PP2...........starting to appear at dealerships

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
That’s been an issue for months now... people are just going to their Dealer and placing the order...

Same as folks can’t upgrade to the PP 647 rims, but they’re also showing up on lots and can be upgraded via Dealer only.

Seems Ford is lacking in getting their IT folks up to speed for reconfiguring the online website ordering parameters.
NOOOOoooo ... lol...:doh:
Nah, PP2 is for enthusiasts, not general public. If they market it, then enthusiasts are competing w general public.:frusty:
PP2 is for those tracking, thus those likely already using the 6G and trackmustangs forums.:ford::love::thumbsup:
Sponsored

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
The Driving Experience

Ahh the people who aren't gonna use this or that perspective... My honest opinion... don't buy the car if you aren't going to have fun in it. I roasted all 4 corners of my P zeros in 8k miles using as much performance as I could...
This guy gets it, I'd rather have the performance and use it to my best ability than not have it and need it in a situation that can come up. These cars are built to perform and have even more potential when upgraded for whatever purpose you may find interesting. I enjoy running thru chicanes and S-curves, road course type driving. Some buy more Drag oriented cars. Just Go, "float your own boat"! Drive.

PoppinJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
If the front chin spoiler is installed at dealerships, how much is it to pick one up and install it yourself? Is it possible to buy one through Ford?

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
If the front chin spoiler is installed at dealerships, how much is it to pick one up and install it yourself? Is it possible to buy one through Ford?
i dont think pricing is out yet. You can definitely just buy your own.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
That’s been an issue for months now... people are just going to their Dealer and placing the order...

Same as folks can’t upgrade to the PP 647 rims, but they’re also showing up on lots and can be upgraded via Dealer only.

Seems Ford is lacking in getting their IT folks up to speed for reconfiguring the online website ordering parameters.
HA! You think that's IT. IT probably has nothing to do with it. It's their Marketing, Advertising and Production teams.

Sponsored

Lucky13Cat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 Purple
I don't understand why the PP1 gets a big functional rear spoiler but PP2 gets almost nothing. terrible:frusty:

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
This was the press release spoiler picture.
Ford Catalog lists 4 spoilers for 2018. Best I can tell the first two are the Ecoboost and Standard GT. The last one is clearly PP1. The third one is the one in question - though it doesn't appear to match the shape of the one in the press release - and it is not the GT350 Track or Tech pack spoiler.

Unfortunately the individual part numbers are not yet published. However, note the descriptions and availability dates:

First Photo - Available as of 10/2 -which would make me think PP1

Second Photo - Available 12/4 -which would make me think PP2 as I believe that was also the original stated first order date, even though some have already showed up at dealers

Third Photo - GT350 Spoilers

All that being said, as someone posted, maybe the first run got the GT350 Tech Pack spoiler. Either way, can't imagine they intend on replacing them unless they only bolted them on and didn't glue them down.
2018 Spoiler.jpg
2018 Mustang Spoiler V2.JPG
GT350 Spoilers.JPG

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
You could say a GT350 is a 25K Package on an Ecoboost as most people won't actually use that performance either. So why bother ever buying anything over base?
As long as it's an option, why care?

Otherwise, quit making girly automatic Mustangs and slower, over priced Premium packages.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Another example of Ford missing the boat on a track package. A "trunk kit" spoiler will be illegal for SCCA's stock(ish) classes.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Another example of Ford missing the boat on a track package. A "trunk kit" spoiler will be illegal for SCCA's stock(ish) classes.
Does ford have a factory Mustang entered in some SCCA competition?

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Don't see GT350R guys bitching.

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
I've been playing with the configurator and can't find the PP2 option. How do I get to it?

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Does ford have a factory Mustang entered in some SCCA competition?
No but many Mustang owners do, the kind that pay an extra $6500 for performance packages.
Sponsored