Sponsored

Fuel filter replacement DIY

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Have been searching but couldnt find one, how does one replace the fuel filter? I think manual states it needs to be changed every 30k miles, mine will get there in about 1.5-2 months. Thanks for the help.
Sponsored

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Have been searching but couldnt find one, how does one replace the fuel filter? I think manual states it needs to be changed every 30k miles, mine will get there in about 1.5-2 months. Thanks for the help.
Try this.

Fuel filter change.jpg

Installation is the reverse of removal. Don't forget to check for leaks.

OP
OP

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Try this.

Fuel filter change.jpg

Installation is the reverse of removal. Don't forget to check for leaks.
Thank you so much. If you dont mind sharing, how do I get access to the system you downloaded that content from?

Also its referring to releasing fuel pressure. How is that done?

This looks like a very simple task and cant really go wrong?

Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Kinda surprised thing doesn’t have a lifetime filter like many other vehicles. Cool.

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
Just unplug it and keep your mouth closed so you don't swallow any fuel :)
...and don't turn your head to the side if the fuel starts pouring out onto your face. I have a good friend who did that and ended up with gasoline pouring into his ear. NOT fun for him, even months afterwards! :eyebulge:

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
...and don't turn your head to the side if the fuel starts pouring out onto your face. I have a good friend who did that and ended up with gasoline pouring into his ear. NOT fun for him, even months afterwards! :eyebulge:
I can imagine. Ouch. I'm only teasing because I was changing the tranny fluid once when I was tired and didn't get the tube all the way into the fill hole - needless to say I tasted more RP Synchromax fluid than I thought I ever would :)

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Thank you so much. If you dont mind sharing, how do I get access to the system you downloaded that content from?

Also its referring to releasing fuel pressure. How is that done?

This looks like a very simple task and cant really go wrong?
Helm sells a CD manual with lots of good info on it. The images look like they are from that document.

Normally I'm used to seeing a Schrader valve (it will look like the valve on a tire) on the injector fuel rail in the engine compartment that can be used to release the fuel pressure. I'm not sure whether it is on the GT350, but the Helm manual probably has that information as well.

Sponsored

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
I can imagine. Ouch. I'm only teasing because I was changing the tranny fluid once when I was tired and didn't get the tube all the way into the fill hole - needless to say I tasted more RP Synchromax fluid than I thought I ever would :)
When I was prepping my front Brembo calipers for paint a couple years ago, I had them disassembled and sitting on my bench. I pushed one of the pistons into the bore, and it shot brake fluid at a way higher velocity than expected into my eye!

I ran upstairs and rinsed it until I couldn't stand the water any longer. My brother-in-law now calls me 'Goggles'.

JR

OP
OP

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
It seems like in the older generation mustangs they remove the fuse that controls the fuel pump and try to start the car 4-5 times to release pressure. Not sure if the same will work for gt350.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
What is the part number for the fuel filter? I've looked everywhere and it doesn't seem to be listed.

Phenom5.0

5.2 ^^^
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech Metallic
What is the part number for the fuel filter? I've looked everywhere and it doesn't seem to be listed.
I may be wrong, but I’ve read the standard GT does not have a serviceable fuel filter like the gt350 does. The GTs is likely attached to the pump like the old SN95s were.

I replaced my fuel filter last week and it was fairly simple. Motorcraft FG1083 Fuel Filter.
Sponsored