2020 GT500 Mustang Caught Testing Uncovered For The First Time

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
Wow if it looks like that I might have to sell a kidney. That thing is gorgeous. I really hope it's close to that.
If that's anywhere close to the final produce it's gonna be bad ass.

Well.... according to what Ford showed us (Video/Image Teasers), that's how I THINK it should look.

LOL
But the actual 500 looks quite a bit more angular. Especially in the front. People thinking it will look like a gt350 plus will be surprised. It is going to look very very nice. Aggressive but classy and well put together.
THIS ^

I hope you're right.
Sponsored

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Those “interior pics” were from the GT350-based test mule (the one that had the hood, tail lights, rear valance panel, side fender vents and smaller tail pipes from the GT350) so I wouldn’t trust what I see on that car.

I’d like to see interior shots from the GT500 prototype, the one wearing big ass tail pipes.
Are we talking about the same thing?

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/04/16/ford-shelby-gt500-manual-transmission-spy-photos-video/#slide-7306152

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Yes, the video and interior shots are from a GT350-based mule (bottom). I’d like to see the interior from the one at the top (look closely, it’s a different body).
I see what you're saying now. You can see in the interior shot that the side view mirror cap has camo on it, whereas that newer GT500 prototype just has a black mirror cap.

Sponsored

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
I see what you're saying now. You can see in the interior shot that the side view mirror cap has camo on it, whereas that newer GT500 prototype just has a black mirror cap.
Exactly and as Twin Turbo said on a different topic:

DCT as the only choice? Given the recent spyshots showing a manual g/box, I'm wondering if that was because:

1 - It was a very early prototype and the lack of DCT availability meant they could test whatever they needed with a manual g/box

2 - It was an (updated) GT350 for the '20MY. I know many said the video sounded CPC, but I'm not convinced! That one still had the Voodoo "Wookie-wail" to me!
It could be one of those options but I'm more convinced about the point 1 because of the type of cammo.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Or that one has old tail lights, while the other has the newer MY18 lights.

SlowShelby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Grabber Blue GT500
Look guys what I found:D:lol:

"Before it's public release" :rolleyes:

If this is legit, I like the looks....but I HATE the heat extractor on the hood like that. It extends way too far (close to the windshield) and makes the stripes look like shit. The bumper and front end look great. The hood is shat...

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I HATE the heat extractor on the hood like that. It extends way too far (close to the windshield) and makes the stripes look like shit.
I think stripes look like shit. Sooo much cleaner without them.

Sponsored

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
Today I saw a Magnetic with stripes and a blacked out bumper..... the style has already taken off. Actually didn't look too bad.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Today I saw a Magnetic with stripes and a blacked out bumper..... the style has already taken off. Actually didn't look too bad.
People have been doing the Evo-style bumper wrap for ages. I honestly think the wrap looks tacky, hopefully the GT500 will look cohesive.

Meehlimo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Preimum 2002 Mustang GT V8 Swap
Seeing that new front end on a 16-17 GT350 gives me hope I can have it on my 2016 GT :clap2:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
In before HorsepowerKings claims that a roll bar will be standard equipment...
Sponsored