Sponsored

2 Different GT350s w/ Same Exact Issue

Relak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 - Oxford White
On my first 2017 GT350, I didn't notice the stereo static until I had already installed an aftermarket setup including speakers, amps, and a DSP. The system sounded great but with the radio turned off or down there was always this constant static coming from the speakers. I tried all the codes and even disconnected to pins from the factory DSP connector, but in the end the sound just never went away.

Now, after having my engine go in my first GT350 and replaced with an entirely new 2017 GT350, I find that it has the same exact issue with the stereo static; except this time, I'm noticing it with a completely stock stereo system.

I've tried turning off the ESE and (non existent) ANC but still get the noise. I've tried disconnecting the mic's in the headliner but the GT350 doesn't have one in the rear and the front mic just affected my ability to use bluetooth for phone calls. At this point I'm not sure what I can do to get rid of this static but the more I hear it, the more it drives me crazy. I have a complete stereo (still using the factory headunit) ready to install but I dont want to spend the money if the end result is still going to include the static from the speakers.

New 2017 GT350 Stock Stereo w/ Weird Static Noise

New 2017 GT350 Stock Stereo - Turning Off ESE Does Nothing

Previous 2017 GT350 Aftermarket Stereo w/ Weird Static Noise
Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Yup...mine does it. Oh well. Doesn’t seem to affect anything at all so I got over it, fairly easy.

N9TMARE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550, e36 m3 , s2000
That’s pretty normal

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Detective detected. Lol kid.
Which post that you think is trolling?
Dont be that kid that writing “nice car” every topic. It doesn’t make you any better.
Grow up and find a job, get a life.
:popcorn:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I refuse to check my car for this - it will drive me nuts if I notice it...which I will not notice :)

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I've fixed factory buzz in a Mercedes by grounding its amplifier to another location. I got lucky, though, as I cut the wire coming from the amp and made a new run of ground wire. What I actually did was probably fix a broken ground wire or terminal connection.

What this sounds like is a noisy cheap factory amplifier that is never actually turned OFF because it is responsible for producing bongs and turn signal noises and all that other shit that the stereo amplifier should have nothing to do with, if I had my way.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I refuse to check my car for this - it will drive me nuts if I notice it...which I will not notice :)
Don’t. So here’s the thing on this static...the ONLY time you will EVER hear this noise is after awaking the car (acc mode, not starting) and then shutting it back down, followed by sitting in a dead silent car without opening the door. If you sit there, it will time out and turn off. If you open the door, it will turn off. It can not be overheard with the radio on or car running. The only way I ever ran across it was from doing just that...sitting in the car daydreaming about said new car, hahahahaha! Once I figured out it times out like that, it was a safe assumption it was normial. And obviously it doesn’t affect anything.

swish77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 LB GT350 C-package White Stripes
I'm on my second GT350 and both had/have that static sound. I guess I’m missing something, but I respectfully ask, so what? Why does it matter?

You can’t hear it while you’re driving, with or without the stereo on. I only hear it after turning off the car and everything else is silent. I just accept it as one of several quirks on the GT350.

OP
OP
Relak

Relak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 - Oxford White
I'm on my second GT350 and both had/have that static sound. I guess I’m missing something, but I respectfully ask, so what? Why does it matter?

You can’t hear it while you’re driving, with or without the stereo on. I only hear it after turning off the car and everything else is silent. I just accept it as one of several quirks on the GT350.
It's not so much an issue with the stock stereo when it's on, but if you're in the car with the audio off, it's easy for a passenger to hear and makes the care so like there's something wrong with.

Now with an aftermarket stereo, the amplifiers boost that noise to being audible in almost any situation and being that the stock stereo isn't that great, a few of us here want to have a way to upgrade the system without hearing constant static.

I might have my audio guys try to ground the head unit in another location because I'm almost certain that's where the static is coming from.

Deca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I only have it when the screen is on 'night-mode'...in day/white mode no static..

Sponsored

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
I might have my audio guys try to ground the head unit in another location because I'm almost certain that's where the static is coming from.
If the re-grounding works, please let me know since this static is getting to me - sometimes :).

Bullitt40

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350/track pak
There is a radio in the 350? never have had it on.....