Sponsored

Potential GT buyer

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
I don't think 18 will affect 15 values that much as 18 is noticeably more expensive and many don't like the refreshed front
Sponsored

PrimetimeKenny_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt- Mt82
There will be an adverse effect because a facelift might as well be a new model to the masses. I think people are warming up to the new front fascia as well!

Toecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I think the 18 is a win all round really. A lot of the issues raised by 15-17 owners have been addressed along with a few key upgrades. A lot of the negativity towards the front end is from current owners which is understandable, just like the comments made by S197 owners when the 15 was revealed.

I would have been happy with the 17 I ordered but I'm a lot more happy that the dealer stuffed up my order and I am now getting an 18. That includes the 3k extra it's costing me.

At the end of the day you have probably done your research and know what you want. All the best with whatever you decide.

Avdb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Lotus, Raptor
If I already owned a 15-17 then I would not be changing to the MY18.

But looking to buy now it has to be an 18 for me

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A lot of the negativity towards the front end is from current owners which is understandable, just like the comments made by S197 owners when the 15 was revealed.
Its ridiculous to suggest people dislike a new model because they own the current model. I liked the S197 look but loved the 15 look when the photos were first released. Could have cancelled my 17 order but when saw photos of the 18 I decided to keep the 17. Maybe the 18 will look better in the flesh. I will say the front end profile looks better from the side on the 18 but all other angles the 15 looks better.

I will agree that mechanically the 18 is a step up but for the extra dosh it should be. Although it's now stepping into the territory of BMW M2 and Porsche Cayman, which is dangerous.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
There is a young fellah on here that loves his Ecoboost Mustang. It cost less to insure, get better mpg and costs less to begin with.
Is it me? :D

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
It does feel like that...
I can probably count on one hand the number of EB owners I know through this forum & from instagram (I'm another one not on facebook).

I think everyone in the car world including Ford was surprised the the brits took to the V8 the way we did! Shocking because the EB makes a lot more sense as a regularly driven car...I certainly drive the GT less than I did the EB. 19k miles in 18 months in the EB. Only 4k miles in the GT so far in the 6 months I've had it...

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I can probably count on one hand the number of EB owners I know through this forum & from instagram (I'm another one not on facebook).

I think everyone in the car world including Ford was surprised the the brits took to the V8 the way we did! Shocking because the EB makes a lot more sense as a regularly driven car...I certainly drive the GT less than I did the EB. 19k miles in 18 months in the EB. Only 4k miles in the GT so far in the 6 months I've had it...
I asked Andy for the figures again... still waiting. :lol:

Sponsored

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I only think Ford was surprised. A Mustang for most people is not going to be a regular driven car (more likely to be a second car) and if you're going for the Mustang its unique selling point is the V8

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I only think Ford was surprised. A Mustang for most people is not going to be a regular driven car (more likely to be a second car) and if you're going for the Mustang its unique selling point is the V8
Partly agree. For me the Ecoboost was finally my chance to justify buying my dream car, and have it as my only car. The selling point for me was the practicability & affordability and the fact that it was a Mustang. My craving for a V8 only came once I spent some time with other owners in the UK...but agree - most buyers here will have wanted the V8.

I guess I may have been in the minority to begin with - I was a young buyer at just 28 when I picked up my EB, my first "exciting" car purchase too. The plan was that it would be my only car, rather than a weekend/occasional use type deal...but I managed to hang on to my Fiesta in the end :)

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes it definitely makes sense to go for the EB if you're a younger buyer, or get high insurance premiums

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
The plan was that it would be my only car, rather than a weekend/occasional use type deal...but I managed to hang on to my Fiesta in the end :)
Same here. Even with the EB engine, it's not the most practical car. The P-zeros didn't work in December for a start and I just couldn't bring myself to stick ÂŁ20k+ miles PA on my new P&J, or take it into horrible neighborhoods and dodgy parking spaces, especially this time of year with the gritty roads.

CaptainSensible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black Mustang V8 GT Coupe
Still 287 MY17 Mustangs for sale according to the Trust Ford website. With the MY18 landing in early 2018, I reckon deals will be had with some haggling after Xmas.
Sponsored