Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

MustangJoe84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 GT, 1998 GT Sport, 2003 Mach1, 2015 GT
I just received a 2018 printed guide that shows details about some of the special packages for all 2018 vehicles including Mustang. The second vehicle in the video is the Eco Premium Pony Package. (silver around windows, front grill like the 2015 anniversary, lower door side stripes, 2017 Eco PP rims painted silver, and the rear panel tribar pony like the V6 in red/white/blue instead of chrome). Tall spoiler is standard on Eco and GT PP (no mention if there is a delete). Black accent GT package requires painted black roof. Carbon fiber interior option on shift knob, dash panel and Alcantara inserts on door cards and seats. Sorry no pictures allowed.
Sponsored

jmarsch1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Premium
looks like we're talking about the exact same thing!

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros
While I am sure most of us would love to have a bump to 470 HP or more, we need to keep in mind that this is a refresh of a current model, not a new model, despite all the talk of how the Coyote is totally different. Ford also likes to keep a little on the table for future horsepower increases without having to change too much, as we all know. I hope I'm totally wrong, but just trying to be realistic.

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I just received a 2018 printed guide that shows details about some of the special packages for all 2018 vehicles including Mustang. The second vehicle in the video is the Eco Premium Pony Package. (silver around windows, front grill like the 2015 anniversary, lower door side stripes, 2017 Eco PP rims painted silver, and the rear panel tribar pony like the V6 in red/white/blue instead of chrome). Tall spoiler is standard on Eco and GT PP (no mention if there is a delete). Black accent GT package requires painted black roof. Carbon fiber interior option on shift knob, dash panel and Alcantara inserts on door cards and seats. Sorry no pictures allowed.
Better really hope there's a spoiler delete. If not... :barf:

raidn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Perf Pack + 1968 302 Coupe
So is the car going to be lighter or heavier now?
I'm pretty sure that they have said before that you can delete the spoiler, which I plan to do. I'll try and find that source.

In this interview with the chief engineer for the mustang he says that it's not only Aero-neutral but also provides downforce.

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
I'll take it!

Thanks for confirming :D

Not sure if that logic works out now that I look at the supposed GT500 IPC

New-Ford-Mustang-12-inch-LCD-digital-instrument-cluster-in-Normal-View-640x256.jpg

If that is the case, it will have about 251 HP and 755 TQ. :shrug:

So I have to go with the 455 in the GT and 755 in the GT500. I think that is more likely. I wonder if the 11:17: could be a hint at quarter mile speed for the GT500?

tonyd1

US NAVY,US ARMY,USCG-RET
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Ruby Red PP,Automatic
We just got our 2018 model year order guide companion here at the dealership. Some nice pictures of the '18s with the performance package, pony package for the EB, and a glimpse of the carbon sport interior package. My guess is since we just got the companion, we should see the guide any day now.
post it, so we all can see, thank you-Tonyd1:amen:

Sponsored

tonyd1

US NAVY,US ARMY,USCG-RET
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Ruby Red PP,Automatic
post it so we all can see, please, thank you-tonyd1:ford:

jmarsch1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Premium
post it, so we all can see, thank you-Tonyd1:amen:

I would love to! Unfortunately, we are not allowed to post pictures of these. Ford says this is proprietary information until the order guides are released. I don't want to put my job in jeopardy!

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
I would love to! Unfortunately, we are not allowed to post pictures of these. Ford says this is proprietary information until the order guides are released. I don't want to put my job in jeopardy!
Send me a PM with it?