Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Ford just officially announced/revealed the 2019 Ford Ranger which should be shown live at the Detroit Auto Show! We'll be there to bring you this and of course Mustang Bullitt news tomorrow :cheers:

Be sure to visit our sister site Ranger5G.com for all the details!

http://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/2019-ford-ranger-officially-revealed.956/

AN AMERICAN FAVORITE REINVENTED: NEW FORD RANGER BRINGS BUILT FORD TOUGH INNOVATION TO U.S. MIDSIZE TRUCK SEGMENT

JAN 14, 2018 | DETROIT

2019-ford-ranger-01-jpg.jpg

• Built Ford Tough: Ford answers the call from truck customers looking for an affordable, rugged, and maneuverable midsize pickup that’s Built Ford Tough; torture-tested alongside Ford F-150 trucks, Ranger quality starts with a rugged high-strength steel frame backbone, proven Ford-built 2.3-liter EcoBoost® engine and class-exclusive 10-speed automatic transmission
  • Ready for adventure with innovative technology: New features make driving easier and more fun, both on- and off-road; available FX4 Off-Road Package adds protective skid plates, upgraded tires, off-road-tuned shocks and suspension, while Terrain Management System™ and Trail Control™ help navigate challenging conditions; a suite of innovative technologies includes standard Automatic Emergency Braking to help avoid collisions
  • Strong new choice for midsize truck fans: Ranger brings American truck lovers an all-new choice; production begins late this year at Ford’s Michigan Assembly Plant as the U.S. industry sees continued growth in midsize pickups

FULL DETAILS, INFO, VIDEOS AND MORE...
Sponsored

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
I'm interested to see this in person I own two Rangers in the past and they were good trucks but this looks like an F-150 and Tacoma had a one night stand and 9 months later. Look forward to seeing in person

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I wonder what version of the 2.3T they are using. Or if they are changing it up just for the US Ranger.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Needs more Raptor...

It sounds like the Raptor version is going to be shown in early Feb. Not a bad looking midsize truck.

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
18 Audi A3, 21 F150
It’s does look good.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
So conservative with this thing. One powertrain option. Almost like they want it to fail. I'll be buying a mid 2000s Ranger with 4x4, manual and a durable, albeit pretty weak V6.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I like it but, blimey, it's not massively different to our current European one....and I think I prefer the nose on ours!

fordranger2016_launch_05.jpg

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
FYI the ford ranger has been discontinued in the US since 2011, so its new to us

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Too big, needs a v8 and a reg cab version. Just bring back the S10.

Sponsored

fewt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Has anyone seen the physical size specifications for the new Ranger yet? I'd like to know how it compares to the 2004 or 2005 Sport Trac.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
No regular cab short box = fail.

KV Racing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium PP
No regular cab short box = fail.

Agreed.
Not everyone wants a box you cant haul anything in. I had a Ranger for years, it was a regular cab and had a regular box. I loved that truck, but this new version, it's nothing more than a SUV without as much cab space, a bigger trunk, and is totally worthless to me.

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
Need to see it in person. I am a bit shocked that there is only one powertrain choice
Sponsored