Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
After it was spotted a few weeks ago by M6G member AnelBHF, we've been trying to get a clearer look at this vehicle and finally caught it out testing near Ford's facilities in Dearborn, MI.

Based on information and sources, there is reason to believe this could be a powertrain mule for the 2017/18 Mach 1 Mustang.

Hiding in plain sight in a Euro-spec Mustang GT body, this mule shows quad-tipped exhaust and will come with a beefier rear axle, according to sources. A U.S. spec version of this mule has also been seen testing in the area.

As this is just a test mule, we will have to wait until a camouflaged prototype appears to see what other clues about the engineering and cosmetic changes we can expect from this upcoming special edition Mustang.

Enjoy these early photos and stay tuned. We may get video to have a listen at the exhaust sound.

Mach 1 Mule-1.jpg

Mach 1 Mule-2.jpg

Mach 1 Mule-3.jpg

Mach 1 Mule-4.jpg

Mach 1 Mule-5.jpg

Mach 1 Mule-6.jpg

Mach 1 Mule-7.jpg

Mach 1 Mule-8.jpg

Mach 1 Mule-9.jpg

Mach 1 Mule-10.jpg

Mach 1 Mule-11.jpg

Mach 1 Mule-12.jpg

Mach 1 Mule-13.jpg
Sponsored

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
just looks like they got a hack saw out and chopped 3 inches off the rear diffuser to make room for the quads. I hope they clean that up in the production version.

Anyone know specifics on what "beefier rear axle" actually means?

Sheenapple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
hopefully some better half-shafts, potentially a different.. diff hah. maybe even live axle?

seeing a OW without spacers and a drop kit.. looks like a damn 4x4.

flubyu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Holy wheel gap! Those quad tips are nice - look like the 13-14 GT500 style over the faux tip 350s now. Can this please be an early Mach 1

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Thanks for these, Jarstang :cheers:

I'm guessing Ford are using a Euro-spec car to try and throw us of the scent.....it's not working, Ford :p

However, it would be nice to think any Mach 1 would be available in Europe (although I'm guessing that would definitely rule out a shaker hood due to our silly pedestrian impact rules!). We've certainly bought enough GTs......and Mach 1 would sell nicely outside of the US, too :)

Sponsored

Texican1911

Ford Certified Sales Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a Lightning Blue with Midnight Blue 20" wheels Safe & Smart, Active Exhaust, Shaker
(although I'm guessing that would definitely rule out a shaker hood due to our silly pedestrian impact rules!).
Just hit them HARDER!

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
just looks like they got a hack saw out and chopped 3 inches off the rear diffuser to make room for the quads. I hope they clean that up in the production version.
Like many engineering cars, hacked-up looking stuff does not reflect production intent. Most of the styling work likely will not be exposed until later.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I take it the stickers on the body panels are too small to blow up and read? I don't recall seeing these on other prototypes. I wonder what they say? :shrug:

Sponsored

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
This quad tips are really nice and that's a nice car :D

Hmm, seems they still don't want to put the tri-bar LEDs for the Export market ... ! :frusty:

Look at the first pic with the ugly yellowish fog lights DRL ... :lol:
Yah they are ugly but there is a reason for yellow tint for fogs...easier to see due to the light hue.

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
Yah they are ugly but there is a reason for yellow tint for fogs...easier to see due to the light hue.
Yea, but I don't meant the yellow tint for the fog light.

In the export market, the fog lamps have 2 cavity, one for the Fog light and one for the DRL. Both bulbs are Halogen in the Export model.

Into your US model, you have LED Fog Lights and LED DRL into the Headlights.

erne75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/ PP
Just hit them HARDER!
Male adult: 20 points
Male teenager: 40 points
Male infant/toddler: 70 points
Female: +10 bonus points
Senior citizen: 100 points!
Sponsored