Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Oh MM.....that looks horrible. I'm really sorry to see that. Hopefully the insurance/repair is a pain free as possible :(

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Oh MM.....that looks horrible. I'm really sorry to see that. Hopefully the insurance/repair is a pain free as possible :(
I hope so too, i've even got a video of it happening from the security camera's, i'm heart broken and it appears that the property owners, are claiming it was avoidable (like you know i can avoid a gate fluttering in the wind just as i go past, or you know, like they should have used the fucking deadlock).

I've got a few quotes, a local guy who's painting my 350 diff (from mac) wants ÂŁ90 and i know he does an insane job (fixed my bumper when i reversed into my gfs wall, and that was on the arch line too), and also fixed numerous corsa alloys for me...
My mate who does the painted plastics wants 4k, but he wants to strip a new fender, door, side skirting and bumper on so the colour match is proper
and then Pumabuild have quoted ÂŁ350 to do it.

It's a fairly simple fix looking at it, should be a case of pulling the hole out, beating the panel, and then welding together, blend painting etc.

Honestly, the worst part is, i couldn't avoid it, i watched it happen and it was totally uncontrollable, and breaks my heart to see the car wounded :(:(

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
Oh No! feel the pain.

If the property owners were negligent by not securing the gate then you should be able to claim against their insurers. Maybe call up one of those 'accident management' companies to see if it's a straightforward claim. Worth a quick call?

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Maybe call up one of those 'accident management' companies to see if it's a straightforward claim. Worth a quick call?
Nah, few days of being harassed by manders - they'll fold pretty quickly :lol:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Nah, few days of being harassed by manders - they'll fold pretty quickly :lol:
There's that.

However, yes, it's negligence, i've already put it through a lawyer friend who saw the video and immediatley told me if they dont pay to take it to court, it'd be an open close case because they have no leg to stand on, other than apparently being able to avoid it if i was some ken block drift god and dropped the handbrake, hammered accelerator and skidded round the closing gate :lol::lol::lol: (which really, isn't an excuse!)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Never been to court :D.
"I think we should just pay him, otherwise we'll have to deal with him in court"

;)

Fair play to ya manders...some of us (me) are too soft when it comes to things like this and get pushed around

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
"I think we should just pay him, otherwise we'll have to deal with him in court"

;)

Fair play to ya manders...some of us (me) are too soft when it comes to things like this and get pushed around
Imma fucking bulldog, take no shit from anyone. Consider it being "just and right" (with a big helping of being a dickhead). :lol:

Fuck knows if i ever posted it here, but this is also happening...

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
Took mine out in the cold and wet in its new MP4S shoes and can confirm to any MY18 buyer that these tyres make the Mustang feel more sure footed in the 9 months of the year we have this kind of crap weather :thumbsup:

Used the chassis washer to get the crud and salt off and slid it back in the garage :D

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
See whoever painted this...don't get them to fix your wing ;)
Though going by the back end of [MENTION=13920]Enoch[/MENTION] 's it'll look cracking when on.
Don't know why but I always think that 350 rear end looks rubbish til I see it fitted...

Last edited:

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
There's that.

However, yes, it's negligence, i've already put it through a lawyer friend who saw the video and immediatley told me if they dont pay to take it to court, it'd be an open close case because they have no leg to stand on, other than apparently being able to avoid it if i was some ken block drift god and dropped the handbrake, hammered accelerator and skidded round the closing gate :lol::lol::lol: (which really, isn't an excuse!)
Small claims process is really simple and effective. Tell the gate owner what you expect, show him the quotes, explain that you are a wonderful human being who’s prepared to use the more reasonable quote and request payment in 14 days. When he doesn’t, fill in the small claims forms online and the money will come.
Sponsored