Chris's 2.5 Bitcoin Race Red Mustang GT

Spoonex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Mustang GT
I bought a Mustang GT for ₿2.5... Well, technically I paid in Pound Sterling, plus the money was from a range of cryptocurrencies, but it worked out to the equivalent of 2.5 bitcoin at the time I placed the deposit.

Ever since the S550 was brought over to the UK I had been slowly saving up my pocket money for a Mustang. It would have taken me years to be able to afford one, but I decided to stash the money I'd saved in cryptocurrency and a few months later I had enough to buy one outright!

I finally collected my 2015 Race Red Mustang GT today, so I thought I'd share my story and begin my journal to document my mods and ownership experience.

After a long and rainy drive home I went straight out for a quick photoshoot to capture some 'before' shots:

DSC_0002.jpg
DSC_0001.jpg
DSC_0005.jpg
DSC_0007.jpg
DSC_0008.jpg
DSC_0009.jpg
DSC_0013.jpg
DSC_0014.jpg
Sponsored

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros
I bought a Mustang GT for ₿2.5... Well, technically I paid in Pound Sterling, plus the money was from a range of cryptocurrencies, but it worked out to the equivalent of 2.5 bitcoin at the time I placed the deposit.

Ever since the S550 was brought over to the UK I had been slowly saving up my pocket money for a Mustang. It would have taken me years to be able to afford one, but I decided to stash the money I'd saved in cryptocurrency and a few months later I had enough to buy one outright!

I finally collected my 2015 Race Red Mustang GT today, so I thought I'd share my story and begin my journal to document my mods and ownership experience.

After a long and rainy drive home I went straight out for a quick photoshoot to capture some 'before' shots:

DSC_0002.jpg
DSC_0001.jpg
DSC_0005.jpg
DSC_0007.jpg
DSC_0008.jpg
DSC_0009.jpg
DSC_0013.jpg
DSC_0014.jpg
Looking good Chris! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Spoonex

Spoonex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Mustang GT
Very nice! Any thoughts on the first few mods :D
Just placed an order for the first wave of mods... Roush axle backs (of course!), BMR jacking rails, gas hood struts and US spec lower grille. It seems a lot of the items on my list are going to be fixing things our UK/EU models are missing compared to US spec, or features Ford should really have included as standard (ie hood struts!)

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Just placed an order for the first wave of mods... Roush axle backs (of course!), BMR jacking rails, gas hood struts and US spec lower grille. It seems a lot of the items on my list are going to be fixing things our UK/EU models are missing compared to US spec, or features Ford should really have included as standard (ie hood struts!)
Ah very nice. I have the same AB they are sweet :cheers:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Spoonex

Spoonex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Mustang GT
dashcam.jpg

The first bit of tinkering on the Mustang included a Dash Cam install and swapping that awful front reg plate holder for a magical removable 'static plate' that can be taken off and re-stuck infinite times! Perfect for shows or whipping off for a quick photo.

Dashcam is a basic Nextbase 212 - Quite an old model now that doesn't have GPS or WiFi, but they're two features I don't care for, so it helps keep the cost and size down. I combined it with a 3d printed low profile mount from Stealth Mounts, which tucks it neatly up behind the rear view mirror. Hopefully it isn't heavy enough pull off the black cover for the rain sensor(?) when going over bumps!

reg-before.jpg

reg-during.jpg

reg-after.jpg

The front end of the Mustang looks so much meaner without a plate. It's just a shame about the two holes left behind from the original plate holder.

And finally, my video documenting the process:

[ame]

OP
OP
Spoonex

Spoonex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Mustang GT
After a couple of weeks of ownership I finally got the chance to go out for my first drive in dry weather the other day! I chat about some of the mods I have planned for the upcl Ming weeks/months.

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
After a couple of weeks of ownership I finally got the chance to go out for my first drive in dry weather the other day! I chat about some of the mods I have planned for the upcl Ming weeks/months.

Great looking Mustang Chris. Love the wheels with that color. Looking forward to your mods. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Spoonex

Spoonex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Mustang GT
before.jpg

The paintwork on my Mustang was a little swirly. Whoever washed it earlier in its life must have used a mixture of soap and grit. Thankfully there's no dents on the bodywork anywhere, so it's in great condition otherwise, with the exception of some small stone chips on the front bumper.

[ame]

I went out and bought myself an entry-level DA polisher, with Meguiars M105 & M205 compound and polishes, along with Meguiars Microfibre pads to try my hand at a bit of detailing / paint correction.

after-1.jpg

After a few days of washing, claying, cutting, polishing and waxing the paintwork has been completely transformed. All the minor swirling in the paint has completely gone, leaving just a couple deeper scratches on the roof that only noticeable in certain angles under bright sunlight.

wax1.jpg

wax2.jpg

wax3.jpg

I'm really pleased with the result!

OP
OP
Spoonex

Spoonex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Mustang GT
BMR Chassis Jacking Rails installed! These are an ideal early upgrade to make it easier to do all subsequent mods like exhaust, suspension, wheels, etc.

jack2.jpg

I could have done it in half the time if I'd realised the two sides were different lengths (or if I'd just luckily picked up the right one to begin with!)

jack1-1.jpg

It did surprise me a little to find that the rails don't sit fully into my jack stands due to the angle. Since the load would usually be placed on the tiny pinch weld, I'm assuming this contact area is fine?
Any confirmation or recommendations would be appreciated.

And of course, I made a video...

[ame]

Please excuse the clickbait title and thumbnail. I figured it was more interesting than "Man jacks up car". There's a little teaser of what's coming next at the end :D

Sponsored
OP
OP
Spoonex

Spoonex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Mustang GT
Here's the latest little upgrade I made to my Mustang today: Ford Performance hood struts.

hood-struts.jpg

It was such a simple install I had to fill out the video with slo-mo footage of me washing the car! :D

[ame]

OP
OP
Spoonex

Spoonex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Mustang GT
wheels.jpg

Air mailed straight from the USA, my gorgeous new Project6GR wheels from [MENTION=11685]Need4SpeedMotors[/MENTION]!
Big thumbs up to Erick at N4SM for the brilliant service.

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
wheels.jpg

Air mailed straight from the USA, my gorgeous new Project6GR wheels from [MENTION=11685]Need4SpeedMotors[/MENTION]!
Big thumbs up to Erick at N4SM for the brilliant service.
Chris, it's going to look even better with those bad boys on it. Great choice!