Sponsored

More info on Michelin Pilot Sport 4S

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
stuntman said the PS4S is more evolutionary over the PSS, better wet traction and tread life over the PSS and that Conti Extreme Contact Sport is on par with PSS but a good deal less expensive than PS4S. Dont forget the 60 day try it out deal with Continental
Lol no they are not, quit trying to justify you purchase. Mpss has never lost a comparison to any tire except the 4s Michelin makes the best all around performance tire, anything else is a ompromise. I'm on my 4th different brand of tires on my Gt, mpss. They are hands down the best tires I have ever owned.
Sponsored

Rdot9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT Premium w/ Performance Package
Glad to see these are getting such good reviews. My MPSS are starting to get a bit slick. Definitely interested in seeing how these perform compared to the MPSS. :D

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I hear ya. I just got some PilotSport A/S3+s put on. Didn't realize how much these tires grip at any temperature until I put them to the test lol. :thumbsup:

Plus, they should last 40-45k miles.
I was just looking into these tires. I can't decide between these and the Continental DWS 06's. I drive my car all year long in PA, so I need something that will work well for both summer, fall, and winter. Right now I have the stock PZERO summer tires.

ricardocabesa

STD free
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT w/PP
Is there a 'bad' Mustang version ? Seriously, I don't know these things.

I've wondered why PZeros are so damned expensive, yet by and far they get shitty reviews from Mustang owners.
PZeros are just fine. Very few folks,including myself,have the skills required to take that tire or any tire to it's limits. And none of us do so on the street in spite of what we believe.

Egghead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
Ford press release on the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S debuting on the 2018 Mustang GT
Yeh but , any thoughts guys , as I'm in the market for some rubber are theses any good ???

Sponsored

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
I hear great reviews on this new tire all around. I had a nail in my rear right side wall and was near a Firestone and the best tire they had in stock was the Bridgestone Potenza S-04 pole position. These things stick but are a "heavy" tire. I run 18's not 19 or surely never 20's. I want the "gear advantage" and I do road warrior my pony thru chicanes and S- curves.

OX1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Auto-86 Capri 5.0 Turbo, 2017 Fusion Sport
Hopefully you'll get 25,000 miles or more with moderate abuse. My Pzero's lasted 15,000 with light abuse and now I'm about to take my MPSS's off at 24,000 miles with moderate plus abuse. I'm looking forward to all seasons this time so I can enjoy the car more than 5 months a year. Below 60 degrees the MPSS spin almost as much as the Pzero's.
edit: I forgot they're not a square setup!

I just put 245/40R19 4S's on my fusion sport. Granted that is AWD, so no spin, but no drop off in dry handling and no low temp flat spotting this morning @ 41 degrees.

stang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP
I was just looking into these tires. I can't decide between these and the Continental DWS 06's. I drive my car all year long in PA, so I need something that will work well for both summer, fall, and winter. Right now I have the stock PZERO summer tires.

I live in North East PA and purchased the General GMAX ASO3 last year when tire rack had them on clearance for $580 for the complete set of 4 tires. They worked extremely well in the snow ( I drive my car year round and don't have access to a garage or driveway). In the summer I found they hooked better than the stock PZeros. In fact, there has been a Roush charged MT82 car running in the 10's with these tires!

I unfortunately picked up a nail near the sidewall in the driver front and ended up replacing both front tires with the new GMAX AS05 as the AS03s have been discontinued. Continental/General was able to give me a rebate for 1 tire free since I wanted the front tires to match each other and had only 2,000 miles on them when the tire got damaged.

Thread wear seems leaps and bounds above the PZeros.

Nonetheless, highly recommend the GMAX tires as they provide better traction than the PZeros, are relatively cheap, appear to have great thread wear, and can be driven year round.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Dude, that's just flat out risky!

You can't go wrong with the DWS 06s or the PilotSport A/S 3+. Just find which one you can get a better deal on. I went with the PilotSport because I got a better deal. :thumbsup:

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Can't wait to try them on my car next summer in comparison to my regular super sports. Hoping they make them in 285/35/19 and 305/35/19.
There's no 305/35/19, unfortunately...

Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
There's no 305/35/19, unfortunately...
I looked up and saw that... Looks like the closest size is 295/35/19 or 325/30/19.

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
Dude, that's just flat out risky!

You can't go wrong with the DWS 06s or the PilotSport A/S 3+. Just find which one you can get a better deal on. I went with the PilotSport because I got a better deal. :thumbsup:
Yeah, I don't want to risk another winter on summer tires. The prices I found are about the same for both tires. A set of the A/S 3 are like $60 more, not enough to make much difference, so I'm most likely going with the A/S 3's.

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
I like the looks and look forward to an unbiased review.I wonder what the wear rating will be. My P Zeros are only 2 weeks old but by the time I need to replace them Michelin will be on the 9S. Exact size replacement for '17 PP.
P zeros are shit, had them in my '13 5.0 and now in the viper. Only reasons im keeping them is I dont want to spending money on two sets of tires when I'm already buying forgelines.

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
stuntman said the PS4S is more evolutionary over the PSS, better wet traction and tread life over the PSS and that Conti Extreme Contact Sport is on par with PSS but a good deal less expensive than PS4S. Dont forget the 60 day try it out deal with Continental
The ECS is similar in the dry but better in the wet than the PSS. The PS4S isn't much better in the dry than the PSS but is much better in the wet and lasts longer. All3 are very similar in general performance and better than most tires all-around than anything else.

Lol no they are not, quit trying to justify you purchase. Mpss has never lost a comparison to any tire except the 4s Michelin makes the best all around performance tire, anything else is a ompromise. I'm on my 4th different brand of tires on my Gt, mpss. They are hands down the best tires I have ever owned.
Have you driven the ECS? They absolutely are as good as the PSS. There's probably only tenths of a second difference between the two in the dry and the ECS is noticeably better in the wet. I have PSS on one of my cars & my wife's car and I have ECS on another car. I don't have too much time on the new PS4S but it's definitely a evolutionary step from the PSS (which was revolutionary over the PS2). Unless you can get everything out of a car and tire, any one of these 3 would be great options for 99% of buyers..

ricardocabesa

STD free
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT w/PP
P zeros are shit, had them in my '13 5.0 and now in the viper. Only reasons im keeping them is I dont want to spending money on two sets of tires when I'm already buying forgelines.
No,they'e not shit. You don't like them,I get it. And if they were,I doubt Ford would use them on the PP.Or are you suggesting Ford is using them to save money?
Sponsored