2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Was said it won’t be unveiled in Detroit at the NAIAS.. How much sooner or later do we hear...hmmm
Is ford going to all of a sudden drop it may and say it’s for sale the following week to keep gt 350 sales coming in to the end of the ‘18 MY
No, this isn't the 60s anymore. That doesn't happen. 19MY will be for sale between summer and fall of next year.
Sponsored

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Was said it won’t be unveiled in Detroit at the NAIAS.. How much sooner or later do we hear...hmmm
Is ford going to all of a sudden drop it may and say it’s for sale the following week to keep gt 350 sales coming in to the end of the ‘18 MY
Did I miss this somewhere?

So it’s not being unveiled next month?

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
DBK on another forum alluded to it not being at NAIAS.
I was joking about unveiling it a week after announcing it. I'm wondering when it may be announced. Probably the next major show between Detroit and June (2019 MY).
Most likely the NYAS. Which is 5 months away.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Anyone know how carbon fiber holds up in crash testing?
Early reports sound promising. Also mention of testing for "chipping" etc, is ongoing.

Did I miss this somewhere?

So it’s not being unveiled next month?
It wasn't specifically said that it wouldn't but rather a good source indicated to some that pondered going to the Detroit show to see it to "not go." In essence, no announcement on the GT500 there.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Yeah. I honestly don’t think this thing is ready.

Now THAT said, will we have any mustang performance news in Detroit? Maybe a Mach, Bullitt, or updated 350?

I feel Ford Performance is going stagnant. Nothing really coming from them. It’s like I can feel the funding being drained.

This time two years ago we had the GT, Raptor, 350, and RS all chugging along. So either ford Performance is focusing all the resources on the 500 to literally be the world beater (not likely) or Pericaks promotion deflated the dept. Funding is being pulled.

Am I out to lunch guys?

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
No I think your right, by what was mention a few pages back, it only being in drawing form 10 months ago, it isnt ready.
Was told it would show in January, but it did sound like too short of a turn around, even for the likes of mighty ford.

It has been quiet and uninteresting the last couple years... If it wasn't for a few guys here that keep it, at least in the thoughts of some, it would be extremely bland.
It's nice to be able to see what other builders are bringing to market. Keeps things interesting.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
The 14 GT500 MSRP was 70k loaded with the glass roof.
Sure hope ford doesn't skimp on it and load it with JC Whitney parts either.
If it's simply blown GT pp2 with 800 HP it's a 67k car, but even then i would want to do engine work to feel safe at that power level, that would probably be an extra 8k to build the motor for boost, minimum. 75k right there.
Add: 5.2 exclusive engine, supporting coolers for tracking, body panels, aero, tires/rim upgrade to carbon fiber, weight reduction carbon fiber drive shaft, springs, upgraded brakes, performance tuned chassis for power level, possibly special lightweight exhaust.
Out of these things, what would you want to give up in order to get it down to mid 70s?
I think if they offer the carbon rims as a package it could possibly start high 70s, like maybe 79k.
I'm all for a inexpensive vehicle, just not short changed and cheap.
I agree Jim.
I'm not looking for Ford to "cheap out" on anything on this car and I don't think they will.

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
No, this isn't the 60s anymore. That doesn't happen. 19MY will be for sale between summer and fall of next year.
So are you still thinking we will see it as soon as January? Surely we are getting close! If January comes and goes I think my head will explode :D!

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
That's what I thought! I can't imagine it being drug out another year that would be getting ridiculous!

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I agree Jim.
I'm not looking for Ford to "cheap out" on anything on this car and I don't think they will.
I don't either Tony, hopefully it comes with everything we need so we don't need to add a bunch of stuff.

Tow hooks would be nice, perhaps a roll cage. How awesome would that be to at least be an option. It was a head shaker when ford didn't build the 350, a track car, without track necessary equipment, like tow hooks. That's not even the head scratcher, it's how difficult and grill cutting, in order to put any in. Should have had easy access to those points. I'm hoping this round they make it easier.

That's what I thought! I can't imagine it being drug out another year that would be getting ridiculous!
No way it's another year. 2019 MY starts in june 2018
It's coming soon, just not soon enough. Perhaps April at the NY auto show? Would think sooner than that. Maybe it won't be at an auto show??
Maybe news of it is coming at the NAIAS, but no physical car? IDK.

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Anything would be better than nothing at this point. I just hope we are at least ordering by 2018!!

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I don't either Tony, hopefully it comes with everything we need so we don't need to add a bunch of stuff.
Tow hooks would be nice, perhaps a roll cage. How awesome would that be to at least be an option. It was a head shaker when ford didn't build the 350, a track car, without track necessary equipment, like tow hooks. That's not even the head scratcher, it's how difficult and grill cutting, in order to put any in. Should have had easy access to those points. I'm hoping this round they make it easier.
I agree. Options like those would be great for people wanting to track this car.

Anything would be better than nothing at this point. I just hope we are at least ordering by 2018!!
I hope it's not longer than January. I would think they would want to "show off" the car before people want to order or buy one. So, January would make sense before they start hitting the showroom floors about 5-6 months from then.
But, then again,.........what do we know?? :confused: :D

Last edited:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
BmacIL did say recently that info was “right around the corner.” I suspect he was referring to January NAIAS.
Though to be fair, even most of the engineers don't know exactly when something will be revealed. Marketing/product planning owns that. They may do something weird like they did with the '18 Mustang, but I'd expect NAIAS.

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
We should know pretty soon! Will get harder and harder to keep under wraps the closer we get! Look how the ZR1 was outed a week or so before!
Sponsored