Sponsored

2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

Cheo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Hope this is real, awesome investigative work. Love my ‘08 but a trade up is definitely possible.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
As much as the studs in the photo look to be non-R GT350 length I don't think you can read too far into it. It isn't overly difficult for the engineers to change the length of the studs and you never know what kind of wheel games they play so as to keep everyone on their toes. I think everyone here is wondering the same thing though - will the GT500 use a carbon fiber wheel, standard or otherwise? IMHO, all things point to a fiber wheel in a width at least as wide as the R and very likely in a 20" diameter. The larger brakes will come with a weight penalty and they'll need to offset that (or should anyway).
Yes 20" wheel for sure. As far as the studs, for testing on the road they make use of all sorts of wheels, depending on the group. Vehicle dynamics has its own sets, and most of the calibration development (prototypes you see most often on the road) don't necessarily require the high spec wheel. They'll have a limited number of the very expensive wheel (forged, carbon or otherwise) and will allocate them appropriately.

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
The word is they just renewed the contract to use the GT500 name again a couple weeks ago.

But I wouldn’t completely rule out them using just the “Cobra” name again with that snake being present on the blower like that... and maybe a “Cobra R” to compete with the ZL1 1LE. :shrug:

I really hope the Cobra name comes back. I am kind of over the Shelby nameplates.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I really hope the Cobra name comes back. I am kind of over the Shelby nameplates.
Same, I feel like the Shelby name was just a money grab. I always prefered just COBRA, and I also liked the SVT name. Maybe because I was getting into cars then.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I never liked the Cobra name for a Mustang. IMO a Cobra is a two seater built by Shelby and it seems like the name is wrong on a Mustang. It seems like theft of the name of a legendary vehicle and the name is degraded by being on a Mustang. But then I also think that Shelby is a great name for a Mustang.

Sponsored

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
No way Ford walks away from the Shelby name after the success of the GT350/R.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Sheesh... name wars, yet again. The dead horse beat timelessly.

+1 Seriously.

I don't give a damn what the next big thing is called. The only name that matters is Mustang.

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
Same, I feel like the Shelby name was just a money grab. I always prefered just COBRA, and I also liked the SVT name. Maybe because I was getting into cars then.
I also think that if they dropped the "Shelby" name the ADM might go away. That's just me though. I don't remember ADM on the 03/04 Terminator cars, I know my buddy didn't pay one, hell I am pretty sure he got it under MSRP.

I don't remember the car's getting ADM until they started putting the Shelby name on them.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Sheesh... name wars, yet again. The dead horse beat timelessly.
You expanded the number of post by complaining. Not like a couple posts are a war. I agree it's like most of the topics/posts in this thread in that it's repetitive. I'm really glad to see some posts on the coming vehicle and some news. It's been a LONG wait.
+1 Seriously.

I don't give a damn what the next big thing is called. The only name that matters is Mustang.
Huh, I actually care about the name. I'm not too worried that Ford will pick something that would impact my decision whether to buy, but I can't say I don't care.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I also think that if they dropped the "Shelby" name the ADM might go away. That's just me though. I don't remember ADM on the 03/04 Terminator cars, I know my buddy didn't pay one, hell I am pretty sure he got it under MSRP.

I don't remember the car's getting ADM until they started putting the Shelby name on them.
I think it depends more on how many cars they make and how good the car is. Were there big ADMs on the GT500s after Ford had made them for many years?

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
I think it depends more on how many cars they make and how good the car is. Were there big ADMs on the GT500s after Ford had made them for many years?
I am going off memory, but IIRC the 07 and 08s had them then in 09 to 12 if you looked around you could find them at MSRP. 13/14 I honestly don't remember.

ZL1 production numbers sure seem limited, but no problem with ADM there. Didn't the hellcat ADM die fairly quick too.

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
There was ADM on 2005 base GT's and again in 2015 so......its not the name it's the novelty.

Moogatwo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ZL1 M6
I am going off memory, but IIRC the 07 and 08s had them then in 09 to 12 if you looked around you could find them at MSRP. 13/14 I honestly don't remember.

ZL1 production numbers sure seem limited, but no problem with ADM there. Didn't the hellcat ADM die fairly quick too.
My Mom got her 2013 at MSRP. However, I remember hearing stories about dealers marking them up after Shelby died in spring of 2012. I suppose that has less to do with the car and more to do with the timing of his death though.
Sponsored