do the same module self-tests that Ford IDS can to check for problems or DTC's in individual modules. It is great when trying to track down the source of a problem or something just isn't acting quite right. Also there is a button on the Left Toolbar to do Module Resets. Basically this is the computer equivalent of unplugging the power (battery) from a particular module and plugging it back in again. It forces a module to reboot or reset to its normal state if it is acting up. (Note: this can cause DTC's that may need to be cleared afterwards)

As you can see there is no easy way to see what hexadecimal value does what without a known source or trial and error. It takes countless hours to figure these computer mods out.

Good Luck and happy Hunting!
Sponsored

Last edited:

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Last edited:

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
here are the byte values that AngelDeath has already discovered:

Codes found so far in BCM:

Simultaneous High Beams and Fog Lights location

Code: 726-27-01: 0100 0001 0058 (Disabled)

Change to: 726-27-01: 0100 0000 0057 (Enabled)

You can now use your fog lights with your high beams, especially if you are on a dark road with no lights. CONFIRMED!

Double Horn Honk Reminder (Engine on, Keyfob not in car):

Code: 726-41-02 0001 0001 0072 - Enabled

Change To: 726-41-02 0000 0001 0071 - Disabled

Now you don't have that annoying Double Honk that you left the car on! CONFIRMED!

Police Dark Mode:

Code: 726-32-01: 0A01 0000 006B

Change to: 726-32-01: 0A01 0100 006C

Now your interior lights will not come on when you open your car door, or when you shut off the car! CONFIRMED!

klineka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Wow this looks awesome. Great writeup! One quick question, regarding the digital speedometer, is says (Some 2015+) How would I know if that will work on my car? And is there a list of the codes or a list of the person who figured that portion out?

Sponsored

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
Sub'd for life.

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Wow this looks awesome. Great writeup! One quick question, regarding the digital speedometer, is says (Some 2015+) How would I know if that will work on my car? And is there a list of the codes or a list of the person who figured that portion out?
holy shit that would be cool.

I don't think there are many 2015+ mustang BCM changes on the net, we would be the pioneers. I posted the ones that AngelDeath has found so far. It's possible they are very similar to older ford vehicles.

I think if we can get the VIN on a GT350 (it has digital speedo, yes?), we can get the AS-BUILT values, and compare to a standard GT and go from there. (assuming it only needs a BCM change and not a software change).

edit. oops it looks like someone on the forum already figured this one out? [MENTION=23778]AngelDeath[/MENTION], where did you see it?
edit2. the digital speedo comment was straight from the og post: http://www.2gfusions.net/showthread.php?tid=4573 , related to a fusion, not a mustang :/. still, could be similar values. I still think getting AS-BUILT values for a GT350 and comparing would be a good option.

Then again, I haven't tried any of it yet, so I have no idea.

Last edited:

Sponsored

BigEasyGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
That would be cool, similar to the approach detection on the lincoln continental where as you get close to the car, your lighting turns on and slowly gets brighter and brighter the closer you get.

Also: in on this thread for future confirmed values in the ACM and BCM

sldghmr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP (x2), 2016 F-150 XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Sub'd....
Sponsored