Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

BluFlash5x8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 5.0 LX, 2012 GT500, 13' GT500, 13 & 14 5.0...
And all the terrible colors. That Crimson is an aweful redish-brown.... How about a plumb or purple.
Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I'm not happy that there's no power ratings, even though Ford tends to overstate them, and be the ONLY manufacturer to rate its performance vehicles on 93 fuel,hence the over-rated power, when everyone else is rated at 91 fuel. So tobe realistic to the competition, deduct 10-12 hp & tq from the release numbers for real world comparison. Plus, with the added 45-60 lbs with new standard features, normally found on premium models, is Ford going for a heavy weight record? We want a lighter, more nimble car not a barge for boulevard cruising. And are the Dull, Dim DRL LED's going to be addressed at some point? The front of the car is so, lifeless. Nobody to date has made an effort to "brighten" this car's weakness, its dim Almost to skinny, tri-bar DRL's. I suspect Ford will be playing catch up with Camaro yet again, with 440 hp on 91 fuel. It is currently 425 hp. And 300 hp in ecostang. The weight increase will finally push a base mustang gt to 2009 GT500 weight, at 3825 lbs. My 2013 GT stick was 3622 lbs full fluids on the scale. Add me in and it was 3802 lbs. I wish Ford would focus on their customers and not waste billions of $$ on autonomous vehicles and Artificial Intelligence. This is the new world order coming to fruition.
I gladly take the 10hp hit by being able to run 87 octane fuel. Running 91 octane is likely only a 2-3 hp degradation. You have to remember that the camaro demands premium fuel while the mustang allows it's owners a choice. I love having the option.

Keep in mind too, the S550 mustang has been killing it in sales since day one. Judging by sales, Ford gave it's customers exactly what they wanted. Without the S550, I would still be looking at used foxbodys or late 60's mustangs.

I tell you what I don't want. I don't want a cramped interior, tiny trunk opening and shit visibility to save 100lbs of weight...nor would I want a significant price increase to offset said weight.

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
i can totally see people ordering the carbon package panels individually from ford parts

Sponsored

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I personally love the contrast of a black painted roof.

To each his own.
Yep, same here, just adds a nice overall look to it in my opinion. Everybody has their likes, dislikes and preferences, and that just adds variety to the world.

BradleyMac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP, 2015 Lincoln MKC & 2010 F150
I personally love the contrast of a black painted roof.

To each his own.
Your spot on. Albeit it's unfortunate the black painted roof costs so much. The contrast with most of the colors looks awesome. When you see one in the real it's a real head turner. The ruby red with black roof is a stunner. To bad they're making it part of the package as I don't want a lot of them running around as there will be too many which will take away from the uniquness :(

I'll post pictures when I get mine finished still adding a few parts.

Cheers!!

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
And all the terrible colors. That Crimson is an aweful redish-brown.... How about a plumb or purple.
I have not seen it in person, but the pictures look like the color of a Dr. Pepper can, which is a color I like, but doesn't seem right on a Mustang. Except the convertible for some reason. That looks pretty good.

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
I'm not happy that there's no power ratings, even though Ford tends to overstate them, and be the ONLY manufacturer to rate its performance vehicles on 93 fuel,hence the over-rated power, when everyone else is rated at 91 fuel. So tobe realistic to the competition, deduct 10-12 hp & tq from the release numbers for real world comparison. Plus, with the added 45-60 lbs with new standard features, normally found on premium models, is Ford going for a heavy weight record? We want a lighter, more nimble car not a barge for boulevard cruising. And are the Dull, Dim DRL LED's going to be addressed at some point? The front of the car is so, lifeless. Nobody to date has made an effort to "brighten" this car's weakness, its dim Almost to skinny, tri-bar DRL's. I suspect Ford will be playing catch up with Camaro yet again, with 440 hp on 91 fuel. It is currently 425 hp. And 300 hp in ecostang. The weight increase will finally push a base mustang gt to 2009 GT500 weight, at 3825 lbs. My 2013 GT stick was 3622 lbs full fluids on the scale. Add me in and it was 3802 lbs. I wish Ford would focus on their customers and not waste billions of $$ on autonomous vehicles and Artificial Intelligence. This is the new world order coming to fruition.
15-17 Mustang GT is 435hp, Ecoboost is 310hp. 20hp bump for the 18+ is not impossible, but yeah they should use a lighter weight frame like the new f-150.

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
Can I just say I love you for posting this?? That Carbon Sport package is sweet.

My planned order so far:
2018 GT Premium Manual
Orange Fury
401A
GT Performance Package
Carbon Sport Interior Package
Magneride
Dual Mode Exhaust
Reverse Sensors

Can't wait to see pricing.
The alacantra does it for me, its a throwup between the engine turned and carbon.

Sponsored

B4RK3R

CRWDCTRL
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GT Premium
Think the white looks the best. Love the Alcantara seats. I prefer my 20" forgery wheels to anything 2018 has. Funny no info on digital dash.

TheReaper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT
I gladly take the 10hp hit by being able to run 87 octane fuel. Running 91 octane is likely only a 2-3 hp degradation. You have to remember that the camaro demands premium fuel while the mustang allows it's owners a choice. I love having the option.

Keep in mind too, the S550 mustang has been killing it in sales since day one. Judging by sales, Ford gave it's customers exactly what they wanted. Without the S550, I would still be looking at used foxbodys or late 60's mustangs.

I tell you what I don't want. I don't want a cramped interior, tiny trunk opening and shit visibility to save 100lbs of weight...nor would I want a significant price increase to offset said weight.
If you can't afford 93 octane maybe you should buy a Focus SE.

raidn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Perf Pack + 1968 302 Coupe
If you can't afford 93 octane maybe you should buy a Focus SE.
Some states don't sell 93. Best we can find in Utah is 91 unless you go to an airport or racetrack.

TheReaper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT
Some states don't sell 93. Best we can find in Utah is 91 unless you go to an airport or racetrack.
I'm pretty sure that 91 will work a whole lot better than 87.

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros
15-17 Mustang GT is 435hp, Ecoboost is 310hp. 20hp bump for the 18+ is not impossible, but yeah they should use a lighter weight frame like the new f-150.
Those numbers are with 93 octane. States like Cali don't have 93 octane unfortunately. We have to settle for 91 octane at best. Because of that the HP numbers for those of us in those states are not what you quoted. :frusty:
Sponsored