Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Haha....[MENTION]Bullitt[/MENTION] clearly we're on the same wavelength! I've only just had a chance to watch your latest video :)

[ame]

For my own amusement, as much as anything else, I wanted to see these two prototypes on the same page.

Are we looking at two different models? Or is it simply different camo? The rear ends looks very similar, but the front does appear different. The "spears" on the hood, "GT350 lower fangs" and side vents only seem to appear on the one car. But, again, the camo could just be doing its job :)

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Haha....[MENTION]Bullitt[/MENTION] clearly we're on the same wavelength! I've only just had a chance to watch your latest video :)

Haha nice! Yeah I definitely think we're seeing 2 different models here. The more that I look at both the more I doubt either are a GT350. My money is on Cobra for the more aggressive one and Mach 1 or Boss 429 for the tamer one.

supersnake94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Focus SE
What about this Mustang that was testing alongside the GT350 back in 2014 on the ring? Could it be possible they were testing a more hi-po Mustang? Yes it revs high in some of the videos, but they look like forgeline wheels and the front end looks similar to the new camo shots.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]rDCNfwrMW_U[/MEDIA]"]

Last edited:

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
What about this Mustang that was testing alongside the GT350 back in 2014 on the ring? Could it be possible they were testing a more hi-po Mustang? Yes it revs high in some of the videos, but they look like forgeline wheels and the front end looks similar to the new camo shots.

Interesting. That car has front cannards.

Sponsored

z460

MR.BIG SHOT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
f250
The GT 500 will have blowers. . .no Ecoboost and will be in the
neighborhood of 700+ HP

Our times are what dreams are made of. . .let the HP wars continue
Yea cause everybody wants another supercharged V8 time to move on from that old shit

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT

Good point, but I think that was just a very early GT350 prototype that just happened to be testing at the same time as a newer GT350 prototype. But "thinks" and "guesses" is all we have! :)

supersnake94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Focus SE
Good point, but I think that was just a very early GT350 prototype that just happened to be testing at the same time as a newer GT350 prototype. But "thinks" and "guesses" is all we have! :)
It is also important to note that Ford started the 2013 GT500 started development YEARS before it came out in 2011. Although this prototype may be just another GT350 prototype, it could also be possible that we could have also been looking at the early stages of GT500 development.

Teezlr

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.JakeTiesler.com
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP - 2000 Land Cruiser - 2001 Sequoia

If you listen, the car in the picture is not the same as the GT350... so either its a GT or another variant aka gt500 although I don't hear an audible blower whine. It does not sound the same as the GT350 flat plane crank...

Sponsored

Teezlr

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.JakeTiesler.com
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP - 2000 Land Cruiser - 2001 Sequoia

You are on to something here, the engine sounds much different than the "other" mustang in the video aka gt350

supersnake94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Focus SE
You are on to something here, the engine sounds much different than the "other" mustang in the video aka gt350
It revs high yes, but then again with the proper internals, you could get high RPMs on a CPC motor and that second car sounds like it likes the lower RPMs most of the time. Ford could have been testing two different applications as well to see which one was better for the GT350: a 5.2 FPC and a 5.2 CPC. Take a look at these videos of a Coyote going all the way up to 9000 RPM. It can go all the way up there, that does not mean Ford will.

NOTE: None of my findings mean anything may/is true. This is all theory and what I think according to my findings.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]LyjsqwgDjhA[/MEDIA]"]

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]DVvBqtbyTe0[/MEDIA]"]

Another thing to look at, is the front end in the second round of spy shots. Look at how the narrower grill and lower fascia are similar if you look closely. Pill posted this in the GT500 thread with this caption.

Wolf Island design, direction of MY19-20 and grandfathered 2021's for Motorsport and is a watered down version of the 500.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
It revs high yes, but then again with the proper internals, you could get high RPMs on a CPC motor and that second car sounds like it likes the lower RPMs most of the time. Ford could have been testing two different applications as well to see which one was better for the GT350: a 5.2 FPC and a 5.2 CPC. Take a look at these videos of a Coyote going all the way up to 9000 RPM. It can go all the way up there, that does not mean Ford will.

NOTE: None of my findings mean anything may/is true. This is all theory and what I think according to my findings.

Another thing to look at, is the front end in the second round of spy shots. Look at how the narrower grill and lower fascia are similar if you look closely. Pill posted this in the GT500 thread with this caption.
Now THERE'S a refreshed front end I would like, and what Ford should've done similar to.

Storm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197 Mustang

Looks like the GT4:

2017-Ford-Mustang-GT4.jpg

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Now THERE'S a refreshed front end I would like, and what Ford should've done similar to.
I agree. :thumbsup:
I like that as well. Much better than the '18 refresh in my opinion.
Sponsored