Sponsored

2018 GT vs 2016 Camaro - Track Times Compared w/Video

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
Haha some people who have been saying some crazy things for the past two years are now backtracking it’s really sad.

Also a troll review also insulted them as well.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=512383
Some guy over there has over and over referred to the 15-17 as "a 12.9 second car AT BEST." Don't we have several 12.7 runs and even a 12.4 on the fast list?

Edit: I see 13 12.7's or better, plus the hero 12.3.
Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Some guy over there has over and over referred to the 15-17 as "a 12.9 second car AT BEST." Don't we have several 12.7 runs and even a 12.4 on the fast list?

Edit: I see 13 12.7's or better, plus the hero 12.3.
Those times are fake!!!!

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
:)

But they don't doubt their 11.8 for a moment...SUPERCAR.
Lol the Camaro also has zero issues as well.

You made that up.

You made that up.

You made that up.

And I had a Camaro troll arguing with me on here that I hate the Camaro? No I hate the trolls and the crazies. Declaring that a group of people at lying on a fast list is okay?

Originally Posted by Zeke.Malvo View Post
The camaro has it's issues as well: ZL1's revving up and accelerating on their own
You made that up.
Quote:
ZL1's unable to launch
That is an issue with the M6 equipped ZL1 when launching at the track. And it isn't as prevalent as the drivetrain vibrations on the S550s. In fact there are plenty who are launching just fine.
Quote:
rough idling LT1's
You made that up.
Quote:
headliners coming cut too short
Made up.
Quote:
slow start/no start heat soaked starters
You either made that up or you're exaggerating. DFI engines take slightly longer cranking the engine to start up due to the fuel injectors being in the cylinders and being subjected to higher pressures (in a nutshell for the lamen). It is not an issue nor is it anything that is a problem.
Quote:
faulty battery cable wires
You made this up too.
Quote:
key fobs failing register leaving drivers stranded
Made up. I never heard of this.
Quote:
OnStar (nuff said)
There is nothing wrong with OnStar. Most people don't like it due to their driving reports and that is it. There are no other complaints about it.
Quote:
blinding reflections from gauge cluster trim
You made that up. There are no blinding reflection in the gauge clusters.
Quote:
seats unable to recline
The seats do not recline back that much as compared to the 5th Gens. I heard people make mention of it but no real complaints. The car is built for a specific purpose and as such, weight and size has to be cut from it. So there is limited room in the interior compared to the outgoing Gen. Now if you're carting along 3 other people who all happen to be over 6ft then I can see it being a problem. If you're homeless then I can see it being a problem. If you're driving it across the country then I can see it being a problem. Otherwise I'm not seeing an issue and I'm 6'2".
Quote:
no manufacturer is immune.
The issues with the S550 that I listed are well known and can be found easily with a Google search. The issues you listed, well I have no idea where you got them from but these are made up BS that you came up with. If you have links to all these complaints then please share it with us.
Quote:
The problems/complaints with the camaro can't be fixed with an update
Because the problems you listed don't exist.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Literally anything wrong with the 6th Gen is made up.

"So I had my A8 transmission fail. Here's a photo of the carnage and the dealership service order for a new transmission. My car is totally stock"

Blaq: You made that up

Sponsored

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
LOLOLOL

That's great.

I like how he said "in a nutshell for the lamen."

I bet the lamen knows it's spelled layman.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Given that the alpha platform as far as performance goes is superior to the s550, I am okay with that. 3.9 to 60 and 12 sec flat qt mile runs are very respectable numbers. Even if the 2019 Camaro squeaks out a few more tenths, is anyone going to be disappointed with these numbers?
I know the Alpha platform is excellent, but I don't believe it is necessarily superior to the S550's platform.

The GT350 has excellent performance using the same platform as any other Mustang.

I think the handling difference is more down to chassis tuning and performance goals than anything else. Will be interesting to see where the PP2 package ends up for the 2018 Mustang.

-T

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
The whole.."Find me a Mustang that was faster between 1994 and 2002" crap is the most useless thing I've seen that blithering sack of shit say yet.

"I'm going to eliminate any chance of being proven wrong by so severely limiting the scope of comparison to ensure victory"

Funny how the Mustang outsold the "clearly superior" Camaro to the point that GM didn't view the Camaro name as profitable anymore past 2002.

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
The A10 tranny is probably heavy plus magna ride. A base manual gt should be close to the weight of 15 17 gt’s, depending on how much weight difference is there with the new gen coyote vs old gen coyote engines!
MagnEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERide adds almost no meaningful weight, it's maybe a few pounds overall difference increase vs traditional valved dampers.

Baron95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT
The GT350 has excellent performance using the same platform as any other Mustang.
-T
No it doesn't. For a Mustang with 526HP to be regularly turning slower lap times in magazine tests than a 455HP Camaro SS 1LE is quite disappointing.

I think the Mustang GT PP2 will actually do better than the GT350 on some tracks. At least for a couple of laps.

The GT350 is a special car with a great sounding engine. But it is a massive disappointment on a road circuit. It should be punching much higher than it is.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
No it doesn't. For a Mustang with 526HP to be regularly turning slower lap times in magazine tests than a 455HP Camaro SS 1LE is quite disappointing.

I think the Mustang GT PP2 will actually do better than the GT350 on some tracks. At least for a couple of laps.

The GT350 is a special car with a great sounding engine. But it is a massive disappointment on a road circuit. It should be punching much higher than it is.
The 1LE is a supercar I am not sure what Ford can do.

Baron95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT
The 1LE is a supercar I am not sure what Ford can do.
Ford doesn't need to do anything. The Mustang is selling well and the plenty of people are paying over sticker for GT350s (specially Rs).

The reality of it is that very few people care about road circuit performance.

Those of us who do are disappointed. The other 99.9% are not.
Sponsored