Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
The pads are actually very large, especially in comparison to S197 four and six piston Brembo Ford calipers and their respective pads. Note how the pads extend almost all the way to the ID of the rotor.
I noticed that ther do look very deep, but they don't look quite as tall as the GT350 pads, as if they don't fill the whole caliper
Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
You just don’t see it because the shadow is throwing it off. The grey area to the bottom right looks like will be TB/intake. Nice and straight shot, should flow extra nice without all the curvature of the plenum of the last GT500.
So far it’s looking fantastic. It’s all coming together nicely :)
Edit: look at the nice little spot for the builders plaque to go. Awe...aint that nice. Better than on the side IMO

Last edited:

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
That's what I'm saying. I definitely agree that its designed similarly to the new Whipple Gen5s, but a top-down view of one would give an obvious placement of the air inlet. Also, all of the front-inlet SCs I've seen have had the air inlet either above or at least on the same level and beside of the drive shaft (including the Gen5). Haven't seen any with the inlet actually below the shaft. Interested to see how everything is routed if that is the air inlet that can barely be seen below the shaft...
Unless,....it's a rear inlet like the KB's and Roush/VMP superchargers??

You just don’t see it because the shadow is throwing it off. The grey area to the bottom right looks like will be TB/intake. Nice and straight shot, should flow extra nice without all the curvature of the plenum of the last GT500.
So far it’s looking fantastic. It’s all coming together nicely :)
Edit: look at the nice little spot for the builders plaque to go. Awe...aint that nice. Better than on the side IMO
LOL
Too funny Jim.
You could be right about the TB being right out front, unless it's a rear inlet??

Last edited:

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
too much plumbing to make it rear plus a lot of heat and everything in the back. I’m 98% sure it’s right under the pully and to the right slightly. You can see it in the grey area there, just under.
If it isn’t I’ll cut a portion of my testies off and ship it to forum members. ;). J/k
There is a reason they left out that portion...could be something cool there... hmmm..
A toothed belt... maybe we will see that portion next week.
The Easter egg shot off the dash says 11218, so maybe this thing is shown 1/12/18?

8F25607A-0F86-495B-8FF3-98FB36517451.jpeg

E8534ACD-E7C7-4956-B9FF-99CC73D2BF8A.jpeg

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
too much plumbing to make it rear plus a lot of heat and everything in the back. I’m 98% sure it’s right under the pully and to the right slightly. You can see it in the grey area there, just under.
If it isn’t I’ll cut a portion of my testies off and ship it to forum members. ;). J/k
There is a reason they left out that portion...could be something cool there... hmmm..
The Easter egg shot off the dash says 11218, so maybe this thing is shown 1/12/18?
HA HAAAAAAAAAAAA Jim man. No testies please!!!! lol :D
You may be onto something with the 1/12/18 date. I HOPE SO! :ford:

Sponsored

Storm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197 Mustang
Interesting, that would the day before the Detroit auto show. Seems like a good day for a reveal.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Didn't ford reveal the 350 the night before the LA show 2014?
Hmmm could be a legit time for the GT500

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I’d love to see if the rear discs are the same size as the GT350 so I can swap mine over to slotted.
I assure you, as far as the front is concerned, they aren't the same size. They'll no doubt fit the GT350 hub but you are going to need a different wheel and caliper too. The rears are likely to be larger in diameter as well. A custom bracket may be needed to offset the caliper radially to fit.

Also isn’t it known by now that ford intentionally releases pictures as seen above? I think it’s awesome.
These weren't intentional.

I noticed that ther do look very deep, but they don't look quite as tall as the GT350 pads, as if they don't fill the whole caliper
I'll post something up later for comparison that may shed some light.

This.

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
That's what quite a few folks are saying on Facebook as well. The suspense is growing as more tidbits are released.

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
I hope thats legit, otherwise thats the biggest cock tease ever

Didn't ford reveal the 350 the night before the LA show 2014?
Hmmm could be a legit time for the GT500
They debuted confirmation of the GT350 name, some basic details. and a 3D CAD video on November 17th 2014 I recall. The LA show started that year was November 21st

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hope thats legit, otherwise thats the biggest cock tease ever
You'll see some changes no doubt come Job1. But this goes a long way towards showing what they've been working on...

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I assure you, as far as the front is concerned, they aren't the same size. They'll no doubt fit the GT350 hub but you are going to need a different wheel and caliper too. The rears are likely to be larger in diameter as well. A custom bracket may be needed to offset the caliper radially to fit.

These weren't intentional.

I'll post something up later for comparison that may shed some light.

This.
Yeah, 20" wheels are required for the front.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To satisfy some curiosity, I ran out to my shop and pulled a few service parts out and laid them on an old piece of rug. I wanted to mock up the same front brake module as shown in the previous photo from similar perspective.

Of note - I sized the photos for simple aesthetics but in reality one should be noticeably bigger than the other. The OD of the rotors looks close but that isn't the case. The SHW "hats" should be near the same size too. I wanted to show clearly how the GT500 rotor has quite a bit more surface area than that of the GT350 hence the hand model X2.

I believe the GT500 hardware at it's greatest OD measures close to an inch larger than that of the GT350.

The GT500 caliper (on the left for anyone that isn't certain of what they are looking at) is clearly beefier than the somewhat "skeletonized" GT350 caliper. The body is more portly, with relocated bleeders lines, and contours. My apologies for not installing the pads, pins, etc, but it was a bit on the chilly side here today and I wasn't in the mood for crappy, cold weather so I left the GT350 caliper empty.

I hope the finish when the brake package is finalized includes a gloss finish similar to that on the GT350R or previous generation GT500 Brembos. If this finish is what gets earmarked for the first year GT500 you can guarantee there will be a hyper version of the GT500 as well (with a much more appealing caliper finish).

I noticed that they do look very deep, but they don't look quite as tall as the GT350 pads, as if they don't fill the whole caliper
They are most likely taller due to the greater OD but may not necessarily be longer. I'm as eager as you for the data that tells the story as well as the engineering behind it. My guess is that the caliper body "bridge" will reappear as I was told it absolutely made for a stiffer caliper. The problem with the bridge is that it precludes pulling the pads out through the top of the caliper and as such removal is necessary. No biggie if you've converted to studs.:thumbsup:

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Any idea about the length of the studs? Looks like this one is running aluminum rims? They look to short for the carbon fibers.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As much as the studs in the photo look to be non-R GT350 length I don't think you can read too far into it. It isn't overly difficult for the engineers to change the length of the studs and you never know what kind of wheel games they play so as to keep everyone on their toes. I think everyone here is wondering the same thing though - will the GT500 use a carbon fiber wheel, standard or otherwise? IMHO, all things point to a fiber wheel in a width at least as wide as the R and very likely in a 20" diameter. The larger brakes will come with a weight penalty and they'll need to offset that (or should anyway).
Sponsored