Vehicle Showcase
Cant wait to see more
Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Interesting that they cover the ends of the quarters. I wonder if there's going to be some kind of venting there or they are changing the back of the car and that requires quarterpanel changes.
I bet the whole rear end including some of the rear quarter panel is different than the "regular" Mustangs. Just a "guess". lol

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
It's like back in my younger years waiting to see the issue with Lisa Matthews... just couldn't wait to see it all...
This could be worse

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
I guess every day is a day closer but man it's taking forever!!!! Ford had better make damn sure this is one bad boy!! Or there is going to be a lot of pissed customers!

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Come on...id rather see absurd posts than crickets...
I'm making parts today...going a bit insane

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Well that'll be hard since there's only like 3300 demons. Also dodge is now releasing a hellcat with the fender flares to fit 305 width tires all the way around. Dodge says a .3 decrease on 0-60 and 1/4 and a lateral G of .97. Might be the better option and save you thousands.
ya i bought 18 months too early lol, im jealous of this new setup.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I guess every day is a day closer but man it's taking forever!!!! Ford had better make damn sure this is one bad boy!! Or there is going to be a lot of pissed customers!
YUP! :thumbsup:

Helicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' gt350
ya i bought 18 months too early lol, im jealous of this new setup.
That could be said anytime you buy the newest, baddest mama jamma on the market. Wait a year and something newer and badder is released. Such is the game of the automotive market....

Now if we could just get Ford to leak us a little more information. Feed us something .... anything about the upcoming SE mustang. Hell, even what its going to be called is better than nothing.

Sponsored

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
One would have to think that this is going to be on ground breaking beast with all this build up!!!!! Otherwise why would it take so long? We now know Dodge said screw it with the Demon and went for it! Hopefully Ford will follow suit and go crazy with the new Halo Stang!!!

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
This one was, according to the poster on Facebook, spotted just a few days ago. It's a later prototype than the one featured in the original post of this thread :)
The GT500 will have huge "air buckets" under the headlamp.

If 800+hp is still the target (808 has been officially taken), few systems exist to achieve that number. At least from the 5.0 to 5.2 Coyote architecture, 808 wasn't doable with a 2300-2900 Supercharger nor a Twin Scroll Single Turbo.

We are down to two (02) options, not including a 7 liter surprise. A state of the art, Hot V BiTurbo OR, w/ fender gills, a parallel Twin Turbo.

A supercharged 7 liter would get 800+ but, we need to use some logic for this. According to a Romeo Engine builder, this engine was in development around November 2015. I assume it replaced the supercharged lineup due to the looming FP Truck lineup I spoke about. An Ecoboost V8 wasn't needed until these trucks started R&D.

Anyway, if this is a later prototype and it has a slightly buldging hood still, it could indicate the design direction. If we don't see fender fills soon, the parallel twin was axed.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I'm wondering if the DCT will make it to the car. Post #1 in this thread states DCT and possibly the manual option . I'll probably take the DCT but hey, i may have to haha. Will be doing some investigating on the DCT to find out what might be the max torque and HP.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I'm wondering if the DCT will make it to the car. Post #1 in this thread states DCT and possibly the manual option . I'll probably take the DCT but hey, i may have to haha. Will be doing some investigating on the DCT to find out what might be the max torque and HP.
I'm guessing it will Jim.
How I come to that guess??,..........The Z06 is now offered with an automatic, as is the new ZL1 as well as the Hellcat Challengers. I would "think" that Ford would follow the trend?
Or,.......maybe not though. lol

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
The DCT would really set it apart from the crowd! Add that with some Twin turbo action, then you got something special! Pull some interior styling from the GT hopefully! Carbon fiber wheels why we are at it as well!! So much potential hope we are not disappointed!!
Sponsored