Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
So, you are saying that there is a profit?
Sponsored

BGM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang V6
Mustang prices adjusted for inflation through the years ...
http://www.cjponyparts.com/resources/mustang-prices-through-the-years

With the exception of the 69 Boss 429 ($31K), it looks like the Mustang was a ~$20K car give or take through the sixties before dropping into the mid-upper teens in the seventies. Then in the eighties is started climbing again into the $20's and beyond.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
I wish the digital display was part of the PP. I like to glance at road speed right at the braking point, and that display would make that task easier. As a novice, it's good to know your true entry speed, because overcooking the corner is a bad thing.
Thats interesting since even when i raced amateur we taped up the speedos on the bikes and focused on braking points. NO racer out there that i know of worries about speed, only ones i know what do are guys that want to brag about top speed. a data recorder will do that. You should be focusing on braking markers and speed. glancing down at your speedo even briefly is a distraction that could put that attention to something else. Hell almost all if not all track/race modes make the speedo very small and the tach huge for a reason. I mean if you go into a corner hot, knowing your speed doesnt matter, your still going to blow it

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Thats interesting since even when i raced amateur we taped up the speedos on the bikes and focused on braking points. NO racer out there that i know of worries about speed, only ones i know what do are guys that want to brag about top speed. a data recorder will do that. You should be focusing on braking markers and speed. glancing down at your speedo even briefly is a distraction that could put that attention to something else. Hell almost all if not all track/race modes make the speedo very small and the tach huge for a reason. I mean if you go into a corner hot, knowing your speed doesnt matter, your still going to blow it
I know what you mean - there is no "time" to check your speed at the critical braking point. Which is why I want to check it as quickly as possible.

I have had only one track day. An instructor who rode with me told me to practice braking for the slowest turn - by braking harder and earlier. This way I would find the latest brake point, but without risking sliding off first.

The brake markers at this track were far from the edge of the surface. As an amateur there just is no way for me to 1) find any other markers, and 2) judge my actual road speed entering each turn. Knowing my entry speed is a safer way to slowly gain experience.

IOW, a novice just can't "know" or "feel" a sense of his speed. Not knowing can have bad outcomes. Surely someone else can back me up here.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I know what you mean - there is no "time" to check your speed at the critical braking point. Which is why I want to check it as quickly as possible.

I have had only one track day. An instructor who rode with me told me to practice braking for the slowest turn - by braking harder and earlier. This way I would find the latest brake point, but without risking sliding off first.

The brake markers at this track were far from the edge of the surface. As an amateur there just is no way for me to 1) find any other markers, and 2) judge my actual road speed entering each turn. Knowing my entry speed is a safer way to slowly gain experience.

IOW, a novice just can't "know" or "feel" a sense of his speed. Not knowing can have bad outcomes. Surely someone else can back me up here.
The best way is engine note/revs and gear. That will get you within a few mph at worst. As you learn a track you progressively build speed and once you find the limit (or your comfortable limit) entry speed, just work to hit that gear selection and those revs.

Sponsored

Race Control

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT A Platinum Tri Coat
The best way is engine note/revs and gear. That will get you within a few mph at worst. As you learn a track you progressively build speed and once you find the limit (or your comfortable limit) entry speed, just work to hit that gear selection and those revs.
Precisely

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Yeah..to my colorblind eyes that pretty much looks black. I will rarely/never notice royal crimson cars in the wild.

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
This is the first time I've like this color. Looks pretty cool with the black wheels and black convertible top. Might also look good on a coupe, black accent package / black roof.

BradleyMac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP, 2015 Lincoln MKC & 2010 F150
This is the first time I've like this color. Looks pretty cool with the black wheels and black convertible top. Might also look good on a coupe, black accent package / black roof.
... and driving under a royal crimson bridge too lol

Sponsored

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
Royal Crimson looks to be an equivalent to the Black Rose color offered on the Corvette. Very nice, I like it.

Seatown Stang

HereWeGo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
If only you could get the Black package and the Performance pack...I HATE the way they set these packages up.:frusty::frusty::frusty:

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo
I'm seeing 2018s every now and then around Woodward these days, maybe to get some exposure before the Dream Cruise or before order banks open. Here's a Lightning Blue GT I "quick snapped" on my lunch break yesterday:
e6oqklmbpmc54dd9ro1j.jpg

l8ojxcnh3oeth0nv89yw.jpg

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
I'm seeing 2018s every now and then around Woodward these days, maybe to get some exposure before the Dream Cruise or before order banks open. Here's a Lightning Blue GT I "quick snapped" on my lunch break yesterday:
e6oqklmbpmc54dd9ro1j.jpg

l8ojxcnh3oeth0nv89yw.jpg
Oh hey look, another (or same) GT PP with a black roof, why you can't spec this still baffles me. :headbonk:

saleen367

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 - N3451 2015 Focus Titanium
If only you could get the Black package and the Performance pack...I HATE the way they set these packages up.:frusty::frusty::frusty:
Considering the extensive list of options on the Camaro build page, I have to agree ... pretty frustrating. :headbonk:
Sponsored