Sponsored

2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

Blue 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
I agree it's probably photoshopped. And the reason I think so is that it just isn't good enough looking. I doubt Ford would put an ugly cast Cobra on the top of the blower like that. It seems more likely that Ford would have a beautiful plate made separately to bolt onto the top of the blower.

My thought is maybe the blower the tester has is very plain and doesn't look like much, so they added the Cobra and the 5.2 to stir up the forums.
Yea because Ford cares what people on the forums and internet thinks? Also waste time and resources to throw people on the forums off? Not buying that for a split second sorry.
Sponsored

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
I don't think it's photo shopped at all, it just looks like it's raised a bit in the rear to angle forward giving it a slight reflection.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
what surprises me about that oil list is it doesn't mention raptor. The GT motor is specific, but so is the raptors. With that said, isn't the ford ranger raptor due in 2020 as well? Not on the list, nor is a hypo version of the bronco, which could be a 2021/2022 MY. I just don't think this list is complete in regard to going into specific vehicles. Could be wrong tho.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Yea because Ford cares what people on the forums and internet thinks? Also waste time and resources to throw people on the forums off? Not buying that for a split second sorry.
Maybe I wasn't clear enough. That photo of the blower looks UGLY. Ford would not produce an ugly looking blower like that for the GT500.

Would you pay GT500 money (don't know how much but probably at least $60k) for a car that had a blower top that looked like that? I sure as heck wouldn't. That looks nothing like the smooth, shiny parts generally produced by Ford.

I didn't think the photo came from Ford. I'm not sure why you thought I was saying that. I agree Ford wouldn't send out an ugly photo like that.

Blue 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Maybe I wasn't clear enough. That photo of the blower looks UGLY. Ford would not produce an ugly looking blower like that for the GT500.

Would you pay GT500 money (don't know how much but probably at least $60k) for a car that had a blower top that looked like that? I sure as heck wouldn't. That looks nothing like the smooth, shiny parts generally produced by Ford.

I didn't think the photo came from Ford. I'm not sure why you thought I was saying that. I agree Ford wouldn't send out an ugly photo like that.
OK yea i can agree with that maybe not being the final product with aesthetics being missing to dress it up and make it look more like a finished product. They would not waste R&D money with that for testing purposes. :cheers:

And yes the photos definitely did not come form Ford.

Edit: also did not mean to sound condescending in my last post so sorry if I cam across rude

Sponsored

intoadaze

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Ivann
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT 5.0

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
The only thing I see looking different about that supercharger casting is possibly a surface coating of some kind to make it brighter/more resistant to elements.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think it's photo shopped at all, it just looks like it's raised a bit in the rear to angle forward giving it a slight reflection.
:thumbsup:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

It's a prototype vehicle spy shot leak. The final surfaces won't be shown till the reveal, and even between then and J1 there is some minor pedigree churn on pre-production cars.

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
It's sounds funny to complain about the looks of a pre production spy photo, especially since the potential for super hero level power is real. I do get it though, after seeing the earlier link of whipple's new models and how clean they look in comparison to this. Can't wait to see the finished product!

Sponsored

Litenin75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT/CS
"The first year mustang, later called the 1964½, was available in two models: the coupe and the convertible. Both of these models featured lengthened hoods and shorter rear decks than the prototypes, also chrome wrap-around bumpers and grilles with a running hose, and full wheel covers. Both the coupe and the convertible were available with a 170cid 101horsepower 6 cylinder engine, a 260 2-V 164 horsepower V-8, a 289-4V 210 horsepower V-8, and beginning in June, a powerful 4 barrel, solid lifter, 289cid 271 horsepower V-8 engine."

1964.5 Mustang was offered with a 289.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500

Lol have you seen the engine bay of a stock 03/04 Terminator?

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I actually think that engine bay looks cleaner than the GT500's.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Edit: also did not mean to sound condescending in my last post so sorry if I cam across rude
No offense taken. I'm open to being told that my post was dumb. I realize I'm quite imperfect.

The Pantera would’ve been a nice competitor for the corvette :(
Mmmm, mid engine Ford goodness!

It's a prototype vehicle spy shot leak. The final surfaces won't be shown till the reveal, and even between then and J1 there is some minor pedigree churn on pre-production cars.
I guess it's possible that the finished vehicle will have a casting shape like that but just finished better. In the past it seems like Ford has tended to use separate shiny plaques rather than using the casting in such a way.

Just seems far-fetched to me. I would have expected either just plain with nothing there, or a blank space with locations for mounting bosses in the corners.

Obviously you know a lot more about the pre-production stuff than I do.

It's sounds funny to complain about the looks of a pre production spy photo, especially since the potential for super hero level power is real. I do get it though, after seeing the earlier link of whipple's new models and how clean they look in comparison to this. Can't wait to see the finished product!
I'm not complaining about the quality, just questioning the validity. But Big Mac's reaction tells me I must have been way off base and this is really what the pre-production part could/does look like.

Nope.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
No offense taken. I'm open to being told that my post was dumb. I realize I'm quite imperfect.

Mmmm, mid engine Ford goodness!

I guess it's possible that the finished vehicle will have a casting shape like that but just finished better. In the past it seems like Ford has tended to use separate shiny plaques rather than using the casting in such a way.

Just seems far-fetched to me. I would have expected either just plain with nothing there, or a blank space with locations for mounting bosses in the corners.

Obviously you know a lot more about the pre-production stuff than I do.

I'm not complaining about the quality, just questioning the validity. But Big Mac's reaction tells me I must have been way off base and this is really what the pre-production part could/does look like.

Nope.
Adding lightness ;). Why add a few ounces to a pound or so of weight on a panel when you can cast it right into a surface that needs stiffening ribs anyway? It's more expensive to make, but not that much more.
Sponsored