2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
To each their own. I'm sure some people love it. I personally think all that crap cheapens the brand. IMHO
I agree. Plus, I think those wheels look so, so out of place on the S550.

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Would you ever see!!

2019 Lamborghini Huracan "Cannonball Run Edition"
2019 Ferrari 488 "Miami Vice Edition"
2019 Porsche Carrera "Risky Business Edition"???

I think not

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
You know what would be really awesome?

If ford did a classic revive at NAIAS and unveiled a Mach 1, Bullitt, and GT500 as a finale all at the one event...

GIVE ME A BREAK GUYS, IT'S OKAY TO DREAM BIG!

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
So, just to spark some conversation... are we pretty much certain at this point that its going to be SC rather than TT? I saw mention earlier of a high revving engine *not needing much boost to make 800*, and I'm sure the possibility of belt slippage at high RPMs is in the heads of Ford engineers. Could we possibly be looking at a High revving twin turbo V8 just running fairly low boost? Didn't it only take Hellion 6psi on a TT setup to make 800whp in a GT350? And also, didn't ford trademark the name "Ecobeast" a while back? I could see the marketing department wanting to expand more on the Ecoboost name in the mustang line, do you guys think it's still a possibility?

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Remember when you build a car for boost you lower compression, so that 6 lbs of boost turns out to be much higher, to get the same results, depending on the application.
I doubt plans have changed I’m sure it’s still the 5.2 supercharged.
It must have made sense to them for some reason but would have loved to see s high HP N/A car or a TT insanely high HP car made (if anything else just to see ford out do the dodge), even tho it may not drive worth a crap.
For belt slippage , why couldn’t they just use a timing type belt so no slippage would happen. The pullies would just need to have teeth.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I don't know if it was mentioned, but this IS a manual transmission, in the first post video, you can tell right before take off It rolled back slightly. It mentions that a 6 speed was also being tested but it was unsure if it would make it to production. Could this be a DCT only car?

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I don't know if it was mentioned, but this sounds like a manual transmission, in the first post video. It mentions that a 6 speed was also being tested but it was unsure if it would make it to production. Could this be a DCT only car?
Well I see it one of two ways. They can either take on the Hellcat/Demon head on and to do that they need an auto. Or they can't make the car balanced with what they learned from the GT350 and make a high HP car (700+ horses) that can also hold its own on with a ZL1 1LE and take corners like a GT350. Then they could do 6spd OR auto options, and let the buyer decide if they want to build on the handling or build on the drag strip.

I'm not a huge GT500 fan but I'd be just fine with a GT500 that may make more power than a Hellcat but is slightly slower in the 1/4 because it will rape it the corners.

Sponsored

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
I got nothing against a good manual but I figure this is going to be DCT only. I know people will scream but for pure performance/speed it's the way to go. Maybe it will retain the option but generally so few chose the manual it's not worth offering. That's why Maclaren, Lamborghini and Ferrari have given up on them totally! Not to mention clutch wear issues under a warranty on such a high power engine!

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I got nothing against a good manual but I figure this is going to be DCT only. I know people will scream but for pure performance/speed it's the way to go. Maybe it will retain the option but generally so few chose the manual it's not worth offering. That's why Maclaren, Lamborghini and Ferrari have given up on them totally! Not to mention clutch wear issues under a warranty on such a high power engine!
Same here, I like to row thru gears but if this if offered with both, I'm taking the DCT even if its a lot more$. I've been wanting an auto GT500 for a long time. Sometimes I like to just step on the gas and hold on and with paddle shifters, its still gonna shift when wanted.

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Same here! Everything I have owned to this point has been a manual! Older I get the better the DCT sounds! And that is coming from a once die hard manual only freak! I went through 4 clutches in my last modified Porsche. That gets old!

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Same here, I like to row thru gears but if this if offered with both, I'm taking the DCT even if its a lot more$. I've been wanting an auto GT500 for a long time. Sometimes I like to just step on the gas and hold on and with paddle shifters, its still gonna shift when wanted.
IMO, anything above about 600 HP is more enjoyable overall with a DCT/Auto. Too frantic otherwise. It can also control torque better between gears for maximum acceleration.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Stop it, I'm PMEing. I haven't done that since 14. This baby IS gonna be one quick machine.
Sponsored