Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Nice QJ...how do you think the alcantara suits the rest of the interior and how do you feel it will stand up to the test of time.
We had a car with alcantara on the seat bolsters and various bits of trim, and it just never seemed clean or tidy...I was always brushing it to get the surface to look uniform.
I really like the gt350 wheel and am glad you are the rhd pioneer to test it out for us.:headbang:
I'm not the pioneer unfortunately that goes to [MENTION=14296]Melbnut[/MENTION]

As for how it feels, really nice, it gives the car a more luxurious feel. I don't think it sticks out too much as it is black which suits the rest of the interior.

I am not sure how long it will last, but I have kept my stock wheel if I ever wanted to return back to the leather, however I wasn't a fan of the stock wheel, it just felt too soft and loose. Honestly the wheel is cheap enough that I would be happy to replace it every few years if it needed it.

It's a lot easier for me to get in the car now as well due to the flat bottom, wide doors, tight parking spaces and being over 6 foot made it hard with the stock wheel.
Sponsored

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
Bought a GT350 shirt and a Mustang hat to decorate it's interior...
image.jpg

dreabc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
For anyone who has imported a pony decklid, what was the best method of shipping in the end? I saw a few people mention that the deliveries were rejected by ShopMate, yet others said ShopMate worked ok....

64-DNA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Australian Fastback GT Deep Impact Blue
For anyone who has imported a pony decklid, what was the best method of shipping in the end? I saw a few people mention that the deliveries were rejected by ShopMate, yet others said ShopMate worked ok....
I'm the poor sod with the rejected ShopMate delivery (and yes, I still haven't received delivery after purchasing these parts in January).

However, this is all because I bought and shipped two decklids together and these were packed into a box greater then 105cm in length.

It seems that everyone who has bought one decklid alone hasn't had any problems. The standard box length is 99.5cm.

If everything is good, it seems ShopMate works ok. But if you have any issues, they simply do not reply or assist in any way.

So, what did I do with my S550 today? I got grumpy every time I looked at that ugly fake fuel cap on the decklid! :)

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
I'm the poor sod with the rejected ShopMate delivery (and yes, I still haven't received delivery after purchasing these parts in January).

However, this is all because I bought and shipped two decklids together and these were packed into a box greater then 105cm in length.

It seems that everyone who has bought one decklid alone hasn't had any problems. The standard box length is 99.5cm.

If everything is good, it seems ShopMate works ok. But if you have any issues, they simply do not reply or assist in any way.

So, what did I do with my S550 today? I got grumpy every time I looked at that ugly fake fuel cap on the decklid! :)
Damn that sucks!! So they won't even reply to your requests? That's pretty shit really

Reactions: ssb

Sponsored

dreabc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Ide be going to Aus Post HQ. That is unacceptable. They specifically mention on their website what the options are for rejected deliveries, so they need to provide the basic service they advertise.

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
I had my blank decklid sent from cj pony direct. They were fantastic to deal with

Egghead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
Fitted the gt lettering style rear deck lid panel with black lettering, fitted a black pony to the front grille, fitted the oem strut tower brace...
Bob did your rear deck lid comes with the black gt badge ??

OP
OP
Bobsp12

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
Bob did your rear deck lid comes with the black gt badge ??
It came from newtakeoff with the chrome gt lettering. I purchased the black badge from UPR and changed it over.

Egghead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks mate ! I'll do the same then

Sponsored

jonnop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT Coupe
I just plastidip the GT badge on the one I got from New takeoff..

OP
OP
Bobsp12

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
Decided to check the contents of the UPR oil separator today. The car has travelled a whole 310kms.
It contained between a teaspoon and a tablespoon of oil. If I didn't have the separator, that oil would be coating the inside of the intake manifold and coking up the valves.
Probably the wisest mod I have done.

20160328_123207-1-1200x1586.jpg

It is a neat tidy install that looks oem.

20160328_123522-1200x2133.jpg

:thumbsup:

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Two weeks of ownership Bob and you're still wearing a wedding ring.

A promising start!

:thumbsup:

Stubai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (on its way)
Bob did you buy direct from UPR?
Sponsored