Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Engine
Transmission
Brakes
Wheels
Rubber
Suspension

It's also got the 300A package which has the touchscreen.
What? was the 3850lb mustang a 300A package? LOL, a premium will definitely be over 3900lb. Unless ford changed their package numbering convention, the 300a is the cloth interior base model car.

Now I cant wait till the S650 to come out... :headbonk:

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
What? was the 3850lb mustang a 300A package? LOL, a premium will definitely be over 3900lb. Unless ford changed their package numbering convention, the 300a is the cloth interior base model car.

Now I cant wait till the S650 to come out... :headbonk:
Yeah, no heated/cooled leather seats, no fancy trims around the interior, no digital dash or premium audio, etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if a fully loaded premium GT is clipping 4000 lbs.

Baron95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT
Not sure if it was posted before, but the LMR 2018 Mustang GT weighed in at 3,860lbs on CAT scales with a full tank of gas and no passengers.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Not sure if it was posted before, but the LMR 2018 Mustang GT weighed in at 3,860lbs on CAT scales with a full tank of gas and no passengers.

Right, but that's base man. It only goes up from base.

Sponsored

brendon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
brendon
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I don't think you where bashing. I am just talking.

They have kicked the L car replacement down the road so many times it's not funny.

I am not sure if it is or isn't going to the Ghilbli or Guilia, the last time I talked to some people doing advanced work for L car, they still really wanted to use Guilia based on it's weight.

"Dodge" may have created there own worst nightmare. The brother hood of muscle, and the emphasis on muscle car and straight line performance has nothing to do with the development teams desire. They really just want to build the best car they can. The whole muscle car thing is almost entirely brand.

So they do have there PR branding work cut out for them is the use a Alpha platform with no V8. I will say this their new 6 cylinder looks very promising.

To bring us back on topic I do think it is a good indication that some of the first times out of the gate for the 18 are in the in the top 25% of the Camaro's best.
This is basically how I see the big three:

Dodge: Biggest cars, straight line speed, great looks, seats 4 comfortably, and perhaps the most "muscle car" car left.

Ford: Lighter, sportier, higher reviving modern v8, and moving towards least muscle car and evolving into a proper sports car.

Chevy: Lighter, older/larger v8 that makes low end power, falls in-between Ford/Dodge as far as looks and sporty/muscle car vibes.

A lot of people still want to split hairs over two good cars. People will still buy the car/brand that they like better. All three brands offer distinct differences in design and performance.

From some research I've done, a lot of people were set in which car they wanted for decades based on their feelings towards 60's/70's models. Ford Mustang sales have dominated by a significant margin since the Coyote came out so we have that going for us :cheers:

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
The mustang has never been a muscle car... Pony car. Ford kind of invented it.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Stock to stock comparisons are fine but hardly anything you can really go by since everyone does a few things to make their cars surpass the factory performance.

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
Having spent nearly 2 decades racing at the drag strip, I've learned to discount vehicle times as they relate to comparisons.

Different Days + Different Tracks + Different Traction + Different Weather = Different Everything

Not to mention outright deception by over enthusiastic owners (I've seen it all).

So while early private runs make for interesting internet conversations, that's about it. Wait for C&D to do a test, which makes adjustments for all of the variables listed above and equalizes the playing field.

Then we'll see how the two pony cars stack up ...

Sponsored

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Having spent nearly 2 decades racing at the drag strip, I've learned to discount vehicle times as they relate to comparisons.

Different Days + Different Tracks + Different Traction + Different Weather = Different Everything

Not to mention outright deception by over enthusiastic owners (I've seen it all).

So while early private runs make for interesting internet conversations, that's about it. Wait for C&D to do a test, which makes adjustments for all of the variables listed above and equalizes the playing field.

Then we'll see how the two pony cars stack up ...
I read on svtp by quite a few ppl that raced on that track, it really sucks. So that low 12 sec time will definitely be a high 11. That drag strip is so shitty a gt500 crashed into the guard rails and split in half.

http://www.dragzine.com/news/texas-racer-perishes-horrifying-crash-little-river-dragway/

Last edited:

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
Man they are HURTING at Camaro6. Hilarious.

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
The A10 tranny is probably heavy plus magna ride. A base manual gt should be close to the weight of 15 17 gt’s, depending on how much weight difference is there with the new gen coyote vs old gen coyote engines!
Sponsored